• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Little Big Planet

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Re: LittleBigPlanet 2 Detailed/Announced, WAY Bigger and Better than LBP1

HOLY LOVESAUCE here are some scans
lbp2_gi_1.jpg

lbp2_gi_2.jpg

lbp2_gi_3.jpg

lbp2_gi_4.jpg

lbp2_gi_5.jpg

lbp2_gi_6.jpg

lbp2_gi_7.jpg

lbp2_gi_8.jpg

Holy poop, that grappling hook reminds me of Samus' arm cannon.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: LittleBigPlanet 2 Detailed/Announced, WAY Bigger and Better than LBP1

lbp2_gi_7.jpg

Holy poop, that grappling hook reminds me of Samus' arm cannon.
Reminded me of the portal gun.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Re: LittleBigPlanet 2 Detailed/Announced, WAY Bigger and Better than LBP1 [SCAAANS]

Some basic analysis of the scans:
It would appear the white Sackgirl is actually a Sackbot. The Creator Sackboy has changed her size and created copies of her. This means we can control Sackbots to directly maneuver Control Seats...as the Sackbot is seen flying a giant wasp. This also means we can customize Sackbots to look like any regular Sackperson, as seen in the screen with dozens of Sackbots dancing together. Since we can edit movies/clips/camera angles and record voice/text, we can pretty much make our own cutscenes of NPCs and Sackpeople with Sackbots. The grappling looks like it will totally change platforming for the game, especially if you can quickly detach and attach like the Zelda Clawshots.

Also, look at the second screenshot of that large, long one. It has clear tubes/pipes with free-flowing green liquid in them.
This confirms pourable/free-flowing water. YESSSS

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
Re: LittleBigPlanet 2 Detailed/Announced, WAY Bigger and Better than LBP1 [SCAAANS]

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards

I just thought of this little brain scene.

Take a Sackbot.
Blow him up to 100x his normal size.
Tell him to walk around and roar.
Make him wear a Colossus costume from the Shadow of the Colossus pack.

Dress up as Wander.
Sculpt a horse and arm it with a Control Seat.
Arm yourself with the Grappling Hook.

REAL SOTC LEVELS PEOPLE

XenonSovereign

I just thought of this little brain scene.

Take a Sackbot.
Blow him up to 100x his normal size.
Tell him to walk around and roar.
Make him wear a Colossus costume from the Shadow of the Colossus pack.

Dress up as Wander.
Sculpt a horse and arm it with a Control Seat.
Arm yourself with the Grappling Hook.

REAL SOTC LEVELS PEOPLE
I hope they increase the size of the levels by like...3

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Can you attach game objects to sackboys? I only briefly played the original at a friend's house, so I'm not sure.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards

I hope they increase the size of the levels by like...3

The thermometer, level sizes, etc. are likely going to be significantly enlarged. You see like a dozen Sackbots there in that screenshot...when in the first game a dozen simple Creature Brains would fill the thermometer and almost break the level.

With larger Blu-Ray discs now available, and the fact that EDGE has confirmed that Santa Monica Studios has shared technology with MediaMolecule to help them in the building of LBP2, and the fact that Mm now has access to all of Sony's generous assistance, I'm sure LBP2 is going to be larger and prettier than the prequel.

Just staring at the screenshots, I can see they've made polys higher res and tweaked lighting. Santa Monica's tech is apparently tweaking depth-of-field for the game.

Also, I believe Mm said the reason why they couldn't make water free-flowing and pourable in LBP1 was because the thermometer wouldn't allow it. The PS3 just couldn't handle all that physics.

But in one screenshot, we see water is pouring/flowing down a contained and sealed, clear tube. This means liquids are back, but in a much more realistic form.

The system behind how LBP handles physics processes and the amount of detail you can fit into a level must have been enhanced.

Can you attach game objects to sackboys? I only briefly played the original at a friend's house, so I'm not sure.

Not in the first one. Only stickers. Maybe in the sequel you can. After all, we see the Grappling Hook attaching to Sackpeople, and Sackbots might be customizable to connect to their environment.

Also if anyone wants to hear that song by Ochre for LBP2 again, here it is. I think it might be for the story levels Techno Renaissance.

XenonSovereign

Who's up for LBP tonight?

Also, I wonder how the story will be...

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards

The story, instead of covering world regions, covers time periods with strange twists (Hence Techno Renaissance).

Just got back from GameStop. The bastards wouldn't let me buy the magazine, but I saw the article. 8 pages long I think, and has screenshots I didn't post, like a snake that is being connected with microchips or something.

It also had a picture that looked like a recreation of Space Invader.

The Sackgirl was on the wasp, and the camera seemed to be peering down on her from above on a playing field where she would fly around and shoot green Sackboy-silhouettes.

I didn't even consider this but....you can make Patapon/Pikmin type levels with Sackbots
rkphv.jpg

Oh dear lord speerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm the graphics have gotten better.
lbp2d_516x516_111881a.jpg

lbp2c_516x516_111801a.jpg

lbp2b_516x516_111781a.jpg

S

SoulSilver

Was there even a storyline in the first LB or no? like did it have a villian or how did it end.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards

Creator Curators and their levels were being kidnapped from all around the world by the (I forgot his name).

You eventually find the kidnapper and his evil genius lair, you free the Creator Curators to allow them to create again, and find out that the bad guy was just sad because he never had any friends.

They tell him that he can make lots of friends on the LittleBigPlanet, and he becomes happy and everyone celebrates.

Lmfao.

XenonSovereign

The Collector, was the name of the antagonist...

I fucking want this game. I can't wait for the mega reveal on monday

S

SoulSilver

Do you think I should get LB1 or wait until LB2?

S

SoulSilver

Wait you can bring your LB1 planets to LB2? now thats so awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back