• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marvel Spider Man | September 7th 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Shielding my eyes from any potential spoilers. I've played about 6 hours and I must say that we've finally gotten, in my opinion, a new must-buy game for the PS4. Everything is good.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Shielding my eyes from any potential spoilers. I've played about 6 hours and I must say that we've finally gotten, in my opinion, a new must-buy game for the PS4. Everything is good.

Yeah I legit have no complaints at all other than one time I tried to take a selfie and Peter's face vanished lol. But I mean...oh well. It only happened once.

Launchpad

Awards
I just feel like it's been so long since a really awesome PS4 exclusive came out, and now we have this game and it's just doing everything right. I know a lot of people loved GOW but that game wasn't as unapologetically fun as Spidey. All the costumes, special moves, movement options, and side content just make it feel like the new gold standard for superhero games.

Sidenote, a lot of people have compared the combat to Arkham Asylum, which is demonstrably false; Spidey has two primary attack buttons, air combos, and moves that require appropriate spacing. Arkham kept Bruce on the ground, and would automatically slide him towards enemies to take them out. Quite different, I would say.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I just feel like it's been so long since a really awesome PS4 exclusive came out, and now we have this game and it's just doing everything right. I know a lot of people loved GOW but that game wasn't as unapologetically fun as Spidey. All the costumes, special moves, movement options, and side content just make it feel like the new gold standard for superhero games.

Sidenote, a lot of people have compared the combat to Arkham Asylum, which is demonstrably false; Spidey has two primary attack buttons, air combos, and moves that require appropriate spacing. Arkham kept Bruce on the ground, and would automatically slide him towards enemies to take them out. Quite different, I would say.

It reminds me of the combat a bit, but yeah its actually way more different than I was anticipating tbh. It feels more challenging? Like yeah its probably the lack of it guiding me to people and such lol. On the flip side, I have done some rad stuff I wasn't expecting to as much as well.

I need more superhero games like this immediately lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I just finished the story at 90% trophy completion.

It was such an amazing experience with so many unexpected turns and delights. I love Spider-Man so much and Insomniac has knocked it out of the park. I’m so, so happy Sony chosen them and they chose Spider-Man.

Also Darin De Paul voiced J. Jonah Jameson and I’m shook. I could not even tell it was him!

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards

It was such an amazing experience with so many unexpected turns and delights. I love Spider-Man so much and Insomniac has knocked it out of the park. I’m so, so happy Sony chosen them and they chose Spider-Man.

Also Darin De Paul voiced J. Jonah Jameson and I’m shook. I could not even tell it was him!
I knew he sounded familiar! :O
Yeah, I'm in competition between my brother with who beats the game first. But honestly for the moment I don't care, I'm enjoying the gameplay. Already guaranteed getting those DLCs.
And with Spidey's combat, definitely love the many different ways taking out enemies.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Recon

Art of War
Awards

It has been like 2 days! Welp, glad you liked it. I've read that getting the platinum is quite easy and has no missable trophies. I'm currently purging my backlog before I jump into this game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It has been like 2 days! Welp, glad you liked it. I've read that getting the platinum is quite easy and has no missable trophies. I'm currently purging my backlog before I jump into this game.
Three days in Australia! I was able to do it while also doing a bunch of real life stuff so it’s not like I dedicated entire days to it xD

The trophies are so easy. Out of fear of spoilers I didn’t look at the trophy list and I was so surprised that I achieved nearly all of them. I’ve since use trip mines to make goons hug and I’m now working on clearing crime out of the city.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Three days in Australia! I was able to do it while also doing a bunch of real life stuff so it’s not like I dedicated entire days to it xD

The trophies are so easy. Out of fear of spoilers I didn’t look at the trophy list and I was so surprised that I achieved nearly all of them. I’ve since use trip mines to make goons hug and I’m now working on clearing crime out of the city.

Ah thats nice to know, I'm going super slow and am only 35% done but am being very thorough so I expect to have most stuff done when I finish the main story as well! Already know I'm gonna love what happens next :p

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm at 38% now having done every possible side activity up to where I'm at. I'm already dreading being done with the game :(

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Am I the only one who found the web swinging and combat to be an advanced version of ultimate Spider-Man? It’s great, don’t get me wrong. It’s an amazing game. I loved ultimate Spider-Man and I think it took the great parts of that game and just made them better.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
My game arrived today, it feels absolutely amazing and Spectacular difficulty has the good balance between damage dealt and damage intake that I was looking for.
Photo mode with all those settings feels totally professional, a passionate film photographer here speaking! I love everything about it, this game was made with love from what I can see so far <3

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm at 49% done. Halfway feels like the end is right around the corner :(

Phantom

I love this game. Web swinging around the city and beating enemies in different ways is really fun, and doing sidequests and searching collectibles is really addicting.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm having waaaaaay too much fun just going through the city, collecting all of the collectibles and stopping crime. I don't want to advance the story haha

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
^ same, also my addiction to Photo Mode got worse T w T...........
Man, the stealth possibilities are incredible, I am amazed once again
*edit to add something very important:
It's exhilarating to hear Ardyn be SO SALTY, so very very salt, so salt

Last edited:

Launchpad

Awards
Just beat the game. Loved it! Except...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm at 56%, beat Act 1 last night. Damn, this is the most enjoyment I've gotten out of a game in a long time!

Back