• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Land of Departure will be Castle Oblivion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeib963

While looking closely at the Land of Departure compared to Castle Oblivion, both shown below, I noticed that they do sort of resemble each other. And with such stress on memories in the upcoming game, I found this to be rather interesting. Do you think (uh oh, theory) perhaps that the Land of Departure might become corrupted in a sense and become castle oblivion and somehow relocate to that In-Between realm?
CO.jpg

LandofDeparture.png

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I think CO already exist at the time and is MX's Castle while Eraqus lives at LOD.

Nomura did say we would learn of the Chamber of Waking's creation in BBS so it's possible CO will be in BBS.

skatenerd

hmm well MAYBE since sora and ven are connected somehow that it has something to do with soras thoughts or vens memories being twisted around? sommething. idk that might be a completely stupid thought but yea. but yea like its could just be his style

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The spikes are similar but the architecture is different. If they were pieces of the castle in LoD the spikes in CO wouldn't have been solid roof-like structures and would have looked like points.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Like Blizzara said, maybe yes maybe no. The architecture is similar, but that could just be Nomura's style of making buildings.

Obsolete Critic

I think they do resemble each other quite a bit, I would like a good explanation for why CO is there in the first place. Fanboys, banter away!

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
I think CO is near the Gathering Place, not Land of Departure.

Probably the place MX chooses to use as a base.

Radon

mofo
As soon as I heard that TAV lived in a castle I thought, oh that has to be CO. But when I saw that it was on the peak of a mountain, being held up by chains I thought, mmm I dunno about this.

I like Nocturnes idea. Seeing as the crossroads resemble those that Sora was on before he went to CO. I could also explain how Ven may have ended up in the CoR.

jdeib963

I like all your ideas. The reason i think it may eventually be CO is because of Hollow Bastion. Look at how much it was corrupted by the heartless and it changed into something else, which leads me to believe maybe master xehanort took it over. I mean looking at both of their odd, jutting designs I can't help but think, why not? Also, this may be reaching, but I mean Ven comes from the LOD. I know Aqua's armor is in Hollow Bastion, couldn't Ven's be here at LOD/CO? And to those who speak of the Gathering Place, who knows, it might actually be in the LOD. So I dunno, I really hope im right on this one because I see a lot of similarities and possible connections.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Its an idea I thought about yesterday while unintentionally looking around various world arts on KH Wikia. And like others have said, I'm guessing MX took hold of it and redesigned it

*CoughDoesCoughThisCoughAfterCoughHeCoughInevitablyCoughKillsCoughMasterCoughEraqusCoughAndCoughRedesignsCoughItCoughAfterwardsCough*

XDDD

satria222poxy

You know the crossroads of keyblades from the secret ending "Birth by Sleep"?

I think in 10 years time, the crossroad becomes the crossroad for the opening of Chain Of Memories.

The Chamber Of Wakening might be found somewhere in the distance from the crossroad.

Shi566

Well, if you close one eye, squint the other and tilt your head sideways, they do look kinda similar.
Anyhow, off to the side of CO there's one of those smaller spire-ish things that the LOD castle has. Maybe MX decided to mimic the castle in his own world just darker and uglier.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
no i dont think so >.>
that would only mean that nomura is getting lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back