• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Looking to start selling games on Ebay, Feedback appreciated

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
** First off, I am not advertising, or trying to sell to any of you. I'm looking for advice on how I should sell these items on Ebay **

I have lots of old DS, GCN, and Wii games that I want to sell online to make some money. I've got about 19 (for sure, possibly a few more) DS games that I want to sell, around 6 Wii games to sell, and about 3-4 GCN games to sell. I also have some PS2 and PSP games I could sell, if those would make any good money.

In addition, I would like to sell my black DSi, which has 3 downloaded games that I paid for. Is it worth selling all these games online? I'd like to make some money, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle. I'm also curious how much money you all think I would make.

I'd like to sell the DS games bundled together, the Wii games together, etc. Is this the right way to go?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

State

Awards
Personally, I’ve had a nice experience as an eBay consumer, but not as a seller. All I can tell you is that you should be VERY patient, seeing as how it may take you days, weeks, or even a month or two to sell something. Also, you’ve piqued my curiosity since I love GCN games, but am not very passionate about purchasing video-games online. d^_^

Norpthalomus

Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
Personally, I’ve had a nice experience as an eBay consumer, but not as a seller. All I can tell you is that you should be VERY patient, seeing as how it may take you days, weeks, or even a month or two to sell something. Also, you’ve piqued my curiosity since I love GCN games, but am not very passionate about purchasing video-games online. d^_^

Ok I'll keep that all in mind, thank you! :)

thats actually advertising no offense bro just stating the obvious

How should I have asked? If I was incredibly vague, I wouldn't have gotten any useful responses.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i've sold on ebay and if you can get someone to buy you'll get the money you want however dont make it to high also if could set there for a very long time and ebay actually charges you to sell things there every month its up PLUS they get a bit of the profit on top of that you have to start an account at a site called paypal so you can sell things there then get your bank account on said paypal site.

and then theres the whole hassle of actually shipping the product, you have to list how its shipped and an estimated arrival time tho if you got a UPS place near you that wont be hard and you can charge people for the shipping fee tho i always just added the price to my product and put it under "Free Shipping" so like if i wanted 50$ i added like 8 more to the 50 i wanted to cover shipping but listed it as free shipping.

so getting started can be a hassle but you can make a killing there if your stuff sells fast.
tho if yer serious this may help:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

i quit doing it myself due to the monthly charges for selling and how long it took so anything else i new is foggy.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I've sold a few games here and there, and as the others have said, it takes quite a bit of patience. The main thing I did prior to selling them was researching the same item and seeing where the prices generally lay for them. From that I could at least derive what I found to be a fair price for them. Secondly, when submitting the item to sell, I'd recommend putting in a set price, but using the "Buy Now or Best Offer" option. Sometimes you'll get ridiculously stupid offers (i.e. I had one once for $2 when the game was listed for $15), but it at least gives consumers more appeal to have a look. Finally, work out your posting prices beforehand. Depending on how much you're selling for the game/plan to profit, you can obviously alter this anyway, but there have been times where I've sold a game and subsequently one post office differed from another in terms of allowing size limits etc., and I've come out with literally only a dollar's profit.

Norpthalomus

Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
i've sold on ebay and if you can get someone to buy you'll get the money you want however dont make it to high also if could set there for a very long time and ebay actually charges you to sell things there every month its up PLUS they get a bit of the profit on top of that you have to start an account at a site called paypal so you can sell things there then get your bank account on said paypal site.

and then theres the whole hassle of actually shipping the product, you have to list how its shipped and an estimated arrival time tho if you got a UPS place near you that wont be hard and you can charge people for the shipping fee tho i always just added the price to my product and put it under "Free Shipping" so like if i wanted 50$ i added like 8 more to the 50 i wanted to cover shipping but listed it as free shipping.

so getting started can be a hassle but you can make a killing there if your stuff sells fast.
tho if yer serious this may help:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

i quit doing it myself due to the monthly charges for selling and how long it took so anything else i new is foggy.

I've sold a few games here and there, and as the others have said, it takes quite a bit of patience. The main thing I did prior to selling them was researching the same item and seeing where the prices generally lay for them. From that I could at least derive what I found to be a fair price for them. Secondly, when submitting the item to sell, I'd recommend putting in a set price, but using the "Buy Now or Best Offer" option. Sometimes you'll get ridiculously stupid offers (i.e. I had one once for $2 when the game was listed for $15), but it at least gives consumers more appeal to have a look. Finally, work out your posting prices beforehand. Depending on how much you're selling for the game/plan to profit, you can obviously alter this anyway, but there have been times where I've sold a game and subsequently one post office differed from another in terms of allowing size limits etc., and I've come out with literally only a dollar's profit.

Ok thanks both of you, I'll keep that all in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back