• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts Unchained X [Chi] In Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
WE DID IT GUYS <3

So excited for this. I'm really interested in that pentagon thing they have on the third page. Wonder what it is.
I'm so excited that #ChitotheWest worked and the game is surely on it's way over.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm really interested in that pentagon thing they have on the third page. Wonder what it is.

It's the gameplay system for Unchained X.

They are using a medal system instead of cards. It works exactly like ours, having Speed/Power/Magic types, based on Keyblade (maybe, there's a chance there is only Starlight) your medal have damage boost if it is on the correct slot. And you use swipe, tap, various methods to activate medals.

BTW, the campaign should now be changed to gather more acceptance towards smartphone games IMO.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
It might be. I am cautiously optimistic; I don't mind touch controls to a certain extent as long as the control scheme is solid. And I can't STAND to play any game on a tablet, my poor Kindle Fire is too heavy to comfortably play rpgs on them for a long time.

...Shame a lot of games don't do it right. There are several that do it right, including the mobile version of Secret of Mana (I loved that when I had it on my ipod touch, shame it was buggy as shit; I might get the Android one b/c I wished I could play that though without having to resort to ROMs)...hopefuly they do this one right. I'll be glad to be able to play this game, FINALLY without having to bug my friends on irc and rely on translations to play this.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It might be. I am cautiously optimistic; I don't mind touch controls to a certain extent as long as the control scheme is solid. And I can't STAND to play any game on a tablet, my poor Kindle Fire is too heavy to comfortably play rpgs on them for a long time.

...Shame a lot of games don't do it right. There are several that do it right, including the mobile version of Secret of Mana (I loved that when I had it on my ipod touch)...hopefuly they do this one right.

In the PC version, you click the enemies to engage them in battle. The game does the rest. So it should be fairly "tap to win"-ish.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's the gameplay system for Unchained X.

They are using a medal system instead of cards. It works exactly like ours, having Speed/Power/Magic types, based on Keyblade (maybe, there's a chance there is only Starlight) your medal have damage boost if it is on the correct slot. And you use swipe, tap, various methods to activate medals.

BTW, the campaign should now be changed to gather more acceptance towards smartphone games IMO.

Awesome, thanks Kaz!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Awesome Spock, that sounds like it could be done right. I'll prolly stick to putting it on my phone tho; First gen Kindle Fire is just too heavy, esp if they have some kinda...mmm..touch Ninty cross thing to move around (most do)..that tends to kill my hands very fast on the Fire. Not to mention my phone has the newer version of Android on it. (Android Jellybean, vs some really early version on the fire)

Maybe some day I can afford a newer Kindle Fire, mine has charging problems anyway /le sigh.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i joing the uniconius to support riku but also i a my little pony fan as well

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hoo, interesting news. So we were correct when we assumed that X would be the game that was coming for smartphones. Really glad that it is finally coming. And it is free? My god, think looks pretty good. :) Your ChiToWest most have had an affect. Congratulations!
Also it feels like forever since I have last seen Nomura`s face on a article. I wonder if he gave an interview to Famitsu?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
So there are no cards at all? And close-ups for simple dialogues (because of the smaller screen size)?

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
So there are no cards at all? And close-ups for simple dialogues (because of the smaller screen size)?

Nope, medals. They have the usual card type, attack value, deck cost. I don't see a level in the screenshots though. And the medals are equipped onto the Keyblade.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It was probably changed to make things a bit easier for smart phone devices, plus the usual "dumb things down for westerners" Square some times does.

And yeah, the important cutscenes are now close ups which is nice.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Just 2015 for now, but it seems pretty far along and Square have a history of releasing smart phone games soon after their announcements.

By "soon" do you mean like in less than a month? Because I am picturing this game having a release date in late Q3... ;~;

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We're getting translations coming in now for all y'all
Unchained%20x%201.png

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
The close-ups may be used in some situations but not in others, depending on the needs of the scene, note the scenes on page 2.

In fact the game is being rather efficient: note that tiny little Chirithy gets the zoom so you can make out its actions and spot the Spirit emblem later in the story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back