• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► LEAKS discussion - ENTER AT OWN RISK

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cumguardian69

Awards
^Shramp

Kairi needs to train because SHE SAID SHE DOES. It isn't a matter of having a Keyblade = you can do whatever. Kairi by way of plot says she doesn't have the experience required to stand alongside zriku. It is a personal decision from her and it needs to be respected. Not everybody can just run headfirst into a situation, especially when you have the track record that Kairi has (2 years without fighting, etc)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
No, she isn't even "playable" (Memory Dive seriously?) And she gets mistreated through and through. To be honest we are lucky to even get the old school Kairi and KH3 Sora models, but the point is that the overly positive fans who are wanting to call "muh false advertising" actually failed themselves and overhyped what MoM was going to be.

I’d argue that the “overly positive fans” are the ones defending the game.

I don’t think it’s necessary to flip out over Kairi not being playable more than she is or anything, but it’s fair and valid for people to express their dissatisfaction with what we received. Not everyone is as plugged in to what is said in interviews, etc., so there are naturally going to be varying levels of expectations for the game. That said, the only major issue most people, including myself, have is that they didn’t simply make Kairi the playable character for the final boss when they had the model and everything. I didn’t expect a final boss in her scenario to be a guarantee. But I definitely thought that IF there did end up being one, then Kairi would be the one fighting in it since Re:Mind made it seem like Sora was the one fridged for a change. I don’t think that makes me overly positive or that I was hyping myself up too much.

May-Jor

Awards
^Shramp

Kairi needs to train because SHE SAID SHE DOES. It isn't a matter of having a Keyblade = you can do whatever. Kairi by way of plot says she doesn't have the experience required to stand alongside zriku. It is a personal decision from her and it needs to be respected. Not everybody can just run headfirst into a situation, especially when you have the track record that Kairi has (2 years without fighting, etc)

She's a fictional game character whose decision was written for her. And there are plenty of characters who, in reality, don't have the tools to start an adventure, but they do anyways, because vidya gaem is 4 fun.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I can say this. It takes a real man/woman to admit that you can't do something. I think that's what Kairi was saying/doing in this case; shoot, she doesn't have the power of waking at this time. So there's kinda a reason why she has to go train in the first place. Merlin is no substitute for a real master in my mind.

But yeah, I hope this tease and hint stops soon; I'd really like to see Kairi do more than get fridged.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I just wish they hadn't included any of this "story" at all. Couldn't we just have a rhythm game for rhythm game sake? I say that, knowing no game in KH is a side game but oh I wish they truly were.

I wouldn't have minded a canonical story if said story actually gave Kairi some agency instead of what we got out of this.

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Foxycian

Awards
^Shramp

Can’t tell if you’re serious or sarcastic (and I will probably never gonna understand you cause sometimes you troll and talk in a Weird nonexistent language😅) but you have been shit talking Kairi like a while ago in the Kairi thread, but now you defend her? Lmao Good! at least that’s one less Kairi hater now, she deserves more support.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The concept of training in Kingdom Hearts is simply...stupid. We have seen time and time again both Riku and Sora rising to the occasion after being reset multiple times. It goes against the themes of the games: Love and Friendship OVERPOWER everything!
Training in Kingdom Hearts has been used to hide characters so they don’t have worry about putting effort into them. It’s character padding to give the illusion of growth, when it’s the opposite.
You could give me countless canon reasons as to why Kairi needs training but they would fall flat because of how SHOUNEN and tropy this series has become. It’s not about following development but convenient avenues to further Nomura’s ideas.

Cumguardian69

Awards
^foxycian and Absent

Whether I am trolling or not doesn't matter, as in universe it is a stated fact from the woman herself that she just isn't ready. We can argue about this or that but we are not the author of this story and (un)fortunately we do not have direct sway over where the story goes. We just have to take the facts as they are displayed.

Foxycian

Awards
^foxycian and Absent

Whether I am trolling or not doesn't matter, as in universe it is a stated fact from the woman herself that she just isn't ready. We can argue about this or that but we are not the author of this story and (un)fortunately we do not have direct sway over where the story goes. We just have to take the facts as they are displayed.
I don’t mind that, heck even after MoM I still have soft spot for Kairi, Im just shocked that you all of a sudden defending her, but not saying you shouldn’t Lmao go for it, I still support Kairi even tho she is not my favorite but still I care for her

Altho Now I can officially say I joined the Ava and Aqua club permanently because Kairi yet again failed to deliver for me and I can’t wait any longer for her, I know she will eventually have more moments to shine but I’m getting tired of waiting So I will not wait anymore, I waited 2 decades... Im not gonna have any more expectations, but I still support her ofc, I do hope she gets her shinning moments soon to please the Fans who liked and followed her since the beginning.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora, looking at Donald and Goofy begging him to come along on their adventure: ... Sorry guys, you know, I'm just a kid from an island who was fighting with a toy sword until 5 minutes ago. I need some training first. See ya later.

I also don't see the point of being in a "club". You don't suddenly have to hate her character cause you didn't get what you wanted. Just sit with the disappointment. That's all you really can do.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The concept of training in Kingdom Hearts is simply...stupid. We have seen time and time again both Riku and Sora rising to the occasion after being reset multiple times. It goes against the themes of the games: Love and Friendship OVERPOWER everything!
Training in Kingdom Hearts has been used to hide characters so they don’t have worry about putting effort into them. It’s character padding to give the illusion of growth, when it’s the opposite.
You could give me countless canon reasons as to why Kairi needs training but they would fall flat because of how SHOUNEN and tropy this series has become. It’s not about following development but convenient avenues to further Nomura’s ideas.
I'd rather see Kairi go on a adventure with friends, then training. Don't care who is the one training her. A KH world adventure will always sound more entertaining and fun to watch and playthrough then cutscenes of her sweating in the same training gym, vowing to get better with her teacher.

I wish we could just go back to the days of characters getting a Keyblade and then thrown to the deep end and learn as they go. Sora, Riku, and even Roxas and Xion were thrown to the Heartless wolves when they got their Keyblades. Kairi can do it too if you let her!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Sora, looking at Donald and Goofy begging him to come along on their adventure: ... Sorry guys, you know, I'm just a kid from an island who was fighting with a toy sword until 5 minutes ago. I need some training first. See ya later.

I also don't see the point of being in a "club". You don't suddenly have to hate her character cause you didn't get what you wanted. Just sit with the disappointment. That's all you really can do.
What if you never liked Kairi to begin with?
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
-About Sora taking over and fighting Master Xehanort -

I think the reason why he was able to do that is because he and Kairi shared a paopu fruit and now their destinies are intertwined like the legend says. If it was the other way around, Kairi could probably do the same for him.

KH3 ReMind title screen artwork emphasis this plot point, which Nomura said it served as a piece of foundation for the next game.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Even though I wouldn't have made this writing decision, I think the reason Kairi couldn't defeat this version of Xehanort (when she defeated Master Xehanort with Sora's help, and even bested Xemnas for a moment in Re:Mind) is because he's a manifestation of her insecurities. I feel like Kairi has never really believed in herself (I can list examples of that, if you guys want. And I think that's where Naminé and arguably Xion get some of their issues from). And her failure and trauma from KHIII undoubtedly made it worse. I don't think she really NEEDS to train, but she believes she does. Hopefully doing so will give her her confidence back... and maybe even more than she's ever had in herself.

Also, it's interesting that Kairi has a "Xehanort" in her heart--that's really a manifestation of her--that "causes her suffering", and yet there's still no darkness in her heart. I guess that says that PoH can have PTSD, but without it turning into darkness for them?

And you know what maybe would have been a better ending for this fight? Xehanort turning to the part of herself that Kairi hates, and Kairi losing to HERSELF i.e. her insecurities, since I think that was what they were going for, anyway. And THAT being why she decides she needs to train and to find her self-worth again. But I guess if Sora hadn't "shown up", Xehanort wouldn't have given her that clue about where he was. But they still could have handled this so much better. Actually, Kairi probably could have figured it out without Sora, since it was surely her subconscious mind who figured out there was something in what Xehanort told her before he cast her out in the ark. -sigh-

Foxycian

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Well fans always joked about it that Kairi is the princess peach of kingdom hearts and it’s kinda true, Kairi is strong and can defend herself unlike peach but Kairi main purpose was mostly in kingdom hearts 1, the story is the typical old fore tale, Kairi is a princess (princess of heart) and be kidnapped by the villain, and in the end just like the typical princess she is saved by her hero Sora, Kairi (and I guess Namine and Xion too) has no important role as of now, her true Role ended after KH1 when she was saved by Sora, and I guess she also played a small role of saving Sora and Riku when they were stuck in the realm of darkness in kh2, basically what I’m trying to say is... Kairi true purpose started and ended in Kh1, the story of Kh1 give more focus to the princesses of Heart more then any Game

but ofc Kairi will eventually Get to play some role in the future.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I mean that’s just gameplay, i never saw Peach do anything impressive like Kairi vs Xion Xemnas or Xehanort in cutscenes.
Peach can tangle with monsters of mass destruction and are like 10 times her size. Sounds better than Kairi fighting some girl back(said girl slapped her aside in the fight scene at that), Xemnas(who she fought back against for couple seconds before Xemnas pushed her shit in and captured her) and Xehanort(who destroyed her and Kairi having to need Sora holding her hand to beat a replica of him and having Sora come in again to help her after a memory of Xehanort toyed with her, before finally whipping out his keyblade so he can embarass her further and was about to finish her off before Sora came in.)

Back