• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lord of the Rings prequel: Born of Hope ...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oriax

Just found it whilst browsing the internet ...

Link:
Low-budget Lord of The Rings prequel becomes internet sensation - watch the trailer - mirror.co.uk

I know it's apparently out already but what do you guys think - worth seeing it or not?

Personally I think it looks okai but some of the stuff I saw in the trailer looks a bit iffy to me ... But that's just my opinion.

<I did look, by the way, to see if there was any threads concerning a prequel to lotr, the only one I found was for The Hobbit (which I hope comes out soon ^_^) so I made a new one for this prequel ...>

Blackcat

I never really cared for Lord of the Rings but hopefully this will be good...ill find out from my friend sooner or later.shes suddenly crazy bout this series for some reason haha

Oriax

I never really cared for Lord of the Rings but hopefully this will be good...ill find out from my friend sooner or later.shes suddenly crazy bout this series for some reason haha
lol yeah, hopefully it will be good but I'm not sure it will be lol
there's already a LOTR prequel... it's called 'The Hobbit'
Yeah, that one was directed by Peter Jackson (I think) and this one was done by a fan - I can't remember her name - something Maddison.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I haven't been that into the LOTR series recently but I might check it out when I get the chance

If you haven't watched the films, you need to hit yourself in the face with a quaffle. People say they're "overrated" but, yeah, they're kind of not considering their quality. The books are a little hard to get into, but once you get over the first few hurdles, you get into the books and they're hard to put down. I suggest reading The Hobbit first.

Esso

Fire Breaker
If you haven't watched the films, you need to hit yourself in the face with a quaffle. People say they're "overrated" but, yeah, they're kind of not considering their quality. The books are a little hard to get into, but once you get over the first few hurdles, you get into the books and they're hard to put down. I suggest reading The Hobbit first.

Well I've seen one of the movies and it was pretty good but I never read any of the books
And thanks 4 the recommendation too I'll check it out some time :D

Oriax

Well I've seen one of the movies and it was pretty good but I never read any of the books
And thanks 4 the recommendation too I'll check it out some time :D
It was the first movie you saw though, right?

But yeah, for a trilogy they are pretty amazing -> Gonna try and read the books again later ... I gave up last time but I wanna try again ^_^

Esso

Fire Breaker
It was the first movie you saw though, right?

But yeah, for a trilogy they are pretty amazing -> Gonna try and read the books again later ... I gave up last time but I wanna try again ^_^

I think so but I saw it when I was like 11 or something but I don't remember much about the plot
I might have to watch it again

Oriax

I think so but I saw it when I was like 11 or something but I don't remember much about the plot
I might have to watch it again
Ah, fair enough. You should definately watch it again then, and the others. They are so worth it ^_^

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Tolkien's been dead since 1973, The Lord of the Rings itself is over.

However, every so often new work of his will be released by his son, although that's a lot denser and only distantly related to The Lord of the Rings.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I`ve read and own all the books, but I`ve actually never watched the movies even though I`ve been trying to for a long time. I`ve seen little parts from them, and from what I saw they look awesome. I might just go see this movie.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Seems pretty good-quality for a low-budget film, but I can't think of a canon Lord of the Rings story that this comes from.

Oriax

∞;4962543 said:
Seems pretty good-quality for a low-budget film, but I can't think of a canon Lord of the Rings story that this comes from.
It possibly doesn't come from one - ideas could've been taken from a number of movies/books etc ...

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
lol yeah, hopefully it will be good but I'm not sure it will be lol

Yeah, that one was directed by Peter Jackson (I think) and this one was done by a fan - I can't remember her name - something Maddison.
No it wasn't.

Peter Jackson got into some sort of fight with New Line Cinemia, he's still working on the movie, but he's not directing it.

And it's due for release in 2010, so it means it hasn't been released yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back