• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Loss of memory?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeckII

In BBS Donald and Goofy where in front of Yen Sid's Tower with Ven, but in KHII they didn't recognise it at all. I doubt this is a Nomura's fail, so what is it then? Do they had a memory loss after BBS events?

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Here's the thing: KH2 was written before BBS, before Ven ever even existed. Nomura said it himself he wasn't sure whether to make Ven look like Roxas or Sora. Square Enix just makes it up as they go, which creates a lot of plot holes, like what you have mentioned.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
another reason i read was that they didnt recognize the new constructionn of the building, because BbS did not have the complex stairwell system it did in KH2

Able_Beard

Banned
Here's the thing: KH2 was written before BBS, before Ven ever even existed. Nomura said it himself he wasn't sure whether to make Ven look like Roxas or Sora. Square Enix just makes it up as they go, which creates a lot of plot holes, like what you have mentioned.
I'm not saying your wrong but I would like to know when he said that, cause a lot of the conversation's in KH2 hinted towards BBS events, like a lot.

As for the question, did they really seem surprised? As I recall they were like "Oh yeah Yen Sid he trained King Mickey and stuff!" (I paraphrase of course). Then they go in.
[video=youtube;hgYv7v42sXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgYv7v42sXI[/video]
Yeah see how Goofy and Donald just keep walking casually? And how Sora's the only one who's surprised.
But DOnald being surprised that Yen Sid lived there does kinda add to the whole "Nomura's just making it up now" thing...I dunno maybe it was a fusion of thing's with Nomura kinda knowing the basics but still small parts haven't come together..cause them being surprised is really small in the big picture.

Last edited:

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm not saying your wrong but I would like to know when he said that, cause a lot of the conversation's in KH2 hinted towards BBS events, like a lot.

As for the question, did they really seem surprised? As I recall they were like "Oh yeah Yen Sid he trained King Mickey and stuff!" (I paraphrase of course). Then they go in.
[video=youtube;hgYv7v42sXI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgYv7v42sXI[/video]
Yeah see how Goofy and Donald just keep walking casually? And how Sora's the only one who's surprised.
But DOnald being surprised that Yen Sid lived there does kinda add to the whole "Nomura's just making it up now" thing...I dunno maybe it was a fusion of thing's with Nomura kinda knowing the basics but still small parts haven't come together..cause them being surprised is really small in the big picture.

Maybe something happened between BbS and KH2 where Yen Sid either relocated or the castle was destroyed and recovered by KH2, or maybe Donald and Goofy lost their memories about it

KeckII

It would make sense for a powerfull mage that has a importante role in history (you get what I mean...) to relocate it's living place from time to time...

Love Machine

strut strut strut
It would make sense for a powerfull mage that has a importante role in history (you get what I mean...) to relocate it's living place from time to time...

I still think that Donald and Goofy would recognize the tower. Maybe Nomura will notice this and use the power of retcon to make it work.

another reason i read was that they didnt recognize the new constructionn of the building, because BbS did not have the complex stairwell system it did in KH2

They left out the stairwell in BBS because it would be pointless. No heartless yet, no more Unversed. No enemies, it would just be a waste of space.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The thing with the tower was once explained by Nomura (although a bit hazily) in an interview, but BBS (and Ven) were already there when KH2 was made...Nomura had already thought of BBS by then and also made up the three keyblade knights...he only wasn't sure of their appearance yet.

And seriously, this isn't such an important event that we need to nitpick about it...making errors is natural.

KeckII

I know making errors is only natural, but I pointed that because I thought it could be a possible Donald and Goofy memory loss...
And it would add up to the story. But maybe I'm just overthinking.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Of course that can be used as an explanation as well...as we are free to interpret.
Also, this was a 10 year-time gap so there is a slight chance they might have forgotten it just naturally.

Such in-universe-explanation sits in any case better with me than some "plot-hole"-barking just because there is something that doesn't add up 100%.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Of course that can be used as an explanation as well...as we are free to interpret.
Also, this was a 10 year-time gap so there is a slight chance they might have forgotten it just naturally.

Such in-universe-explanation sits in any case better with me than some "plot-hole"-barking just because there is something that doesn't add up 100%.

yeah I think a big factor in most of us not understanding some things is that there is a 10 year time difference, and although it may not seem like much 10 years is a long time

Radar

Bronze Member
Eh, a minor plot hole. There is bigger ones I am pretty sure. cough-xemnas/keyblade-coughcough.

Unrequited Lust

Nomura's official reason was because the tower was rebuilt to be much taller (hence the staircase) after Birth by Sleep to what we saw in Kingdom Hearts II. It's in the interview archive somewhere. I think it was a question.

Which is kind of a dumb reason. Everything looked exactly the same except the tower was a bit shorter. But who knows. They were there for a short period 11 years prior (remember the 1 year gap between KH1 and KH2?). So when they showed up, maybe they were initially suspicious that this place looked similar to Yen Sid's previous tower, but then quickly thought, "No, this tower is much taller. And didn't I take a train to get here?" Hence the surprise afterward.

Actually that makes sense to me.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Nomura just shouldn't have included Donald and Goofy in BBS.

But that's an extremely tiny plot hole, and BBS was a good game, so I'd let it go.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Nomura says they didn't recognize it because of it was constructed differently between BBS and KH2. That I can live with. What I don't understand is why Goofy didn't think Roxas was Ventus when he looked at the picture of Roxas with Hayner, Pence, and Ollete. Goofy is usually the smart one out of the trio. I figured he would recognize that Roxas looks just like Ven.

Atleast with Mickey he never actually saw Roxas.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Goofy would most likely just not remember how Ven looks like as he did meet Ventus only once for a few minutes at Yen Sid's tower 11 years ago.
At the time of KH 2 when they got that photo it were already 11 years in the Realm of Light.
Xemnas and Xigbar however seemed to pretty much get the whole picture...and both also had no difficulties telling Roxas and Ven apart, lol.

A real big impact I could imagine however is if Aqua would meet Roxas somehow...then thinking totally happy that Ventus has recovered only to be rebuked by Roxas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back