• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marvel Spider Man | September 7th 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I just need to type down one thing I love right now, can be considered a spoiler though so here we go.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Phantom

Just beat the game! Got all the trophies, as well.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Oh man I forgot to post here when I finished the game
I shared all the hype with Chuman once I did, I won't type all the fangirling out again xD
I'll keep it short and spoiler-free. This game had a fantastic story, well-tied together and honestly I didn't expect a superhero game to have such a great narrative. The voice acting was superb, absolutely superb. I adored the soundtrack, the atmosphere changes, the weather changes, the complexity of the concepts involved in the conflict... The use of the villain characters we grew up with was so awesome, it got me excited all over again, I felt the fascination I felt as a kid, I saw once again why I loved and love Spidey's universe so much. And this game nailed Peter, looking at him and hearing him talk and talk and talk through the playthrough I kept saying to myself "yes, this is my childhood crush, this is the Spider-Man"

Trophy-related, Platinum was easy and fun to get, for a completionist like me it's perhaps even more satisfying to finish the game and immediately afterwards see the "Be Greater" Platinum trophy pop-up. So yes, one can Platinum this game in one run, right when finishing the story. This, however, doesn't leave much for post-game as of now, as you literally complete all sidemissions and stuff by then ;;;; I don't mind though, this game and THIS Spidey was the Spidey I love and wanted to see. I feel this game did an amazing job... Insomniac did an amazing job, even beyond my positive expectations I had before playing through the game <3

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I have the game at 91% right now and all I have left to do us story, I've finished up all the side stuff. So I'll also be seeing "Be Greater" pop among completion.

I'm still baffled by how amazing this game is. One might even call it spectacular.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I have the game at 91% right now and all I have left to do us story, I've finished up all the side stuff. So I'll also be seeing "Be Greater" pop among completion.

I'm still baffled by how amazing this game is. One might even call it spectacular.
I'm at 86%. I need to step up my game.
Tbh this game is so good I've been playing nothing but this for days. Trying to reach 100% before the DLC releases this coming month. I need to hurry. O-O'

Max

Staff member
Awards
Well, I finally beat it. What a good, solid game. Insomniac did superb. Super fun game with a lot of extra content, and a very well written story. The game never felt too long or too short, I'm so happy with this Spider-Man experience.

Got the plat upon finishing the final act, looking forward to this DLC.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Whee, save for 2 costumes I'm finished with the game. What a ride.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
Whee, save for 2 costumes I'm finished with the game. What a ride.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuuya

Awards
Well, I finally beat it. What a good, solid game. Insomniac did superb. Super fun game with a lot of extra content, and a very well written story. The game never felt too long or too short, I'm so happy with this Spider-Man experience.

Got the plat upon finishing the final act, looking forward to this DLC.
Well darn, I'm only at 95%. What sucks is my weekend will be spent babysitting and no gaming.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I wasn't going to get Spidey until I finished God of War, but last week I could get it for € 44 instead of € 65 so yeah :p (fun fact, the exact moment the final boss fight started in GoW my bell rang for my Spidey delivery) I've been playing most of yesterday and can't get over how much fun I have just webslinging. Got hit with a glitch that causes some of the optional objectives in crimes to be automatically checked, preventing me from collecting bonus Crime Tokens. Also another glitch where I was able to enter a building that was clearly not meant to be entered, being a big open space with only a little bit of floor in the sky and an elevator to go there. The characters in there (who I had to stalk and investigate) didn't react to me either. Other than that, great game so far (I'd really like those tokens tho)

Max

Staff member
Awards
I wasn't going to get Spidey until I finished God of War, but last week I could get it for € 44 instead of € 65 so yeah :p (fun fact, the exact moment the final boss fight started in GoW my bell rang for my Spidey delivery) I've been playing most of yesterday and can't get over how much fun I have just webslinging. Got hit with a glitch that causes some of the optional objectives in crimes to be automatically checked, preventing me from collecting bonus Crime Tokens. Also another glitch where I was able to enter a building that was clearly not meant to be entered, being a big open space with only a little bit of floor in the sky and an elevator to go there. The characters in there (who I had to stalk and investigate) didn't react to me either. Other than that, great game so far (I'd really like those tokens tho)

Are they objectives you know you've never completed before? Because if you do a duplicate crime that you've already gotten checks on previously then they stay checked.

Chuuya

Awards
I suck at getting Challenge tokens, and I still need so many for suits and gadgets. That's the only thing in my way from 100%, I need platinuuum.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I suck at getting Challenge tokens, and I still need so many for suits and gadgets. That's the only thing in my way from 100%, I need platinuuum.

Get the suits using challenge tokens first. You can easily get the gadgets trophy using minimal challenge tokens but if you use too many on gadgets, you're looking at having to get ultimate rankings to get the rest of the suits.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Are they objectives you know you've never completed before? Because if you do a duplicate crime that you've already gotten checks on previously then they stay checked.

Ah, didn't know that. I'll admit I haven't paid close attention to that possibility, so it's probably that then.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Ah, didn't know that. I'll admit I haven't paid close attention to that possibility, so it's probably that then.

Yeah, just something to keep in mind, because I was also confused about it when I was first playing too.

One of the glitches I faced multiple times was if I listened to an audio recording in the lab, then the option to complete puzzles in the lab disappeared for me unless I left and came back. They've since patched that though apparently according to the patch notes, just a couple days after I'd already completed all puzzles. Nothing game breaking, just a minor inconvenience.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Get the suits using challenge tokens first. You can easily get the gadgets trophy using minimal challenge tokens but if you use too many on gadgets, you're looking at having to get ultimate rankings to get the rest of the suits.

This game could use a refund/respec mechanic for players that didn't realize how they screw themselves over.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I disagree. There is only a handful of genuinely demanding challenges that you'd have to retry a dozen times to get Ultimate. Otherwise they're all generally doable, and once you get the hang of it, you're going to be knocking out those ultimate rankings in 1 maybe 2 or 3 tries -- depending on whether you feel you diddlyed up enough to restart.

Stealth: These ones may normally require at least a few retries in order for you to get your bearings and figure out the most optimal path to take all enemies out as quickly as possible. But I think other than 2 of these (including my first one), they were all p easy.

Bombs: Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Very easy to figure out the order to go for. Only 2 of these challenges had very strict timing imo.

Combat: So these may differ from person to person depending on how good you are at the game. I think I'm okay, and only had trouble with 2 of these. My first one because I didn't know how the ranking was going to work, and once you learn that keeping your combo intact (just shooting webs a lot helps this out) and defeating enemies as fast as possible is the way to go then everything else is like clockwork. The 2nd one I just kept messing up the Web Blossom positioning and at times randomly got hit at the start-up causing me to drop the combo.

Imo the best suit power to use (may depend on the challenge) is Battle Focus and Web Blossom. Tbh these are the ones I mainly use anyway; most of them are kind of on the meh side.

Drones: Just 1 give me any issues, and that was mostly just me being unfocused I guess. More than likely you'll have at least 1 retry if only to know where those spheres are going to show up, but the game isn't too strict on the timing compared to some of the bomb ones.

Chuuya

Awards
I got platinum, it was worth it. I thought it was going to be a lot harder, but actually earned my last 3 trophies today. Now I can go to bed tonight peacefully knowing I got platinum.

Back