• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Let's talk about Xehanort and Terra in general!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelyex

Well, sorry if you guys already know how xehanort died, or how did he made ansem the heartless or xemnas, you guys probably know the answer, but it still bugs me, i was thinking, if Terra lost his body to Xehanort, how did he survive until kingdom hearts 2? i mean, come on, Lingering will, there is XEMNAS and ANSEM, Xehanort took over Terra's body and made terranort, terra sacrificed his life to save aqua, but aqua did the same and saved him from going in the realm of darkness, and xehanort took over Terra's body, yada yada yada,ventus is asleep,yada yada yada, sora protects ventus heart by having his heart inside him he gets the keyblade that riku was supposed to get but the people who don't have a pure and strong heart can't have a keyblade and yada yada yada so , how the hell did Terra Survive all this time if he lost his counciousness to Xehanort , and Xehanort made Xemnas and ansem the heartless? i was thinking , and you guys might know the answer,All i tought was "Xemnas and ansem the heartless is NOT xeharnot. xemnas and ansem the heartless is TERRANORT/TERRA!" you guys must be saying "Nooo no no no you idiot they aren't" but i don't know exactly , it is just a tought i had, correct me guys if you want to, but , it still bugs me, if anyone has a minute or two to share information, i will gadly thank you,and sorry if i am doing a mistake, correct me if i am wrong, thanks for reading.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
yes xemnas and ansem are terranort nobody and heartless not just xehanort and your answer about how terra survived well you see in KHDDD that his one of the 13 seekers of darkness means he just become villain guess others can fill you in better than me

EDIT: about lingering will you know he just have terra's rage against xehanort and terra's will to protect his friends so it's just in empty shell

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
General Discussion doesn't mean what you think it means~

Almost no one truly dies in the thinly veiled happy world of Kingdom Hearts. The whole Xehanort/Terra thing can be confusing, especially since not all the information hasn't been made clear, but the gist of it is:

-Xehanort took over Terra's body.
-Lingering Will in Terra's thoughts and emotions animating his armour.
-Xehanort had enough of Terra's shit so he tried booting him out of his body, which may or may not have caused his amnesia.
-Apprentice Xehanort with questionable memory split himself into the Heartless "Ansem" and Nobody Xemnas.
-Ansem and Xemnas being defeated apparently caused a sort of "reset" and now Old Man Xehanort is back but Terra is still under his control.

Amnesiac or not, Terranort/Apprentice Xehanort functioned as one entity but with Xehanort being the primary conscious.

Axelyex

so , this means that Terra is somehow "Dead" and at the same time "alive" because of the lingering will? you said lingering will is only his armor and the toughts he had about his friends and stuff, so the armor serves as a "empty shell" like you said, but if somehow he managed to get his body back , could he still be alive after that or not? you know, i always wondered if he has his "empty shell" the lingering will is his will, but where is the rest of terra ? are you telling me that xehanort , this apprentice xehanort is Terra in a norted state? xemnas dies,ansem the heartless dies, and So xehanort will be brought back like you said, but things still bugs me, i didn't play DDD yet so sorry if i don't say a plot that i don't know, i got to know that Ventus armor is inside sora, and that he fights against someone, young xehanort to be precise, but i still don't know a lot about DDD because i didn't play it, probably it has some plot about terra and the others who needs to be freed, the people inside sora's heart, but , you said "Apprentice xehanort splits himself into ansem and xemnas" so that way, how could he be that young in there? you know, xehanort is OLD,back there in Birth by sleep he is old, there is no heartless (Yet) because there is only unverseds, you can tell that the heartless experiment didn't took time yet because of braig is still alive, ienzo,lea,all the others are still there , so terra is Apprentice xehanort , when they did the Heartless experiment it was when sora was still a little child, then those things happens when radiant garden explodes, the heartless is created,lea isa braig ienzo and all the others dies, leting a heartless and a nobody alive,and thus creating xemnas and ansem, so, xemnas and ansem is terranort/xehanort , ansem dies,ansem goes inside riku's body thus giving that dark power he had in kingdom hearts 2,sora dies and is brought back again,roxas and namine is created, in chain of memories riku and sora happens to be there to try and find the organization xiii,wile that goes on, kh 358/2days happens, then after some time roxas goes back to sora with xion's memories, then sora goes and wake up, do all that stuff in kh2, finds kairi,finds riku, kills the organization xiii's members including xemnas. so i guess that pretty sums it up, but, could terra be brought back?i mean, he was split apart in 3 entities, ansem ,xemnas and lingering will, but could he be brought back ?

Ruran

Awards
Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh........hmm...

-Terra's not dead, he was brought back when Ansem and Xemnas were destroyed but is apparently under Xehanort's control.
-Xehanort was also brought back when Ansem and Xemnas were destroyed.
-Apprentice Xehanort is Terra possessed by Xehanort.
-Lingering Will doesn't count as a vital part of Terra.
-3D is full of time travel shenanigans and the young Xehanort we see there was brought from the past.
-I doubt that was Ven's real armor.

Forget the concept of "death" in this series. At worst, the characters get "dismantled" but they rarely (very, very rarely) actually die. Playing 3D doesn't help much in his case because of information included in a Japanese only book, but for all intents amd purposes Terra seems to already be back. It's more of a matter of freeing him from Xehanort's control.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
so , this means that Terra is somehow "Dead" and at the same time "alive" because of the lingering will? you said lingering will is only his armor and the toughts he had about his friends and stuff, so the armor serves as a "empty shell" like you said, but if somehow he managed to get his body back , could he still be alive after that or not? you know, i always wondered if he has his "empty shell" the lingering will is his will, but where is the rest of terra ? are you telling me that xehanort , this apprentice xehanort is Terra in a norted state? xemnas dies,ansem the heartless dies, and So xehanort will be brought back like you said, but things still bugs me, i didn't play DDD yet so sorry if i don't say a plot that i don't know, i got to know that Ventus armor is inside sora, and that he fights against someone, young xehanort to be precise, but i still don't know a lot about DDD because i didn't play it, probably it has some plot about terra and the others who needs to be freed, the people inside sora's heart, but , you said "Apprentice xehanort splits himself into ansem and xemnas" so that way, how could he be that young in there? you know, xehanort is OLD,back there in Birth by sleep he is old, there is no heartless (Yet) because there is only unverseds, you can tell that the heartless experiment didn't took time yet because of braig is still alive, ienzo,lea,all the others are still there , so terra is Apprentice xehanort , when they did the Heartless experiment it was when sora was still a little child, then those things happens when radiant garden explodes, the heartless is created,lea isa braig ienzo and all the others dies, leting a heartless and a nobody alive,and thus creating xemnas and ansem, so, xemnas and ansem is terranort/xehanort , ansem dies,ansem goes inside riku's body thus giving that dark power he had in kingdom hearts 2,sora dies and is brought back again,roxas and namine is created, in chain of memories riku and sora happens to be there to try and find the organization xiii,wile that goes on, kh 358/2days happens, then after some time roxas goes back to sora with xion's memories, then sora goes and wake up, do all that stuff in kh2, finds kairi,finds riku, kills the organization xiii's members including xemnas. so i guess that pretty sums it up, but, could terra be brought back?i mean, he was split apart in 3 entities, ansem ,xemnas and lingering will, but could he be brought back ?

What? Terra's not dead at all.

Gram

Banned
Awards
"Death" doesn't truly exist in this series. Ansem the Wise explained it as early as KH2:

Secret Ansem Report 4 said:
.........3 elements combine to create life: a heart, a soul, and a body. But what of the soul and body left behind when the heart is lost? When the soul leaves the body, its vessel, life gives way to death, but what about when the heart leaves? A being does not perish when its heart leaves its body. The heart alone disappears in the darkness. There is little time. If I remain in the realm much longer, I will certainly learn these lessons the hard way. My heart is already a captive of the darkness.

When someone "dies" in the khverse what is dying is the body. The soul fuels it and eventually (or through malicious means) leaves it resulting in a body losing it's battery.
It's this unique set up that allow nobodies to exist. The nobody is born from a body losing it's heart but the heart isn't the source of life the soul is leaving the discarded body alive but without it's heart.

The heart however, the defining trait and emphasis of this series as well as the overall consciousness of a being never dies. Where it goes after death isn't defined but you can guess a number of results by examining the series closely. (and it some cases where one goes upon death may actually vary from world to world)

Terra nor Xehanort in this sense has died as a result. Xehanort has extracted his heart and split it numerous times but he abandoned his body before it died leaving him as alive but dismantled as Ruran put it.
Terra was caught up in this. Xehanort, controlling Terra, split him in the same fashion resulting in Ansem/Xemnas.

"Recompletion" is the process when a split being, such as a heartless (Ansem) and a nobody (Xemnas), are destroyed causing the "dismantled" parts to come together again bringing the whole person back.
This is why many org members returned. The nobodies were destroyed and the heartless holding the heart destroyed. Going by this logic Apprentice or Terranort should've returned but Nomura has instead used it as an excuse to bring back Terra and Xehanort separate. (undoing that gawd awful mess of Apprentice/Anse/Xemnas he created)

As for the Lingering Will. I'm not sure why this is so hard to grasp but all that is, is armor filled with hate and thoughts. Blank Points showed Terra is still in that body with Xehanort.
I mean really. Vanitas can literally, I mean literally, create monster out of his negative feelz so why is Terra making moving armor out of thoughts and feelz so hard to ge- wait. Now that I think on it LW was never defined in BBS only japanese interviews...the source of all of this series misconceptions.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Just to clarify, death DOES exist in the series, but not for major characters. There have been a few people who've actually died, but only so far as they've completed their roles from their respective movies/games. Mufasa, Barbossa, Auron, the Shibuya Gang, technically Meg. But there are many films/games where characters are brought back or can overcome death to various degrees, including all of those characters but I'd say it depends on the world. Also the Riku Replica seems to confirm that he's dying but I'm not sold on it.

Axelyex

I know that he didn't die, i already know that! i used the meaning of "dieing" to say that they got dismantled as you said, all i was wanting to know if terra could be brought back, you know, or would it be permanent to xehanort control him, that's what i wanted to know, then you said that he was brought back because it caused him to be brought back because xemnas and ansem died, then that means xehanort could only control him if he did had a part of him split apart too, he did split a part to make xemans and ansem, xemnas and ansem is the combination of terra and xehanort, then, just to show how i know , when sora "died" using the keyblade of people's hearts , he where transformed into a heartless, because kairi's heart somehow was inside sora, then, after that , sora goes walking and endevous with his friends again, and they see him as a heartless, but they don't know if he is sora or not, then kairi somehow manage to know that this little Harmless heartless was sora, then she hugs him, sora is brought back, since he died, and somehow where brought back, he craeted namine and roxas, because of Ventus heart that was inside him too(Holy shit sora you had 3 hearts inside you) so that's ho i know, they don't die at all, they just get split , but since sora didn't lose all of his heart, he was still alive somehow, he only did lose a part of him there, not everything,Good thing to know that Terra is alive , now , We just need to know a way of how to bring xion back to life ;~; , because , you know, roxas is his own self just as xion is, they just need to be brought back,or they will just stay memories.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Then using the term of dieing was misleading as they aren't dead. They are undergoing a separation. To die in kh is the same as dieing anywhere so it's easily confusing when you mean different. Dieing is an incorrect term for the process so if you mean different please clarify it with the proper term.

Well Xion and Roxas have formed hearts of their own so all they really lack is physical bodies. Give them that and they come back. Simpler said than done but that would be the means of saving them.

As for controlling Terra. Xehanort has shown the power to split his heart off several times so even if he's returned to his true self he has a means of retaining control of his victims. Briag in particular also came back human but as we all saw in the 2.5 he still retained his Xehanort-yellow eyes despite Xehanort being whole.

When Xehanort split himself and Terra into Ansem and Xemnas it was different as it wasn't just the heart being split but it was Xehanort's heart, Terra's heart, Eraqus, heart and Terra's body & soul being split.
The body & soul make the nobody Xemnas with some part of Xehanort inside controlling it and the hearts forming the heartless Ansem.
It's a theory I've seen before that one of Apprenticenorts 3 hearts was left in Xemnas but both Xemnas and Ansem both show traits of Terra and Xehanort (while curiously no Eraqus) so it makes it all vague.

EDIT:
It's always funny that the only time Sora was only his own heart outside pre-BBS was when Roxas was made. Kairi's heart went home, Ventus stayed in Roxas and Sora was left to himself.
Now Sora's whole with Roxas, Ventus and Xion hanging around in there. haha

Axelyex

one more thing i wish that could happen is that xion and roxas could come back alive again..... i would be soooo fuckiinggg happy to see them again, i know that they appear in DDD, but i didn't play the game so i don't know what happens there, i wish i had a nintendo 3ds. now , all of you who has a 3ds and has this game and Smash bros, be proud of yourselfs, it is not like anyone can afford a 3ds, or a ps4 like you guys do, be pretty proud and NEVER EVER LET YOUR GAMES BREAK OR YOUR CONSOLES. okay thanks for the information.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
one more thing i wish that could happen is that xion and roxas could come back alive again..... i would be soooo diddlyiinggg happy to see them again, i know that they appear in DDD, but i didn't play the game so i don't know what happens there, i wish i had a nintendo 3ds. now , all of you who has a 3ds and has this game and Smash bros, be proud of yourselfs, it is not like anyone can afford a 3ds, or a ps4 like you guys do, be pretty proud and NEVER EVER LET YOUR GAMES BREAK OR YOUR CONSOLES. okay thanks for the information.

I mean, Blank Points in Birth by Sleep pretty much spells out who's coming back from "sleep."

Ruran

Awards
If you really want to know what happens in 3D you can always just watch the cutscenes and find the memoir information online.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Hopefully Nomura makes his heart significant in the mess. Though it seems he's more or less dormant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back