• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marvel Spider Man | September 7th 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I disagree. There is only a handful of genuinely demanding challenges that you'd have to retry a dozen times to get Ultimate.
A. What's easy for one isn't necessarily easy for others.
B. Having to repeat side missions at all given how grindy they were the 1st time around is a tad bit annoying.

EDIT: Update, have the plat now. Challenges give more tokens than I initially expected though still stand by the general principal of my previous statements.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

Absolutely true in this case, the Challenges really are something. For me, the drone challenges were the most difficult, since they also came with a lot of repetition in order to get the Ultimate score, and Spidey inertia is rather hard to estimate for me with such precision, which means I spent A LOT of time on ALL of these Drones ; ^ ;
I did have to retry the Drones, Bombs and Combat challenges a bunch of times to get Ultimate, or even just Spectacular.
I didn't really have to retry for the Stealth ones, but that's because I absolutely, utterly love stealth and thus knew what I was doing from the start.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
B. Having to repeat side missions at all given how grindy they were the 1st time around is a tad bit annoying.

EDIT: Update, have the plat now. Challenges give more tokens than I initially expected though still stand by the general principal of my previous statements.

A. I know hence why I mentioned in combat that those in particular could differ depending on how good you are at the game; I suppose it could apply to all of them, but I figured that combat is the one that people would mostly have a problem with. Anything that has to do with swinging, to me at least, seems like would be easier since more often than not Spidey will respond the way you want him to.

FYI this is with me thinking the combat is generally easy once you get the hang of it -- even on Hard. I did start out on Normal just because (much like the Arkham games) it takes a while for me to get situated to the flow of the combat. But I was making that post with that consideration in mind; that I'm playing on the highest difficulty. I'm nowhere near like those Youtubers that do these crazy challenges so I imagine most people are probably playing on Normal and should have an easier time with some of these. Or at the very least with Combat and Stealth. Drones and Bombs might have the same timing for it regardless of difficulty.

B. Elaborate? I mean the whole game is grindy to begin with, but the only thing that got tiring really quick was the random crimes.

And to touch on your update, I should've mentioned that it isn't required to get Ultimate on all challenges in order to have enough for the suits. I'm pretty sure you could get enough by doing just a few on Ultimate and getting the rest on Spectacular.

But I'm also of the mentality that if you care enough to want to get the platinum trophy, you're going to put in the work, even if you diddlyed up. I didn't just disagree because I find the game on the easy side.

Sdog

Awards
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...-the-heist-out-next-tuesday-adds-3-new-suits/

First look at the 3 new suits coming. Who's gonna be jumping back in?

45293992982_8e1daa1514_b.jpg

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm super pumped for the DLC.

Honestly, I'd like some simpler fun suits, like playing as Peter with NO suit, or playing as Stan Lee again (that was a neat thing one of the other games did).

Last edited:

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Meh, the new suits looks okay.
I actually am pretty hyped for the DLCs seeing as after getting 100% Idk what else to do other than fight more crime. I mean I have everything so I'm pretty good for the moment till the DLC comes.
@Max; Hah, playing Stan like in Lego Marvel Super Heroes swinging in the city would be hilarious. And well, technically there is the one of him in his ESU outfit but still has the mask on. Wouldn't want to give his identity away now do we? ;) I kinda just want a suit that has some inspiration of Venom.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Waiting for the inevitable 'Bombastic Bagman' suit. You know it's going to happen eventually.

hqdefault.jpg

Chuuya

Awards
Ahh, now there's trophies for replaying the story and having played through ultimate level.
Challenge accepted.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Ahh, now there's trophies for replaying the story and having played through ultimate level.
Challenge accepted.

Haha oops, I already erased the game to make space for Tomb Raider. Guess it's gonna have to wait till I get back to the states!

I haven't looked around much, but so far the only changes for Ultimate seem to be higher enemy HP and output damage while Spidey's health being lowered. That sounds p lazy and uninteresting. I'll eventually do it, but not for a few months.

At least I got a good chuckle out of this

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuuya

Awards
Haha oops, I already erased the game to make space for Tomb Raider. Guess it's gonna have to wait till I get back to the states!

I haven't looked around much, but so far the only changes for Ultimate seem to be higher enemy HP and output damage while Spidey's health being lowered. That sounds p lazy and uninteresting. I'll eventually do it, but not for a few months.

At least I got a good chuckle out of this

Spoiler Spoiler Show
I haven't uninstalled it because of waiting for the DLCs. I thought about doing the NG+ today but then thought about it. I'll just wait till after I'm done with DLCs to do it, get all those done before focusing on doing the story again.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I was going to wait till this first piece of DLC came out (especially after I saw that Kaine's Scarlet Spider suit is being added to the game; one of the few good things to spin off out of Dan Slott's atrocious 10 year run on Amazing Spider-Man) but I had a stronger desire to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and realized it's probably better to wait for all of the DLC to come out first.

I know y'll love the game, but I legit wouldn't rate this game above a 6/10. Some of it are personal issues, but I wasn't blown away by the game like most people. So it ended up being a no-brainer for me to erase this over other games to make space for Tomb Raider.

At the end of the day it ended up feeling like a mish-mash of different ideas pulled from different Spider-Man media instead of something interesting, intriguing or innovative -- especially within the sphere of Spider-Man games.

Swinging was fun, I'll give it that.

DiscordSparkle

Just finished 100%ing (or at least what the map says is 100%) my Ultimate difficulty NG+ run. Looking forward to the DLC.

DiscordSparkle

Completed the Heist portion of the DLC, was pretty good. It adds a few story missions, a new super-mook type that IMO is the strongest in the game so far, 10 of a new collectible that gives you extra lore with each one you find, five new challenges, and a new faction of crimes to stop which adds a new random crime involving using the Spider Bot to disarm car bombs. It takes place after the main story of the game.

Chuuya

Awards
I got 100% for the first DLC. Took me the day of the release and day after to complete the story (I played for half an hour the first day, thanks school). DLC was surprisingly quick as well as getting 100%, though I did come across a bug or glitch. When completing all the Screwball challenges did Screwball not say anything to me after completing them all. I was confused and but then went off into the city but no crimes would appear and it locked me out of fast travel to police stations. Utterly confused, I reload to last checkpoint and there did Screwball finally have her dialogue and everything went back to normal with fast travel and Maggia crimes. Is this in fact a bug/glitch?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So I just got this game a bit ago and I'm only at 10%, but THIS GAME IS AMAZING (pun intended). To swing through the city, fight crime, track down backpacks, take landmark pictures etc has been a blast so far. Especially swinging through the city. It's so dynamic on such a large scale. Mad props to Insomniac. I'm digging the story so far. I've run into a few glitches haha, but nothing game breaking. I'm excited to explore more of the city.

I'm a little peeved that when I ordered this game off of Amazon (through SCEA) they sent me a European copy. While the PS4 isn't region locked, I can't play any of the DLC. Thanks Amazon -.-

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So I finally beat the game and got the platinum trophy. Man, they need to make more games like this. Phenomenal. I am definitely hoping for a second game! I think I'm going to take a break, but I will eventually start NG+.

Last edited:
Back