• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Magic-types

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
KH1 hands down, Cure didn't take all of your damp MP and Aeroga, Graviga, and everything else were extremely useful and a big part of my experience playing KH1. With KH2 I never used magic because of how useful it was. Only for occasional summons and for drive forms I guess.

ispoiledmyself

I prefer the KH2 magic system. I liked reflect and magnet alot, In KH1 i agree that gravity and stop were useless and only aero was the only useful. The only times i needed to use stop and gravity was when you fight like white mushrooms, or when youre trying to get an item or open a chest. I also think KH2's MP waitdown was waaay better than KH1's.

Rarara

I think 358/2 Days' magic was the best IMO, though maybe that's because Fire is the one that gets the most love

Kiwi +

Awards
In KH1, Gravity, Aero, and Stop were my buddies at the end. <3 In KH2, I hardly even bothered with magic... I just spammed X and Triangle as well as the occasional cure.

Those were pretty much the ones I used at the climax of KH1 as well. They came in super handy. I never really found a big instant where I would use magic in KH2. Seemed like I just hit the buttons that I had to use and well that was it.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I found the KH1 moveset a lot more useful as a whole, to be honest. I loved using Aero, and Gravity was a fairly common spell in my play, but top was only really for the Phantom. I absolutely love abusing Reflect on KH2, regardless of if it's successful or not. I just love seeing it~ Magnet had no use to me whatsoever, aside from that one Olympus mission with breaking numerous pots. A combination of both movesets would've been much more preferred. At least Thunder was incredible in KH2. Final Form+Thundaga x5 = win all over.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
As we all know, the magic changed from kh1 to kh2. in kh1, the extra magic we had was gravity, areo (sp?), and stop.

in kh2, we had reflect and magnet instead.

personally, i like the kh2 set the best. gravity was useless to me and so was stop. areo (sp?) was the only one that was useful, but it only cut the damage in half.

reflect is very, very, awesome. i love it's effect and it's animation and everything. magnet is also pretty cool, though i do use it less often.

my question is, which do you prefer?

KH1 spell set. i love the traditional fire magic, wide thunder and blizzard range, aero and all those. and i occasionally use gravity and stop just for fun. in KHII though, the only magic i remember using were cure and thunder. the others, were just for the sake of the animations and stuff. i didn't even know what's the use of reflect and magnet at that time.

Prajna

.....that works? O_O *never tried it* I gotta give that a shot now. xD

You didn't know that? It's a pretty nifty trick unless you want to spend a half hour in a fight. When you see 2 of the hyenas close by just out of blades reach, cast magnet and they're instantly pulled in for a good 2-3 combo attacks.

Prajna

I prefer KH1's magic system more because in KH2 if you use cure it'll use up all your MP.

Well, if you use Berserk the time it takes for it to recharge is halved and besides I would just stack myself and party members with hi-potions and elixirs. But, it was sort of annoying especially if you really needed it at the time.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Gravity wasn't always useless. Try using gravity on a behemoth and it takes away a TON of health.

tomasmccann

Awards
Actually i found stop really useful. Especially in the colosseum battles.

Stop->Thundaga thundaga thundaga-> EPIC win

But i generally prefer KH2's magic. It could blend into combos and i used magic as if it were ordinary attacks

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
I haven't played KH2 in awhile so I don't remember much about the magic. But I rememer switching my favorite spells.
I loved Fire in Kh1. It was like the strongest spell, IMO.
But in Kh2... blech. I found fire useless. Never used it. Instead, my spamming spell became blizzard which I used in hate in KH1. I'd finish a combo with shooting Blizzard three times. Not to mention, the enemies you hit freeze(in Port Royal, at least). I also used to think Gravity was the most useless spell there was. Until my brother taught me how to use it. I guess I'm more for the "destructive" spells(shooting. Like Kh1's Fire and Kh2's Blizzard).
I don't really like the magic of Days. I don't understand how Blizzard and Firaga work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back