• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Love is a Funny Thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
The long awaited chapter. I hope you guys like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 22 – A Surprise Visit

‘Walk Faster!’

I was rushing my way through the seemingly endless corridors of Disney Castle. Each door I passed was exactly the same as the last, making this lovely stroll seem even longer. All I wanted was to get back to the baby room and read that note, but these stupid hallways just wouldn’t let me get there quick enough.

I didn’t exactly feel like running, given my current state, but I tried counting my steps. That always made walking seem faster, right?

‘One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six…’

“Kairi!” a high pitched voice called out to me from behind.

Perfect.

I forced myself to turn around and face my caller, my face cringing into a smile. I watched as the honorable Queen Minnie slowly made her way towards me, her precise strides causing my heart to beat wildly in my chest. Couldn’t she walk faster?

After what seemed like an eternity, she finally came into talking distance and stopped before me. “I’m so glad I finally caught up to you!” she happily exclaimed. “I was wondering if we could sit and chat. There are some things I’d like to discuss with you.”

As much as I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, I silently took a deep breath and made my smile seem more affable. “Of course, Your Majesty,” I agreed, hesitantly following her down another corridor.

The Queen led me through countless hallways before we reached our designated room. She threw open the doors, revealing the enormous interior of a circular room. Inside contained a rather long, white table with tall matching chairs. There were two places set with plates, cups, and napkins. I figured that she wanted to have a talk with me over tea and cookies. At least it seemed that way…

Sitting myself across from her, the Queen and I began the most dreadful two hours of my fifteen year old life. Don’t get me wrong – the Queen has a very kind and gentle soul. But I was fighting back the urge to jump out of my seat and sprint off towards the baby room. I needed to read that letter!

To make matters even worse, all she really wanted to talk about was my pregnancy. In a way, I suppose it could have been a useful talk, considering I had no one to give me real advice. But I was so distracted that all I could do was smile and nod like I actually cared.

“Kairi?” I heard the Queen say, her voice echoing off the gigantic walls of the room.

“Hmm?” I quickly replied, looking up at Queen Minnie in confusion.

“I asked if you were alright. You look a little pale, darling,” she stated, placing her gloved hand over my bony fingers.

“Oh. Actually, I’m not feeling too well. If you don’t mind, Your Majesty, I think I should get some rest. It was a long journey from Destiny Islands and I’m a little tired,” I mentioned, painfully standing up in my chair.

“Oh! Of course, dear! You head back to your room and rest. We can talk more when you’re feeling better,” she suggested cheerfully.

I nodded and smiled once more, this time actually meaning it. I really would love to talk with her about my problem, especially since I had no one to truly confide it. But I just needed to read that letter. It was almost as if it was calling me, summoning me to read all its mystifying contents.

I said goodbye to the Queen and slowly exited the room. But as soon as I closed the door behind me, I shot off towards the direction of the baby room, almost running over several brooms that were sweeping the floor. I was surprised at the speed I was going. I never knew I could run this fast. Before I knew it I was making a sharp turn down one last hallway and began to push myself up the flight of stairs that lead to my room.

I finally reached the doorknob and swung open the door, slamming it shut behind me. Making sure it was securely locked, I stumbled towards the dresser and yanked open a draw. I began to raid through all the clothes, almost forgetting which tiny pink shirt I hid the letter under.

And there it was. The clean, white edge of the envelope stuck out between two crunched up diapers. I smiled almost maniacally, the anticipation coursing through my body and making my pulse race. I began to reach into the draw but a warm breeze ran over the back of my neck, causing me to abruptly freeze in place.

“Hi Kairi…”

The sudden voice instantly made me jump high into the air as I spun around, a loud screech escaping my mouth. But I felt my heart beat slow down once I realized exactly who it was.

“Ri…Riku?!” I gasped, my voice stuttering aimlessly. At first, I wasn’t sure what to say to him. He just stood there with no presence of emotion whatsoever. I wanted him to say something first, considering he was the one who decided to leave without any warning. But since he remained silent, I narrowed my anger filled eyes and spoke loud and clear. “What are you doing? And how did you get in here?”

He unexpectedly smiled at me and took a small step in my direction. “I’m sorry, Kairi. I didn’t mean to upset you.”

I now crossed my arms at him and raised my hate filled voice. I just couldn’t hold in the anger and frustration any longer. “Oh! So I guess it was alright to bail on me after I nearly get killed in that stupid fight you and Sora HAD to have!”

“Please, just give me two minutes to explain,” Riku pleaded, taking a few more steps towards me. I immediately backed away, but managed to bump into the dresser behind me.

“Why should I?” I questioned a little more calmly. “You’re only gonna lie and…”

“I left so I could help you!” he shouted, his concerned voice interrupting my accusations.

I stared at him with glazed eyes, now more confused than ever. “How could leaving help me in any way?!”

“I did it to find a cure, a remedy, anything! Ever since you told me you were pregnant and weren’t giving up the baby, I’ve been thinking of a way to stop you from possibly dieing. And when I finally figured it out, I knew I needed to leave,” he explained desperately. Taking a few more steps towards me, he laid both hands on my shoulders and spoke quietly. “I did it for you….”

We both stood speechless for a few moments, our eyes deeply fixed on each other. By the look on his face, I was pretty sure that he was telling the truth. But for some reason, it still didn’t make sense.

“I know I should have told you,” he stated, breaking the awkward silence between us. “But you weren’t exactly speaking to me at the time.”

“Well did you find anything?” I rudely inquired, not ready to accept any apologies just yet.

“Well that depends. Why don’t you show me that thing you were frantically searching for in this draw,” he requested, gently moving me aside from the dresser. “Maybe it will have something to do with what I found out.”

I gazed unsurely at the draw before opening it slowly. I didn’t really want to show Riku the letter, but I did want to know any information he might have. Reaching slowly into the draw, I yanked out the letter and held it right in front of his face. “It’s a letter I received just today. But I don’t know who it’s from or what it says. I haven’t opened it yet.”

Riku examined the envelope with such care that he seemed to be hypnotized by it. After a while of studying it, his face began to grow pale and his eyes became hazy. “Where did you get this?”

“It was lying in this room earlier in the day. I was going to read it but I kept getting interrupted and…Hey! What are you doing?!” Mid sentence, Riku pulled the envelope right out of my hand and began to tear it open. Without a word, he unfolded the small piece of paper inside and started to read my letter.

“Wait! Let me read it!” I shouted enthusiastically, running to his side so I could catch a glimpse. But before I could even see a single word, the paper slipped from his hand and fluttered softly to the floor. I gazed up at his face and felt my body tingle with fear. He looked so shocked, so appalled that I just couldn’t figure out what was going on. “What is it?! What’s wrong?”

“Kairi,” Riku whispered, his eyes glaring straight ahead. “I’m sorry but I have to leave again. This letter just helped me realize something.”

“But, Riku…”

“Promise me you’ll stay here, no matter what. Promise me you’ll be safe and take care of yourself. As long as you’re here, no one can hurt you. As long as this castle is protected, you will be okay.”

I couldn’t understand where he was coming from, but I took a few moments to read the fearful expression on Riku’s face. Nodding slowly, I knelt down to pick up the letter and set it on the dresser. “Ok. I promise,” I said, looking him straight in the eye. “But you have to promise me you will be safe out there. I don’t know what’s going on, but I can tell it isn’t good. I don’t want anything bad to happen to you.”

Riku snapped out of his trance and stared down at me. With a smile, he gently placed his gloved hand on my protruding stomach. “I promise. I will make sure nothing bad happens – for you and for her.”

Backing away slowly, Riku held up his hand as a swirling dark portal formed behind him. He gave me one last comforting smile and continued to back away until he walked right through the black abyss, disappearing into darkness. Then, the portal began to close until it was completely gone, leaving no trace behind.

“And protect Sora. Please,” I whispered softly into the air before turning around to finally read my letter.

Gamergirl

Silver Member
awww i hate cliffhangers!!!!! i wanna know what the letter says . . .but i was kinda surprised that riku came back . . . .a**hole lol

Guardian_Shiro

Website
www.animingle.com
This is what I'm talking about. Great Chapter! You were so right about finishing up this fanfic. I know alot of people really like it. You can always write another one if you want. You have a brilliant imagination. As long as you have that the possiblities are endless. Serenity you are one of my favorite writers. Have you ever concidered writing one of your own stories, or have you done that already? I'm a great fan of your writing and I hope to see more of your skills as a writer. You rock! ^-^

Keyblade_King

maybe that person in black should be Axel seeing is how in the world to between he was in the Nobodies world that should be him if my theroy is correct does anyone remember KH:COM Axel would have been destroyed but in the castle he only disappeared for a while until Kh2 came out in the U.S. so he should be in KH3 right?

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Thanks everyone! I <3 you all!

Guardian Shiro, I did write a somewhat original fic once, but it didn't go off too well lol. It was KH related but with some original characters of my own. But it was the first fic I ever wrote, so it probably wasn't that good. But thanks so much for your compliments! You made my day! ^_^

And because you're all so awesome, I just might have the next chapter up tonight. But cross your fingers, cause with my luck, something will probably come up and I won't be able to finish! >_<

Yeah, you are amazing. I can only think of a couple of stories this good. And considering how much I read, that makes you one of the best ever writers.

Honestly, Nomura could learn a few things from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back