• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Manga/Manhwa that may not be known!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin

I love manga! More so then anime these days! I also know there are manga and manhwa that are not well known or popular, either for being new or just not getting a big enough fanbase. Thus! I wish to post up some of my favorites in hopes of pulling in more fans! :'D I won't link the sites, but I will give the names! All you have to do is go to sites like Mangahere or Mangafox and such to read them <3 Please feel free to post your own favorites as well! :'D <3

Number One. Nanatsu no Taizai, which literally translates as "Seven Deadly Sins". If you enjoy manga with badass main characters, interesting twists, and a little bit of ecchi, I'm sure you'll love this! It's a pretty standard Shounen manga but I adore it! It's still fairly new and hasn't even reached fifty chapters yet. But it keeps on pulling me in deeper! I find myself unable to wait for it to update each week!

Number Two. Clay Lord It's just started with one chapter and I fear it won't update again! But I'm holding onto the hope it will! The first chapter is interesting and I can't wait to read more! *u*

Number Three. 1/2 Prince It's a not very popular manga based off of a novel and it updates every few months. It's also near the end of the series! But it's a cute and quirky manga with the plot being centered around an MMO *u* Those are rare (even with things like Dot Hack and SOA) so I totally adore this! Give it a shot! But just be prepared to be patient! x-x

That's my favorites right now *u* I might add more as time goes on, who knows~ :3

Now post your own favorites folks! <3

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
everybody go read jojo's bizarre adventure

Nah, really, Sun-Ken Rock is a really good manga that seems to not be very well recognized. I haven't read it in awhile, but the art is absolutely mind blowing.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Umm, well, most anything by Takahashi Tsutomu is good. My favorites of his would be Skyhigh, Sidooh, and Hito Hitori Futari. Skyhigh is an anthology-type series, so that one's relatively easier to read. Meanwhile, Sidooh is finished in Japan, but only about half scanlated; and Hito Hitori Futari is still ongoing. One of his earlier series to take a look at is Jiraishin, though it's very clear by the art and the tightness of the writing that it's an earlier work. Takahashi deals with a lot of heavy themes and makes great use of scenarios to draw out the best of his characters. He's not afraid to shy away from certain topics either, and shows a lot of balance in his concepts, especially in his more recent works. For example, the original Skyhigh is almost suffocatingly dark. It's still a great entry to the series, but the nature of his devices is more balanced when you get to, say, Skyhigh Shinshou. Also, it doesn't hurt that his art is fantastic.

For something released in America, there's a great episodic manga called Yumekui Kenbun about a creature who unravels a persons dreams in exchange for the right to eat them. It's shounen, so the themes are much lighter than something like Skyhigh, but the fantasy elements and the flexibility of the fact that they are dreams leads to some really interesting scenarios. Even if the artwork can leave a bit to be desired.

I'm really bad at determining what is or is not "unknown" or "obscure" though. I spend so much time in this stuff (though more anime than manga) that I'm kind of out of touch with what a casual fan would know about.

Gram

Banned
Awards
One of my fave, doesn't seem so popular, manga was Psyren. It's a shonen as well and it's a bit of a mix of scifi, mystery and action.
It's a decent read I think should anyone be interested.

There's also a new manga called Area D. It gives off a Deadman Wonderland vibe but it's been okay so far.

Another one would be Dogs: Bullets & Carnage. I think I've ever seen it mentioned much outside the one person who told me of it.
It's about a dystopic European city where crime and mutation is common place. The story focuses on four antihero protagonists who each search for a way "below", looking for answers to their individual pasts.
Haven't caught up with this one in a while.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Iris Zero is one really good example. Do yourselves a favor and check out the first chapter at least. Then there's Onani Master Kurosawa, it's definitely what the title implies in the first few chapters, but became the one of the most memorable coming-of-age stories I've read in a while. Yumekui Merry is a really good read too, though it seems to have good enough attention in Japan anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back