• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marluxia, lord of Castle Oblivion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Has it ever been explained as why Xemnas chose him to be the Lord of Castle Oblivion? I read somewhere that Xemnas was very suspicious about Marluxia. If so why make him Lord of Castle Oblivion and get half of his trusted members to go on a suicide mission? I don't understand why he didn't just get 1 of his 5 apprentices who was with him at the time when they were still whole. Xigbar, Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus or Zexion.

This question has been bothering me a lot so I want to know. Why did Xemnas choose Marluxia?

Muse

you look atrocious
I think of it as a test of trust. If Marluxia remained loyal to Xemnas and the Organization, then he could remain Lord of CO I guess. If not, then Xemnas would simply dispatch a member to eliminate him. Simple as that.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
^ Is pretty possible.

Says on KH wiki (Oh good...ugh...), that he could've been seeking to expose that he was a traitor and granted him authority to prove it.
That or he wanted the pink and flowers awaaaay from him, but there are probably other reasons.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
It could also have been possible that Marluxia was the one to have discovered Castle Oblivion, which means that he would have almost automatically been given lordship over it.

LOL, I remember that when I first heard of it, I had thought that it was because Marluxia was the owner of the castle, and that he was giving it to the Organization, which was why he was still lord. However, I know now that this isn't true.

There's also what others have said, that he thought it would be a way to either test Marluxia and his loyalty, or to completely eradicate him.

Muse

you look atrocious
He wanted to test him if he was worthy of being second in command.
so when He's gone Marluxia can take his place.

Little problem with that: Saix is Second in Command, not Marluxia. And if it wasn't Saix, then Xemnas would have been more likely to have Luxord one of his fellow Apprentices as Second in Command than someone whom he has his doubts about.

It could also have been possible that Marluxia was the one to have discovered Castle Oblivion, which means that he would have almost automatically been given lordship over it.

LOL, I remember that when I first heard of it, I had thought that it was because Marluxia was the owner of the castle, and that he was giving it to the Organization, which was why he was still lord. However, I know now that this isn't true.

There's also what others have said, that he thought it would be a way to either test Marluxia and his loyalty, or to completely eradicate him.

=/ I think the Organization found CO before they recruited Marluxia. It's even possible they found it right before Luxord or even Demyx joined, seeing as how Xigbar and Xaldin were on duty to find new recruits.

Shadowlight

In the Japanese book about the Organization, Last minutes to Castle Oblivion,
Zexion talks to Lexaeus about Xemnas choosing the members they weren't sure to be trustworthy (Axel,Marluxia and Larxene) to go there as a test of trust.
Sending the originl members (Vexen, Zexion and Lexaeus) as a counter balance.

Although WHY they would make a test of an important mission like that is beyond me.

Muse

you look atrocious
In the Japanese book about the Organization, Last minutes to Castle Oblivion,
Zexion talks to Lexaeus about Xemnas choosing the members they weren't sure to be trustworthy (Axel,Marluxia and Larxene) to go there as a test of trust.
Sending the originl members (Vexen, Zexion and Lexaeus) as a counter balance.

Although WHY they would make a test of an important mission like that is beyond me.

If it turns out that Marly, Larxy, and Axel couldn't be trusted, Vexy, Zexy, and Lexy goes and disposes of them. :D Make sense?

Muse

you look atrocious
In the end, everyone except Axel died, so it doesn't matter. =/

Samhain

Bronze Member
^ Um no. After they banish Ansem the Wise. Xehanort had his 5 apprentices. Those were considered his 5 apprentices AFTER THEY BANISHED ANSEM THE WISE.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
It was a test of his loyalty, because Axel was sent there to find out Marluxia's plans as a double agent.

Owa

Im sure it will be answered in 358/2 days, so we can find out for sure then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back