• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► Lord of the Rings trilogy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is it...

• Pure awsome

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Too awsome for any words, ever.

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
The books sucked. Try again.

Never read the Silmarillion, but I must say that The Hobbit was better than the LotR books.

But, it's been so long that I've read them, I can't even remember. Plus, I don't think that I really understood the LotR books while I read them.

I understood The Hobbit fine, though. And I've been procrastinating reading The Silmarillion.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Well, im trying to read the Hobbit, and its okay, but id much rather be reading Artemis Fowl

Trag

Bronze Member
The Hobbit is much more interesting to read, because Tolkien uses WALLS of text. That doesn't justify some of you saying it sucks. It's an extremely intricate and well thought out book.

G

GATTAI

Tolkien's writing isn't something anyone would like. It's somewhat of an acquired taste, much like many foods or hobbies. I personally can't read his books due to his lengthy descriptions. He is creative to say the least, but his writing doesn't float my boat.

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
Although he can be discursive sometimes, Tolkien's got an awesome storyline and world; one that I haven't seen anyone match.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
At any rate, Tokien's devotion to his worlds was pretty intimidating.

He has an absolutely mind blowing amount of languages, histories, and geographies that all make sense in relation to one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back