• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Marcus Fenix vs. Master Chief

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who would win?

• Fenix

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • M.C.

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

swizzle

You are such a drag..
but of course you cant over rule the active reload, which marcus is teh master of. fenix would obviously use the active on the weapon at hand and totally pwn MC, cuz MC does have active. all of his weapons are, well regular.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Chief doesn't need active reloads. He has plasma weapons, which are NOT regular weapons. Besides, I highly doubt that normal bullets, even active bullets, could lower Chief's energy shields very fast.

swizzle

You are such a drag..
if a regular SMG or a regular pistol can, then active bullets can MOST DEFINETLY lower htem, and fast. plus, he wouldnt use an alien weapon because he uses all human weapons.

swizzle

You are such a drag..
well, a human wouldnt use an alien weapon, and i was saying like not gameing, like a person playing MC and a person playing MF. i mean the actual characters using their skills and knowledge and battle abilities that we have seen in the game and all of the rules that apply to being who they are. im not sure if that last little bit made sense about being who they are but oh well.

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
I think the only thing that Fenix can beat Chief with is the Torque Bow or the Boomshot. The Lancer, Hammerburst, pistols, and sniper rifle wouldn't be able to lower Chief's energy shields very fast, and Chief could easily take cover to avoid headshots from the sniper rifle and pistols. Even if Marcus misses with the Boomshot, it can cause a severe amount of damage if it comes close enough to Chief. The Hammer of Dawn is just too risky. If there isn't an aligned satellite, it's useless. If they're fighting in a tight spot, it's still useless since Marcus would kill himself along with Chief. And if Chief has a bubble shield, Marcus would have to get up close to do anything. Now the Torque Bow, all Marcus has to do is land 1, maybe 2 shots, and Chief is done. Since the arrows stick to their target, Chief wouldn't be able to do much if he gets hit.

swizzle

You are such a drag..
i am just now seeing a flaw with the torque against hte Cheif. The torque may bounce off of his armour like it sometimes does with the Boomers if you hit the wrong spot. MC might have a spot like that or several spots like that. but if the hammer of dawnwas used, then alls it would have to do is get close enough to the cheif and he will blow up or one of his limbs will get torn off. Same goes for the Boom shot, like you said. But don't you think that the active reload for all of the weapons in GOW would help Fenix significantly? If you have ever seen a shot of a regular longshot sniper rifle compared to an active reloaded longshot, there is a MASSIVE difference!!! I do think that the longshot might actually kill the Chief if used properly. Also, do downs have hte same effect? Are both players able to be downed or is it like the rules of hte game effect only that player? If the case is that the rules of the game only effect that player, then that would mean that Fenix can come back up by tapping A repeatedly. lol. I am still standing by Fenix kicking Chiefs ass, but it wuold be a close fight and could go either way.

❖Ħλν?₡❖

Call me Candyman
Pwn3d, think before you speak.
Two things I want you to be knowing.

-MC is not real so he cant play halo, like you said. Also, even if he could then there would be no difference at all.

-Since I know what you are talking about, no, if MC was really fighting then it would not be much different. What you can do in the game is wht master cheif can do, not the bullshit they made up as they went along in the books. Yes I know they are cannon and I indeed understand that they are part of halo but I am comparing the game characters, their games, and the extent of their ability in cutscenes. Also since Marcus has no graphic novel full of nonsence and such.

Also if he is getting shot at with a sniper he could not truly take cover and prevent headshots because the snipers are much bettter in GoW and they dont leave a smoke trail leadin to the shooter reavealing their position.

In conclusion: I think that no matter what weapon he uses, Marcus could murder MC.

P.S.------Pwn3d, if you want to be a man and insult me when my back is not turned then thats okay too.

pwninator

Read the books, you are making an argument of ignorance."just because i don't know, means that this guy must be better." Read the books. Read the books. Read the books. They will run you like 20 dollar to get the 4 orginal and like anoter 10 to get the new one. Read them. Read them. I'm not joking around, go out, and buy them, then read them. You, and your arguments of ignorance, are really annoying me. Everytime I see one of these topics it's always you and master-idiot over there saying the same thing "oh well, i've never seen him doing those things," and then I tell you to read the books. Next topic. Same thing. Really, it's annoying. Read the books, or don't make these topics.

Pwn3d I would just like to note that I mentioned nothing in the first post about any reference to graphic novels or books, this is based off of the games. Now who looks dumb, I personally feel reading the books would be almost as bad as reading the superman comics, they tell you that the character is practically invincible, I personally find that very unoriginal and a horrible concept. I would much rather read the book of a man who has flaws and is not the perfect soldier, and yet manages to get his was out of the same type of situations. Anyway, stop basing your facts off of books non one reads and find reasonable facts from the games.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
i vote for Fenix cause he isnt getting as much love as Master Cheif. As i think i may have a chief vendetta who knows.:p

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Pwn3d, think before you speak.
Two things I want you to be knowing.

-MC is not real so he cant play halo, like you said. Also, even if he could then there would be no difference at all.

-Since I know what you are talking about, no, if MC was really fighting then it would not be much different. What you can do in the game is wht master cheif can do, not the bullshit they made up as they went along in the books. Yes I know they are cannon and I indeed understand that they are part of halo but I am comparing the game characters, their games, and the extent of their ability in cutscenes. Also since Marcus has no graphic novel full of nonsence and such.

Also if he is getting shot at with a sniper he could not truly take cover and prevent headshots because the snipers are much bettter in GoW and they dont leave a smoke trail leadin to the shooter reavealing their position.

In conclusion: I think that no matter what weapon he uses, Marcus could murder MC.

P.S.------Pwn3d, if you want to be a man and insult me when my back is not turned then thats okay too.
YAY YOU DID SOMETHING SMART. OMFG EVERYONE HE'S GOTTEN A LITTLE SMARTER. Here have a cookie. You've been upgraded my good friend, now your not the 'other idiot' now you are the 'other bias guy.' And yes, that's a huge upgrade.
Pwn3d I would just like to note that I mentioned nothing in the first post about any reference to graphic novels or books, this is based off of the games. Now who looks dumb, I personally feel reading the books would be almost as bad as reading the superman comics, they tell you that the character is practically invincible, I personally find that very unoriginal and a horrible concept. I would much rather read the book of a man who has flaws and is not the perfect soldier, and yet manages to get his was out of the same type of situations. Anyway, stop basing your facts off of books non one reads and find reasonable facts from the games.
Let me quote you:
This is as you all can assume a battle between two of the most glorified characters from xbox 360's two most prominent games. Gears of War and Halo, well then lets get started.
You didn't say 'the books don't count.' Ergo, i can use them. Ergo, chief wooped his ass.

pwninator

You didn't say 'the books don't count.' Ergo, i can use them. Ergo, chief wooped his ass

Haha pwned what a sad excuse to try and win a debate, I may not have said you can't use the books but I also never said you could. Pwn3d if that is where you get all of your imformation, well it looks like MC just doesn't cut it. This is based off of the games and Mracus is a better soldier and fights the same things as MC and is not a genetically enhanced super human, what have you to say of that?

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Genetically enhanced superhuman > normal soldier. Chief is a superhuman whereas Marcus is a normal human. Seriously, think about this logically. Chief has an array of impressive weapons in his arsenal, most notably the Spartan Laser & Assault Rifle.

Yes they do.

Last edited:

Joy

Bronze Member
HAHA pwn3d you make me laugh. Super human? have you ever seen fenix? he's by far bigger than MC. Anyway, the reason I rarely side with MC is because mainly I feel he is overated, don't get me wrong I love the games, I just don't think he could beat Marcus. At no point in the halo does it show me that MC can compete on Fenix's level of battle, first off MC doesn't cover(he just jumps like an idiot), and also Marcus has the melee advantage against MC (Lancer). I just don't think MC could last.

He has a recharging energy shield, that thing could withstand a lot. And MC can only jump around because the way the game was created. Think of it logically, an enhanced super soldier with extreme military backing, and a suit that enhances his reflexes, actions, and thinking, along with an AI that does the same thing, a recharging energy shield, and the spartan laser, versus a regular built human with extreme military backing and the hammer of dawn.

MC wins.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Why would this be for both the book and game when the Gears of War character is only based in game. So you go by one and not the other so book is completely thrown out.
Now since i do have a chief vandette Marcus would whoop MC ass. MC would get his ass handed to him so bad he would have wished the Halo series wasnt made :p

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
^that is the semi right answer. If you want to say a source,one in which is vital to character, is in valid you can only do it out of absence of another equal source.

He has a recharging energy shield, that thing could withstand a lot. And MC can only jump around because the way the game was created. Think of it logically, an enhanced super soldier with extreme military backing, and a suit that enhances his reflexes, actions, and thinking, along with an AI that does the same thing, a recharging energy shield, and the spartan laser, versus a regular built human with extreme military backing and the hammer of dawn.
Exactly.

❖Ħλν?₡❖

Call me Candyman
Pwn3d, how about you shut the hell up and debate like an adult not a prepuesint child.

He has a recharging energy shield, that thing could withstand a lot

Ohh is that why you can get taken down by a normal human pistol.

Honestly if that is the only thing you can say in his defence then this will cease to be a fight.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
^this is coming from a kid who doesn't know the facts before he talks. Please, if you are going to insult me, do it with some facts behind you. It's not good to be condescending to someone who knows more than you.
Ohh is that why you can get taken down by a normal human pistol.
Which one? The super pistol from halo one that could kill elites in two shots, or the crap pistol from halo 2 which takes a 3 clips to down the shield.
Honestly if that is the only thing you can say in his defence then this will cease to be a fight.
What line of defense does fenix have? The little armor that leaves his head completely open, the walls, which MC can also hide behind? The thing is that MC has a better defense. Seriously, everything that fenix has, MC has, and MC has a better version of.

pwninator

^this is coming from a kid who doesn't know the facts before he talks. Please, if you are going to insult me, do it with some facts behind you. It's not good to be condescending to someone who knows more than you.

Tell you the truth pwn3d your being pretty condescending yourself, I have seen little to no facts (based off the game) that you have supported your opinion with.

What line of defense does fenix have? The little armor that leaves his head completely open, the walls, which MC can also hide behind? The thing is that MC has a better defense. Seriously, everything that fenix has, MC has, and MC has a better version of.

First off MC's cover is can hardly even be called that, if you stand at a wrong angle in front of a wall you die. In comparison Marcus has MC on cover you have to admit, besides that MC cannot make himself anymroe obvious with his armor (almost neon colors) come on. At least you cant see Marcus coming froma mile away. Cover can play a big role in this fight, while MC is struggling to stay out of site, Marcus can take cover and either fire the; hammer of dawn, sniper rifle, or torque bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back