• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lollipop Chainsaw - "Girls in Kenya have big butts."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Is this game really worth it? been thinking about picking it up. Just heard the game was like 5 hours long, thats why I decided not to get it right away. Hoping for a price drop.

I'll answer this question with another question. Do you like Suda 51 games?

It isn't worth $60 though, I don't think, so I'm waiting for a price drop too.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I'll answer this question with another question. Do you like Suda 51 games?

It isn't worth $60 though, I don't think, so I'm waiting for a price drop too.
I loved Shadows of The Damned, so yeah I guess I do like Suda 51, One of my friends got it, and was upset with how short it was, but he did say it was a good game. Said it wasn't worth to pay 60 bucks for it though.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
why don't you just trade in your 3ds or something for it

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Then I can't play Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, now can I? hmm re think the situation Silh, before making that smart ass remark.

God sometimes they call me childish. And for a record I was playing all of you guys for saps. I made up a lie to get attention and I can clearly see that it worked out pretty darn good. I had this all planed out, and it worked out very well. heh.
*smirks

Awards
Then I can't play Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, now can I? hmm re think the situation Silh, before making that smart ass remark.

God sometimes they call me childish. And for a record I was playing all of you guys for saps. I made up a lie to get attention and I can clearly see that it worked out pretty darn good. I had this all planed out, and it worked out very well. heh.
*smirks

*looks at red reputation bar* huh...

why don't you like... RENT it?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

*smirks

Yes, because a smart person would brag about outsmarting us "saps"

Awards

*smirks
O9YbJ.gif

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Anyways........
My friend is going out of town for a few weeks, and he said he let me burrow his copy of the game until he got back. I just don't think this game is really worth the 60 bucks, if it was maybe a bit longer, or had more boss fights, then maybe I would of considered about getting it for the full price tag.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

*smirks

I've seen this happen many times. People make a fool of themselves and then they try to take it back by pretending they were trolling the whole time. It's too late.

Back on topic: Are there region exclusive costumes or are the same ones available everywhere?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Warren Spector Doesn't Think Lollipop Chainsaw Should Have Been Made

Lollipop Chainsaw was a parody of all of the cliches, though. I think he has somewhat of a point about making games that can relate to the average person, but there is always a market for these gory games too and I think using Lollipop Chainsaw as an example doesn't drive the point home.

(also I feel like after the mess that was EM2, he shouldn't be talking about games that shouldn't be in the market and instead go make the game he wishes there were more of)

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Warren Spector Doesn't Think Lollipop Chainsaw Should Have Been Made

Lollipop Chainsaw was a parody of all of the cliches, though. I think he has somewhat of a point about making games that can relate to the average person, but there is always a market for these gory games too and I think using Lollipop Chainsaw as an example doesn't drive the point home.

(also I feel like after the mess that was EM2, he shouldn't be talking about games that shouldn't be in the market and instead go make the game he wishes there were more of)

In other words, don't bit the hand that feeds you? Or something?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
That's interesting, I forget how involved Suda 51 was with Lollipop Chainsaw, but him and Warren are two game designers that people look up to for the games they make. They're essentially very similar in that they make games that attempt to innovate and be different. It's interesting to see one mock the other.

I'm confused why Warren says he wants shorter game experiences when Lollipop Chainsaw is essentially that if I'm not mistaken. He didn't really do much research on this one. I also dislike that he's judging a game he's never played.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Wow, it's unfortunate that he used such a shitty tactic here to try to drive home his point considering he did have some very valid arguments. I agree with him that the older I get, the shorter I need a game to be. I just don't have 100+ hours to dedicate to an individual title anymore.

He also clearly hasn't played Lollipop Chainsaw either which is another reason he shouldn't be insulting it so easily. It's not as though it's a revolutionary game or something, but he's missing the point of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back