• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: The Apocalypse {Rp Chapter 2}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Part 14: Friendly Issues, I Mean

"These are dangerous times to be trusting strangers.", the tan-skinned girl had said before leaving. Only Siaowe caught this and she felt sad at this, knowing she was right in a sense.

Meanwhile, Diamond was trying to pronounce that admittedly-difficult name. “Panfacag... That's such a weird name. Can I just call ya Pan?”

"Meh. Fine.", relented the cap-wearer as they both glanced at Clare.

Diamond then gave out a long speech about her opinion on trust, that the world would be a better place if everyone trusted one another, that Clare sees that way of thinking as naïve, giving trust and how much meaning it's supposed to have. She then realized that she "went off on a tangent" and was speaking like her father. Whoever he was, he apparently had some wise words. “Oh, and [Clare] doesn't eat a lot, you can keep the burrito, really.”

"Sure.", Panfacag conceded as he then bit into his burrito. Siaowe got hers as well and did the same.

Hmm. Delicious. Siaowe then corrected her and Panfacag's statement, "Oops. Let me rephrase what we said. What I meant to say is that everyone else seems to be hostile toward one another or wants to have nothing to do with anyone else. As for the two of us…"

Panfacag swallowed what he was biting into, then said, "We just want to make allies. You see, I wish to stop the Hybrid threat plaguing this universe. Noble cause, I know, and too difficult and abstract. Unfortunately, I got on Nick's bad side at the start and now we'll probably have no place to stay once we leave the ship. And thanks for the philosophical talk. It really helps."

Last edited:

Abhorsen

Kit has stopped just before entering the bridge, she half whispered to Nick, "Is it normal to hear a summon in your mind?" Nick smiled as he spun around walking backwards.

"Yes, it is. I hear Bahamut making smart comments all the time. In battle, we speak that way a lot. It is vital since I am not always right there with him. As for your situation, is it normal for others on your homeworld to hear summons? I would guess that would be somewhat commonly spoke of. I do know however that a summon is nearby. I hear its voice from time to time, as does Bahamut. It seems that it is trapped.. somewhere. I believe it is Ifrit. I am unsure though. It gives off an incredible heat from each word. So that is my theory. I haven't spoken of it prior since I am so unsure of its location. I do however hope to find him soon. As for your summon, do you know its name or location? Maybe its situation as to why it contacts you?" rambled Nick as he walked and finally sat in the captains chair.

"I am.. .... .. capt...e .. p...me... please! I am... on.. ........ o....th....su.... hurr..."

Nick winced as the message came through, at the same time Bahamut flew into the room and was seeing if Nick had heard it as well. Nick nodded and turned to Kit. Cutting her off before she could speak.

"I just heard him again, he sounds weak. He said he is on "o th su.." there isnt anything in bahamut's memory that would help with that, he already looked. Does it ring any bells with you? I am sorry to cut you off, please go ahead, then answer. That was rude of me."

Bahamut nodded at Kit then Nick and Bahamut waited for her reply.

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
~An Idea Put Into Action! ~

As the kids ran as fast as they could down the hall, the couldn’t help but notice, rain was getting ahead of them, Toukan couldn’t help to think but, How the hell does she run so fast.

As they ran the pasted by Timmy's room, where Rain had stopped suddenly, but continued running, right by a girl they had never seen before other then at the meeting, If Ace had to take a guess she looked like she was headed to Timmy's room.

As the boys ran past her Ace yelled out "HI IM ACE!!!!!" but continued to run, he doubt she heard him. Ace looked at Toukan and as they were running, he asked "So... Did you hear about Timmy?"

"Who?" Toukan was now puzzled, it’s as if he should have known who he was, but didn’t.

"Timmy. Nicks Cousin" Ace replied.

Toukan felt a small amount of guilt, Nick’s cousin... , he should have known, although... he doesn’t really know much about Nick, he knew now lots about Lindsey, she protected him, or at least when he woke up, they were all protected from the witch hybrid in Machaniken Town.. But why hadn’t he thought about it? Maybe that’s why... maybe that’s why Nicks has seemed off.. Although... he never knew nick other then the time they fought with each other against that big heartless.
"Nicks Cousin... No... Why, what happened?"

"I keep hearing the adults talking, he’s been in like a sort of coma, been battling the darkness inside... he’s a hybrid..." Ace said calmly

"A Hybrid! On The Ship!?!" Toukan said in a small panic.

"Yes. But he's got it under control... or at least he did... anyway but that’s all I know... got to love eavesdropping” Ace said with a small laugh...

Suddenly Rain came to a stop... It was so suddenly; Ace and Toukan almost ran into her when they weren’t paying attention. Instead because of the momentum they had created well running, they both ran into a wall, well trying not to run into Rain, soon after falling on each other.

Rain hadn’t even noticed... instead she looked down... "Nick... isn’t here..." The she turned to the side, and noticed the boys on top of one another "WILL YOU STOP MESSING AROUND!!! I WANNA ASK LINDSEY YOUR IDEA TOUKAN!!!!

As both of the boys got up they started to grumble... when they were finally standing, they saw that they were in front of the meeting room. “I wonder where he went...” Toukan asked Ace.

Suddenly before Ace could respond, Nicks voice was now being heard... right down the hall? "I am sorry to cut you off, please go ahead, then answer. That was rude of me."

Ace looked in the direction the voice came from and pointed "He’s that ‘a way"

They all began walking towards Nick; for sure he would know where Lindsey was, if she wasn’t with him.

As they turned the corner, they saw A girl, and Nick talking. Rain ran up to him and held him as she started to sob, trying to explain what had happened in the room, but nothing came out right, except the sound of her tears. Ace and Toukan Approached him, ready to ask him a question.

~And the meeting begins~

As Masquerade left to bring in her contacts... known as Aria... the little traitor...she left with this one warning. "I would keep an eye on the leader, if I were you, my love. No matter how loyal a being may claim to be, you never know what rekindled memories may do to an allegiance"

As soon as she disappeared, Sononea couldn’t help but ponder the thought... Memories... the one thing Ceal should have taken away as well... but they needed their memories to take form, so he kept saying... Either way... Masquerade should also be wary of Aria, everyday her resilience grows... so basically what she is saying is, I need to control my minions better, when all they have done is succeed... well Aria there has just betrayed... It doesn’t matter... It’s not like I trust any of them anyway... As I have thought before... I didn’t even want to bring them to Machaniken town in the first place. I did, because I needed a force to eliminate the keyblade wielders in which they failed... Oh well... If you want things done right better do them yourself, besides why else would I still call them by their colors and not their names.... Masquerade... a tricky one she is...

"Master Sononea I truly think Halloween Town can wait we need all are resources to be directed on this rebellion fraction, to split our forces now we risk their cause growing stronger, and as you have said their numbers. I believe that we should study them with are already suggest options and then stricken them down along with the primitive world they plan to land on."

Suddenly with the sound of Greens voice, his vision came back into focus Brown was now there....
“Here’s the thing Green... I don’t like when things aren’t done... when things aren’t done right things aren’t done at all... Where exactly are our forces in Halloween Town? Have we already taken over the rest of seasons? Where is the resistance waiting?"

A thought came to Sononea's mind... "Green... “before he could finish the rest of the rangers where present... except for Red. Of course Red wouldn’t be here. why would he ever make it to the damn meetings! No matter we don’t need him for this job.

All of the rangers where talking wanting to know what was the next step, and of course, why wouldn’t they..? They probably grow tiresome by now. And then the final portal opened, and White had arrived, and with a snap of her fingers, the rest grew silent. "White you have my thanks... I was about to blow a casket... "

Directing his attention to all of the rangers "We are just waiting for the others to arrive. Ah speak of the devils" Sononea attention went to Masquerade, Aria, Blue... and who else happened to arrive.... "Ah Aaron, so happy you could join us. We are about to attack Timmy and the crew in which he stays with."

After blue had his final words Sononea waved his hand in order to let him know, he had enough of the rant "Blue, She is of no concern to us right now, I wouldn’t be worried of this pink haired girl... for the time being... She opposes no threat to me... Now as I was saying..."

Standing up walking around the room, Sononea went outside, talking, knowing that the others would follow. "It's about time we discuss these wielders you all weren’t able to kill... It’s no matter, their time shall come... but first... I have an idea... As green informs me, we pretty much have almost... complete control over Halloween town... Since Halloween Town is now almost an operational base... we should know it almost inside and out... So why not... "Direct" “Sononea held up his gloved fingers and using his middle finger and pointer, made quote emphasis in both hands... "Straight to their, so that they might as well meet their demise..."

"But sir! It’s still War there! And they are not going down without much of a fight...."

"Pink! Do not speak out of turn and interrupt me again. Or I shall have white deliver you the consequences..."

Pink nodded and stayed quiet.

"So as I was saying. Let’s lead them to Halloween Town, we shall kill two birds, with one stone...And it is about time that the stupid Halloween king submits. Now I know what you all must be wondering... "How are we supposed to Direct them" Well..." Sononea reached into his pocket, pulling out a drawing...

Picture

"Ceal...... He made these for you... one of the last thing's he made before he vanished... Masquerade, Aaron, Aria... I'm pretty sure you all have your own means of fighting in Outer space... yes... this fight... has now been moved... Your gliders are all in back of my meeting tent, the heartless have just finished bringing them here. Gear up... we move in the morning...”

Last edited:
Awards
“Hostile is a strong word,” Diamondsaid, stuffing the rest of her burrito in her mouth whole. She didn'tmention how her little sister didn't give off hostile vibes at all.Distrusting, maybe, but even that was a stretch with her littlesister's shy, pensive demeanor over there. “But you know what? I'mon the captain's bad side, too, I think. And I'm probably gettingkicked off at the next stop, so I'm having some fun while I'm here.”Smiling and swallowing the food in her mouth, she added, “I don'tknow what I plan to do out here... I just know I want to save as manylives as I can. I don't want to be too late again.” She shivered asshe recalled the sight at Machineken Town. “If someone needs me tobe there, I want to be there. That's all I'm here for, I think.”Diamond shook her head, remembering her jealousy of her sister andhow that was the only thing on her mind before she saw that town backthere. “No, not my only reason... I wish I was as noble as you guysseem to be.” She pet them both on the head affectionately. “Do mea favor and spread some of that kindness to Clare. That may be theonly thing she has yet to understand.

Awards
Part 15: To Make Friends

"Will do.", Panfacag complied to Diamond as he got up from his seat and made his way towards Clare, passing the others without a word.

While he did that, Siaowe too his seat and turned to Diamond, replying, "Okay, maybe not hostile, but it looks like everyone here is in for themselves save for Kitridge, Leyla, and Lindsey, who seem to be friends with Nick. Not to mention the three kids." Siaowe sighed. "In case we might not get in Nick's good side, may Panfacag and I travel with you?"

Meanwhile, Panfacag made it to Clare, rubbing the back of his head before speaking up, "Umm…hi. I'm not sure if Siaowe already told you me name, but in case…" He then offered a handshake. "The name's Panfacag."

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
~The cries of Timothy Chance~

“Game. Set. Match”

Thanatos smirked as Timmy lay there, defeated. Outmatched. Outclassed. Thanatos could constantly heal himself while Timmy wore down. Time even ran differently here than it did on the outside world so after about hours of constant combat Timmy was so tired and battered he couldn’t even lift his keyblade anymore. Thanatos was soon going to be free and finally take over Timmy’s body and then...well..you know what they say. First comes the body theft. Then the bitches. Followed by some universal domination.

Wanna know why I’m so cocky all of the time?” Thanatos mocked his human half “Its because i’ve always known that i’m the better choice to be in control of our body. This here fight proves it”

“Your just confident because you have a handicap!” snarled Timmy “You can’t win without cheap tricks!”

“There is no cheap in battle” Thanatos replied “You had a weakness. I lovingly exploited it” he took a few steps forward and bent down, grasping Timmy by the chin and forcing him to look into his eyes “Now all that’s left to do is break that annoyingly strong spirit of yours”

“Do your worst” Timmy spat

“Oh. I will”

The world around them melted. Thanatos was gone and Timmy suddenly found himself standing in a dark street, moon shining down on him.

“Weird” Timmy took a few steps forward, taking in the neon lights “This looks like...Traverse town”

But that couldn’t be right. Traverse town was..

“Aieee!!!!”

...destroyed.

Timmy flung his hand back, summoning forth all of his will and bringing his keyblade to his hand despite knowing that he was in no shape to fight off anything. Much less hybrids.

The scene changed, the buildings were suddenly on fire and Timmy found himself running towards the source of the scream he had heard. Trying to ignore the blood that pooled the streets and was splattered all over the burning buildings. He made it to district two when he saw it, a sight that made his heart stop.

Leyla’s corpse.

“But that...that’s impossible!” he gasped, the world mutating around him “She survived!”

“Nope. She didn’t” a voice hissed in his ear “She died because you couldn’t protect her. Some friend you are”

“She’s LEYLA!” Timmy growled “She doesn’t need protecting!”

“Yes I did” Leyla’s eyes opened and her head turned around to face Timmy, all the way around “But you left me to die”

“I’d never..” Timmy backed away and then looked down at his hands, which were suddenly covered in blood.

Leyla’s?

He gasped and tried to wipe them off on his shirt. Tried to get the feeling away. But he couldn’t. The blood wouldn’t come off!

“I’d never leave you” his voice was weaker now as he knelt down, shadow heartless beginning to surround him and Leyla “Your too important to me..”

The shadows leapt and dog piled on him, dragging him down into the darkness as he screamed. Screaming his heart out, desperate. He just wanted to go home!!!

“Will you cut it out?”

Timmy’s eyes opened wide as he looked around another time. There was no more darkness, no more blood. There was just...wait..

Nick was staring down at him, looking annoyed but relieved. Kit was there too. and Leyla. Even Bahamut.

He was in his bed on the ship. He’d woken up!

“It was just..an illusion” he gasped “and I broke out! I’m awake!”

He felt lighter, free. He was up! Leyla was alive! Laughter broke out, escaping his mouth as he fell back onto his pillow

“We were worried sick. You wouldn’t wake up” Kit said, frowning

“I’m sorry” Timmy said to the ninja “Its just..all that happened with Masquerade. Thanatos took that chance to strike. I don’t know how I got out”

“Who?” Leyla looked confused

“That’s what the hybrid calls himself” Timmy explained, sitting up “It feels like i’ve been there for so long. I’m glad i’m finally out. I’ve missed you all”

“Well try not to flip out again” Nick smirked “It was so difficult carrying you here. Your really akward heavy!”

“Oh thanks a lot” Timmy rolled his eyes and they all chuckled

“So how about some food? We could all use a good meal after everything we’ve been through” Nick looked around and the other three nodded eagerly and he nodded “Come on Leyla, lets go start, I think Kit needed to talk to Timmy”

Leyla gave them a knowing grin and followed Nick out of the room

“She must be really relieved” Timmy commented “Leyla doesn’t grin like that”

“I think she was grinning about...something else” Kit looked down, face red.

“What about?” Timmy cocked his head to the side as he surveyed the girl

“Well, when you were..asleep...I was by your side. At all times” the ninja began and Timmy flushed a bit at the idea. She had been there? All along? How long was he out?

“I couldn’t deal with the notion that you might never wake up and I begged you...to open your eyes” Kit continued.

“I’m sorry” Timmy suddenly felt ashamed. He should have gotten out faster. He shouldn’t have let himself get so bad off to begin with.

“Its not your fault” Kit waved off his apology “I made a vow. That if you woke up that i’d tell you a secret”

“A s..secret?” Why was it suddenly so hard to talk

“A secret” Kit confirmed. “I wanted to tell you that I...like you”

“Of course you do” Timmy nodded, blushing hard “friends tend to do that”

“Not as a friend” Kit replied, making Timmy’s throat go dry “Like...I love you”

Timmy croaked and Kit giggled as he stared down at his lap. Swallowing the lump in his throat he looked back at her and tried to talk again

“Ilikeyoutoo” he said. Then mentally slapped himself. First he croaked and now he talked really fast.

“Pardon?”

“I said...that I like..love..you too” Timmy finished. Inside he was dancing. He said it! He said it! He said it! Kit smiled at the news, eyes lit up. The door crashed and Nick and Leyla tumbled in, two glasses rolling across the floor. Timmy couldn’t help but laugh. For some reason, that was funnier than it should have been. Maybe because he was so elated? Kit loved him!

“Since when do you eavesdrop?” he chuckled, noticing Kit laugh too

“We weren’t eavesdropping!” Leyla denied as Nick helped her up “We forgot something!”

Timmy took Kit’s hand and they stood up too “Riiiight” he grinned

“What are you waiting for?” Nick demanded “Kiss her already!”

Timmy flushed and looked at Kitridge who was blushing too. He pulled her closer and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Their lips met and Timmy soared inside. It was like being on neverland and soaring through the sky. It was like a dream! Her lips were soft and she tasted like...vanilla maybe? Timmy decided he really liked vanilla all of the sudden. They stood there lost in their own little world, Timmy on cloud nine. Completely forgetting the other occupants in the room. It all felt so right.

Then his side exploded.

Timmy screamed in pain, breaking the kiss and looking down at his right side only to see Kit had plunged a knife in his side. A kunai knife. The pain shot up his body, flooding it as he coughed, blood hitting Kit’s face and running down it. He looked at her, betrayed. A cruel smile was on her face as her eyes glowed viciously. She twisted the knife and Timmy went down, clutching his bleeding side and yelling out in pain and anguish.

“Awwwww” another voice laughed. Leyla? “Are you hurt?”

A kick to the side, his left side, causing him to roll over on his injured one. Increasing the pain. This couldn’t be happening.

“How could you ever believe i’d love a monster like you” Kit asked, bending down and letting the knife dangle above him. Blood dripping into his eyes.

Timmy couldn’t talk, tears were streaming down his face and Leyla snickered “He’s actually crying”

Nick was gone. Thanatos standing in his place, grinning. Leyla bent down next to him, eyes amber. Timmy tried to speak but instead began to choke, heart hammering in his chest painfully. In fact, the chocking hurt too. It was as if the iron in his blood had coagulated into an iron bar that was pressing directly inwards on his neck, right under the skin.

“He’s sputtering” Thanatos commented

“I think its the lump in his throat” Kit commented, tracing the knife down Timmy's cheek and onto his throat. She poked it. “It made him croak before you know”

“Pathetic” chuckled Leyla

Thanatos stepped forward, looking down at him as well, looking in amusement at the blood that pooled underneath Timmy “He’s either going to bleed out, suffocate or have a heart attack” he said in mock worry.

“Well the suffocating part is easy to fix” Leyla responded “Kit said there was a lump in his throat right?” Kit moved the knife and Leyla reached forwards, eyes shining.

“I’ll just tear it out”

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
OOC: Magic has given me power-play permission for Sononea this post, so here's the post. *I know he already said it in the OOC thread; but it's a reflex*

IC:

~- I Am Such A Foolish Girl -~

Rixue listened to her teammates chatter without hearing them; she wasn't even paying attention to the questions as her mind wandered, trying to figure out what Sononea had planned. Sure, she did catch snippets, but it seemed like normal stuff. Finally, she felt someone's eyes on her; drawing herself out of her mind, Rixue looked at Pink and listened as the other girl asked, "Are we ready to strike? If not I believe it's time we do."

Rixue could understand Pink's logic, it wasn't even that much of a surprise; Pink was given reason after all. It didn't take long for White to appear, and it also didn't take long for White to put them all back in line; Rixue watched the cringe from Larxen, knowing that he caught onto the agitation rolling off of White as much as she had. Before anyone could comment Masquerade, Aria and Aaron entered the gathering. Groaning mentally, Rixue didn't have time to think of a snarky remark, 'cause Sononea spoke up with, "Ah Aaron, so happy you could join us. We are about to attack Timmy and the crew in which he stays with."

Rixue rolled her eyes behind the safety of her visor, though she carefully kept the annoyance vibe in check as she tracked Sononea as he headed out of the tent. She fell into step behind the others that followed, using them as a shield of sorts to keep her away from Masquerade. Rixue listened in silence as Sononea explained their next objective; they were to go into space to chase after the key wielders that had gotten away, and they were to hopefully separate them and force them to go to Halloween Town.

Riiight, did he forget how stubborn they could be?

She listened to Sononea reprimanded Pink, flinching inwardly at it since it was a reasonable protest. Before she could defend Lexis though, Sononea carried on, saying that they were to herd the heroes to Halloween Town so the heroes could meet their demise there. It was only after he said this that Rixue had noticed he'd reached into his pocket for something; curiosity got the better of her as she wondered what it was. Her curiosity was appeased when he pulled out paper with a drawing on it, one that seemed to have a board-hovercraft like thing on it.

"Ceal.... He made these for you; one of the last thing's he made before he vanished. Masquerade, Aaron, Aria; I'm pretty sure you all have your own means of fighting in Outer space. Yes, this fight has now been moved. Your gliders are all in the back of my meeting tent; the heartless have just finished bringing them here. Gear up, we move in the morning...”

Rixue heard his voice crack with pain then; looking back at Sononea, it took her a moment to remember that he and Ceal had been friends. Mentally slapping herself upside the head, she glanced at Brown to see that he seemed to be trying to judge how to react to the idea of the gliders. Shrugging, Rixue focused back on Sononea and asked gently, "Master Sononea, is there anything else you'd like to discuss? Or are we free to leave and prepare for the attack?"

"Sononea, Love; aren't you forgetting something?"

Rixue watched as Sononea pause in his retreat back to the tent when Masquerade spoke; glancing over his shoulder at first Masquerade, then Rixue, Sononea seemed to suddenly remember the last thing he wanted to say; waving his hand in the air he said, "Purple, fill them in on what happened in the tent, also let them know what's going on with our targets and inform our allies that are scattered about the worlds." With that said and done, Sononea continued on his path to the tent, never looking back at the others.

Rixue blinked in surprise, unsure of where that had come from, but she didn't question it. Looking at each of the others in turn, she remained silent for several moments as she tried to figure out what to say. "Well, basic thing is that they're still recovering and they've gained numbers; Timmy seems to be unconscious from the fight and Nick seems to be cranky over having so many people on his ship. They plan on hitting up a world with White Sage from what I was understanding, which narrows it down to a couple of different choices, but they're closest worlds are Kingdom of the Sun and Halloween Town.

"It seems as if they've picked up at least four new members besides the ones that we'd seen here, including those kids. Unfortunately, I couldn't have the link tuned in as much as I wanted, I didn't want to run the risk of being caught by someone there." Shrugging, she asked, "Any questions or suggestions you'd like to give voice to?"

~- I Feel You Near -~

Kit smiled slightly; it was kind of funny listening to Nick rambling about summons talking inside his head. Laughing softly, she nodded quietly in acknowledgment of everything he said. She was slightly surprised when he asked her if she knew the Mist Dragon's location; of course she did! Before she could start to respond, Nick cut her off with a quick, "I just heard him again, he sounds weak. He said he is on "o th su.." there isn't anything in Bahamut's memory that would help with that, he already looked. Does it ring any bells with you? I am sorry to cut you off, please go ahead, then answer. That was rude of me."

Kit shook her head; it didn't ring any sort of bells at all. If she was honest, arriving at Machinecken was the first time she'd left her home world, if you didn't count that rather insane trip to the moon, the Dark Knight, the fight with the Creator.... okay, she was totally getting off track now; focus, girl! She almost responded when the little girl from earlier ran over to Nick crying; surprise gripping her, Kit saw Toukan and Ace walk into the room, heading toward Nick to ask him a question. A gentle look entering her eyes, Kitridge walked over toward Rain and gently pulled her away from Nick. Lifting up a hand, she brushed away some of Rain's tears and said gently, "Shh, it's okay; whatever's wrong, it's okay."

Kitridge felt a pang of homesickness, suddenly missing her family as she tried to get Rain to settle down; the little girl reminded Kit of Cuore the few times that she'd become distraught. Looking at the two boys, she asked, "Did something happen to upset her?" Concern laced her words, before she went back to attempting to calm Rain down; without looking at Nick she answered his earlier questions, "I think Lady Rydia or Lady Bluebell might have mentioned it once, but I never asked such personal questions. I always thought that my talent was for ninjutsu, not summoning; maybe it was a good thing it never got discovered until now, who knows what might've happened if it showed up a couple of years ago. And yes, I know both her name and her location, whenever she's not called upon, she rests back at the home of her original summoner, the Mist Village. And her name is the Mist Dragon, just so you know. I don't know if her situation's a part of it or not, I just find it a little weird."

She couldn't explain the slight tightness in her stomach, but it suddenly felt like there was a rock in the bottom of it. Kit, you've got a friend on one of the worlds, and I don't mean Aria; but something about them feels off, be careful. Unlike earlier, this time, when the Mist Dragon spoke inside her mind, it didn't take Kit by surprise. Instead, she nodded mentally in acknowledgment of the dragon's warning, knowing that if she didn't have her guard up, they could all get burned, and bad.

Little did Kit know, just how much of a punch to a gut it was going to be.

~- This Is The Last Smile I'll Fake -~

She looked up at the evening sky, eyes searching for any sign of a small fraction of salvation. There wasn't any sign of that redemption to be seen; but it's not like it mattered to her in the slightest. The hem of her dress seemed to have shadows dripping down; even more so there was the same wispy shadows slithering across her skin, twisting across her shoulders before they dropped off again. The young woman glanced down at her dress; for the most part it was still the same, but it seemed muted in this strange world. Strangely enough, it had wisps of shadowy darkness dripping off of it like blood. Disregarding that comparison, she glanced up again and looked around the graveyard she was currently standing in; the moonlit hill behind her was illuminated by the full moon that hung in the sky.

She was positive she'd heard of the name of this world; raising a finger to her cheek, she titled her head to the side and thought, What was the world's name again? Wasn't it Halloween Town? Shaking her head, she glanced briefly at her traveling companion, not saying anything before she stood up and started to walk away, her mind whirling with deeper and darker thoughts.

It was a test, she knew that for a fact.

You can't fight us, so don't even bother trying, little girl.

The light-haired girl clenched her fist; she wouldn't give the dark voices any quarter. It wouldn't matter to her how long it took her to get out of this situation. She'd fought them for sixteen years now; she'd find a way to manage it. That, or she'd die trying. A cruel, cold smirk came to her lips at that point, a dry laugh trickling free as she continued walking along the world. She knew where every one of her weapons were, making her feel better for being by herself. Not that she needed the protection of her guardian; she could look after herself just fine.

She knew of her responsibilities; her parents had instructed her one too many times for her to be blind to them. She shook her head and turned violet eyes up to the night sky, letting the moonlight illuminate her pale, milky skin, a side effect of the world she was in.

"This world is too small, it would be so easy to destroy it...." she whispered, a smile teasing her lips as her eyes drifted toward the guillotine in the town square; the cheerful thought of Jack Skellington getting caught and becoming the blade's next victim floating through her mind, making her giggle.

"No, calm down; you have to wait for Sononea and the others to get here." The cold, detached tone was obvious in her soft words. Still, that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy the moonlight, or the images her imagination called forth.

~- A New Face, Yet a Familiar Scent -~

Razor drifted through the lanes, trying to figure out what to do next. He could always double back and help that kid out; or he could just continue along his way. Ugh, he couldn't think clearly; something was calling to him, and he didn't know what it was. All he knew is that it was tugging at the chords of his heart; something about it felt strange, yet compelling.

He shook his head, trying not to think about what was the cause of it. He knew that it would be dangerous to investigate an unknown occurrence by himself; so instead, he took off in the direction of another world. Swerving toward a different world, he landed on it. Glancing around him, Razor's eyes caught several things at once; the sky was dark, hinting at it being sometime after sunset.

Another was that there was a girl standing not too far from him, and from what he could tell he didn't know her; but she felt vaguely familiar. Closing his eyes for several moments, Razor felt the wolf just under the surface of her skin, watching him, waiting for him to talk to it. Eyes snapping open, Razor looked at her and was a little surprised by the knowing look in her clear, slanted aquamarine eyes. Tilting his head to the right, his eyes found the tree behind her; he even saw the repeated words from the world he'd just been to carved into the bark.

"So, those words were your doing?"

"Yes; do you know what's going on?"

He looked at her and nodded calmly, knowing full well what she meant, and it felt a little odd on knowing these things. He hesitated for a few moments, his survival instincts warring with everything he'd been taught. Finally coming to a conclusion, he asked, "Would you like to accompany me, Miss....?"

The woman raised a gloved hand, halting his words; shaking her head, she spoke over him, "Very well; although my name at the moment is of no importance, I assure you." Without another word on the matter, Razor watched her lower her gloved hand, turn around and walk away from him, confidence radiating in every single step.

Abhorsen

Nick waited for Kit's reply when out of nowhere Rain, Ace and Toukan burst into the room. Rain latched to his leg and was crying. Nick went to rub her back but before he could react Kit was pulling her away and wiping her face, comforting her and reassuring her that it would be ok. She then replied to Nick.

"I think Lady Rydia or Lady Bluebell might have mentioned it once, but I never asked such personal questions. I always thought that my talent was for ninjutsu, not summoning; maybe it was a good thing it never got discovered until now, who knows what might've happened if it showed up a couple of years ago. And yes, I know both her name and her location, whenever she's not called upon, she rests back at the home of her original summoner, the Mist Village. And her name is the Mist Dragon, just so you know. I don't know if her situation's a part of it or not, I just find it a little weird"

"That seems a little odd. Whenever a summon has called to me it is for me to rescue them or awaken them. Never has it been a conversation out of the blue. I wonder what she is after? Whatever it is be careful. She could be being forced to lead you into a trap. Whatever the case if she ever needs you I am in. It is kinda my thing, you know? Either way, lets try and find out what is the matter with Rain." said Nick as he stooped down to meet Rain face to face.

"What's the matter Rain?"

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
~The Dilemma~

After being comforted by Nick, and then stolen away from him, just to be comforted even more by this girl she didn’t even know other than from in the meeting, and the occasional "Hi" when they pasted each other in the ship, plus how she was really really really! Nice to the three, when she said she would get them food, all rain could process was, "So they don’t hate me" a sigh of relief was let out.

As Kit spoke to the two boys, Ace went ahead and took charge, telling her the situation, as well as Nick.

"Well you see...Rain thinks everyone hates her. And that’s because she hate all but three breakfast burritos. Where she puts it all is a mystery" Ace and Toukan laughed, and surprisingly rain gave a soft giggle.

"But that’s not the case at all; well at least I don’t think so. Anyway, and so Toukan had an Idea to ask Lindsey, if she could help us make food for everyone on the ship... not just that but having three kids show up with food, serving everyone, would bring everyone’s tensions down, like a peace treaty..." Ace looked puzzled by what he had just said. Why the hell did I say that?

"Uh anyway... So yea... do you know where Lindsey is?"

For more than have of that conversation having to do with rain... and she wasn't even paying attention. Instead she was looking down the hall, there it was... the red fog again... was it her imagination? She suddenly realized... it was back.. and it was growing, the red fog that appeared from Timmy's heart, the same fog she thought she originally gotten rid of... Why was it still there... Only one answer, Rain could come to mind... Darkness.

"Uh Rain? You okay?" Toukan asked puzzled by why Rain seemed to drift off.

"Umm... Ill be right back..." Rain said in some sort of trance. Suddenly she got out of Kit's grip, and started running down the hallway headed towards Timmy's room.

Toukan looked at Rain as she ran off wanting to go after her, but by the time he realized he should of ran after her, she was gone... the thought came to him again... How is she so fast!?!?

~Red Fog part 2~

Rain, couldn't understand why she was running, why she knew she had to stop this fog that nobody could see, she didn't understand.. all she knew is she had to. When she finally got to the room, there was a girl from the meeting standing outside his door.

"Ugh.. people need to stop being in places" she said quietly. When she looked around the red fog was now everywhere, surrounding everything, except rain, it sort of made a barrier around her, not touching her. I need to get into that room

Suddenly ran past the girl, who seemed to be paused in thought. Suddenly she saw the boy, in the center of the fog, more and more red fog oozing out of his heart. "A hug worked the last time.. lets try it again"

Suddenly she ran up to Timmy got on top of the bed and hugged him again with all her might closing her eyes, trying to force the fog back into his heart.. that or to make it fade again. She felt the fog gone, that or sensed it, as if it disappeared from her system. She smiled, and then opened her eyes.

As soon as she did, she wasn't in Kansas anymore. "What..??? Where am I!?" She started to walk around... and notice she was on some sort of platform. And as she walked around, foot steps appeared threw the darkness covering the platform. Step by step, a white ring of light made images appear.. Suddenly there was Timmy's face. Rain gasped, and the entire platform came to life showing images of Timmy his friends and the darkness, known as the red fog.

"HELLLOOOOO??? TIMMY?!" Wait... how did she know his name.... she couldn't explain it, the idea of the man's name just popped into her head... then more information... his friends... picture's images, appearing in her head... it was as if his memories were being giving to her. She suddenly knew about Shiki, Aaron... and his feelings for Kit... ewww.... And then "TIMMY IM COMING I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!"

Suddenly the platform changed and she was back on the ship..." Huh... what is going on?.... why am I back here... I was in Timmy's room... TIMMY!" She began running threw the halls of the ship when she finally got to the room, she thought she was in, only to see timmy awake... "I did it! Yea!!!!!! Wait, what exactly did I do?" Suddenly a kiss was from kit.. everything was finally back to normal... except for Nick.. he seemed to twitch, and then a yell of pain... Timmy was bleeding... "TIMMY NOOO!!! STOP LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Rain yelled with all her might. "Timmy! Its A Dream! Please Wake Up! Don't Believe What You See Its Not Real!" Suddenly the head of Nick turned towards Rain..

"How did you get in here... You cant .. " the now known fake Nick known to Rain said.

"Timmy! Wake UP!!!!" she began trying to run into the room Timmy was in. But something wouldn't let her in. "Timmy!!!!! Wake Up!!!!!! Please!!!!!"

Fake Nick began walking out of the room..."Please explain, how you are here...." Suddenly he held up his hand and Rain was pushed against the wall with a somewhat

"Timmy..." she started to cough as if something was choking her.. ".. Help..." She felt as if she was fading from the world she was in....

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Awards
~Freedom~

"Timmy!!!!! Wake Up!!!!!! Please!!!!!"

He was in such a haze of pain, both physical and emotional, that Timmy wasn’t sure how the voice reached his ears at all. How could he still form a coherent thought? He felt so weak... There was blood...everywhere.. coming from his side. His throat. No one can bleed this much and not die!

TIMMY!!

What was happening?! Was that Leyla laughing? Why would she laugh? Why would she...rip out his...his..

THIS ISN’T REAL!

Kit was laughing too... a black parody of her usual giggle. Who was the girl screaming?

PLEASE HELP...ME....

Was she hurting too? Timmy couldn’t have that. But what could he do? He couldn’t even stand up! Couldn’t fight. Even he could, he’d have to kill Leyla. and Kit. Were they the ones who were hurting...that mysterious girl?

DON’T LET THE DARK BLIND YOU! OPEN YOUR EYES! I KNOW YOU CAN!!

Open his eyes? But they were open. He could see the ceiling. Could see Kit bending down over him, a crazed look in her eye. Could see that..knife...could see it slip out of her fingers. It was coming right down...

More agony. Right in his eye socket. Everything went dark as he felt something..drag him down.

Drag him into the dark.

“Stand up”

There was that voice again. Who was this girl he kept hearing? What right did she have to tell him not to give up? If he wanted to fade away then that was his choice damn it!

“But you don’t want to fade away! You want your heart back!”

But he had his heart. It was telling him to drift. To let the shadows take him away into oblivion.

“No its not! That’s Thanatos talking!”

Thanatos? But...but that was his name.

“YOUR NAME IS TIMMY!!”

Name...was...

“Timmy!”

Timmy gasped and opened his eyes. He was floating, floating amidst hundreds of shards of broken glass. Was this the same pillar from before? The hybrid shattered his heart and was in the process of rebuilding it!

Timmy flipped upright, glaring hard as he saw the monster ahead of him, strangling a child. A little girl, with long brown hair tied with a pink bow in it.

“Why is that girl in my heart?” Timmy wondered

“To save you”

That voice, where was it coming from? The girl...Rain?....was looking right at him!

“I’m talking to your mind. I came into your heart to help you stop the darkness”

“Weird” Timmy commented “Since when can little girls talk to hearts?” he shook his head. Thanatos was growing more powerful by the second. Timmy may not know all of the details but this had to end now! Rain gave him a little nod and vanished. Shattered into countless pieces of light that soared towards Timmy like a swarm of fireflies. They entered him, filling him up with..

hope.

“I don’t know who that girl is. Or how she got in here” Thanatos called “But its already over. Your heart’s broken. I’m stronger than you. I can suppress you and take over!”

“Don’t count your chickens before they hatch Thanatos” Timmy growled, glowing white.

Rain had given him this chance. Had given him enough light that he could definitely use it to conquer his heartless half. Thanatos flashed him a slasher smile and shot towards him, flinging his arms out and sending several of the glass shards shooting at his light half. Timmy shot forwards as well, flying through the shards and ignoring the cuts they left behind. He cocked his fist back and flung it forwards, burying it into Thanatos’s chest. The monster coughed up black blood as Timmy’s fist went right through the other side. Time stood still, the two simply staring at each other. Brown into amber. Timmy withdrew his arm from the monster's chest.

“I suppose this is the part where I say something cliche before I lose myself?” the heartless chuckled “As if”

“Its over Thanatos” Timmy replied “This heart is mine”

“Yeah, once again someone came to your rescue and finished up the fight for you” the heartless scoffed “You can’t do anything on your own”

“Strength comes from not only yourself, but from the people around you” Timmy snapped

“Did your precious master teach you that?” Thanatos scoffed “Of course she did. Do you really think its over? That i’ll stop trying to take over this body?”

Timmy smirked “I’ll stop you every time”

“You’ll try” Thantos smirked back “But I know you. The two halves of this heart have connected though violence. One day soon you’ll once again let me free. The scars left on your heart from this fight, and all of the fights and events that came before it won’t ever fade away. I may leave, but you’ll be the one to bring me back

“From this point on you’ll stay where you belong” Timmy replied, voice ice “In my memories”

Thanatos chuckled cruelly “I said I wouldn’t be cliche. So i’m not going to be like you and quote old movies” he became transparent. “Until next time”

Thanatos disappeared, dematerializing, and Timmy sighed. It was over. He was going to keep his body!

“I don’t know how to thank you” he said as he floated “Without you, i’d have been lost forever”

“Thank me by waking up” he felt Rain smile “although..ice cream is a good way too”

Timmy laughed and held up his hand. There was a flash of light and midnight roar materialized in it. “However much you want”

He pointed the key downwards at the shards of glass and they began to converge, swirling about in a tornado but slowly, a pillar began to form. A stain glass pillar that had a picture of Timmy and all of his friends on it, happy and smiling. The only problem was, it had several deep cracks in it.

“Your heart’s been damaged” Rain’s voice sounded sad “Nothing but time can mend it”

Timmy stared down at it for a moment, melancholy. But he perked up.

“Can I get out of here now?” he asked “I’m ready to see the outside world again”

“Fly up”

Timmy blinked. But he stared upwards and flew, not really sure of the mechanics behind the flight but that was irrelevant right now. He just kept on flying, farther and farther until there was a flash of light.

For the third and hopefully last time, Timmy’s eyes shot open. Rain was clutching him but as he looked down at her she withdrew her arms and crawled back a little, grinning at him.

Timmy looked around. He was in his room. For real this time.

“I’m awake” he said, then spoke louder, happier “I’m awake!!!”

He felt like doing some sort of happy jig but quickly decided against it.

“Thanatos?” Rain asked. Timmy frowned and thought hard for a moment “He’s still there. Weakened. Pushed down and locked up for the time being. But still there. and so are those scars on my heart”

“The mist is gone” Rain sounded satisfied “are you going to be okay now?”

Timmy chuckled and leaned back against his headboard. “Yeah. I have a feeling..i’m going to be better than ever”

Last edited:

Key Wielder

Awards
Kana didn't bother speaking as one of the children from earlier sprinted past her and flew into Timmy's room, the door slamming loudly behind her as it hit the wall and bounced back. Raising an eyebrow, she had to wonder why on earth Nick would be so put out with all of these new guests being aboard his ship. Surely they couldn't be anywhere near as loud and obnoxious as a group of restless children.

She groaned slightly, standing up and stretching. Kana hadn't been sitting there for long, but it was probably much longer than was prudent--if anyone who wasn't a kid wandered by, they would want to know why she was sitting here staring at a closed door, especially one that hid a certain Hybrid. Yet as she made to take a step down the hall, she stopped, her eyes falling once again on the door as she bit her lip uncertainly. A little girl had just gone in there...alone...with a Hybrid. An unconscious Hybrid, but still.

Why do you care? She's old enough to know that doing something stupid has consequences. If she wants to go in there, more power to her.

So why couldn't she leave? It was simple: one foot in front of the other until she was somewhere else. Her feet wouldn't move, however, not that she was trying very hard. Instead, Kana stood staring at the door, certainly looking far more suspicious now than she had when she was sitting across from it. I guess a quick look couldn't hurt...

What is
wrong with me?

Sighing, Kana took a few steps toward the door, a strange, unidentifiable feeling constricting her chest slightly. As her hand reached out for the handle, however, a sudden noise from inside had her moving on instinct. Her right hand clenched into a fist while her left threw open the door, prepared for the worst...

“--still there. Weakened. Pushed down and locked up for the time being. But still there. And so are those scars on my heart," Timmy was saying. Great, it's awake. So that was what she had heard.

The mist is gone,” the little girl replied, seeming quite pleased. “Are you going to be okay now?”

“Yeah. I have a feeling..I'm going to be better than ever.”

Kana didn't ask what the "mist" was, or how Timmy had woken up--not even about whatever it was he had weakened (although she was fairly certain she could figure that one out on her own). Suddenly feeling incredibly awkward to be standing there at all, she could have slapped herself. Honestly, what was she thinking? If he'd woken up and gone on a rampage, there was little she could have done to save the little girl or probably even herself, especially without revealing that she could wield a Keyblade. Yet she'd gone barging in at the slightest sign of danger...why? It was pointless. It meant getting involved. It meant putting herself out there for these...people.

Good going, Kana. Make your excuses and get out.

Kana cleared her throat softly, letting her guard down somewhat now that she knew there was no immediate danger. Timmy actually seemed surprisingly normal, something she wouldn't have expected from a known Hybrid. Now that she knew that, it only made them more dangerous in her mind.

"Sorry for barging in," she muttered to the other two, stepping back toward the door hesitantly. "Your, uh... Your friends are worried about you, so, uh... I'll go get them." Smooth. It was a quick idea, mainly one devised to get her out of there, and she didn't know if she actually would go get Leyla or Nick or anyone else. She turned and took another step toward the door, feeling their eyes on her back without knowing whether or not they were even watching her.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
OOC: Magic has given me permission to control Ace and Toukan for this post....wait, didn't I control one of his characters last post? o_O? Anyway, here's the post!

IC:

~- Relief For A Friend -~

Kitridge nodded in agreement with Nick; it could be a trap, but a part of her didn't think it was the case. Remaining silent she listened as Ace explained, laughing, "Well you see...Rain thinks everyone hates her. And that’s because she hate all but three breakfast burritos. Where she puts it all is a mystery."

She allowed herself a laugh when Rain giggled, having seen the kids through various times on the ship. "Really? That's what this is all about? They don't hate you Rain, if my dad could tolerate me trying to poison him every single time he made me mad, then they'll be able to look past this. Besides, I've done the same thing too, meetings like that are really boring for kids."

Kit was positive she might have earned a couple of looks, but the only one she was focused on was Rain. Noticing the sudden unfocused look on her face, Kit turned her attention to the guys present in the room; remaining silent for several moments she listened as they talked about things. I wonder how Timmy's been doing, he seemed really upset by what Masquerade had said. she thought to herself.

Why should you care about that stuff? Don't tell me that you're falling for him; don't you remember what happened last time?

She mentally waved off the warning; there wasn't any point in acknowledging it. She heard the beginning of a snarky retort in her mind, but Kit brushed it away; instead her attention was drawn to Rain as she took off running out of the room. Sighing, Kit stood up and started to follow the girl as she called over her shoulder, "Sorry Nick, but I want to make sure Rain's okay; we can talk later, 'kay?"

Without another word, Kitridge ran from the room; feeling that Toukan and Ace were hot on her heels, Kit hurried after the younger girl, scanning her surroundings for any trace of the girl that she was searching for; sliding to a stop, she suddenly realized where her feet had taken her and that Kana was sitting right outside of Timmy's bedroom door. "Come on Kit, we've got to find Rain and make sure she's okay!" Ace snapped, a little annoyed with the fact she'd stopped running.

Looking at Ace, startled, Kit nodded and saw a concerned look on Toukan's face. "I'm fine, and I'm sure Rain's fine." She said reassuringly; the last thing they needed was for the adults (well, the closest that this ship HAD to adults, anyway) they trusted to be losing it in front of them. Walking down the corridor, she heard something from Timmy's room and watched as Kana pushed the door open, ready for anything that was on the other side.

“--still there. Weakened. Pushed down and locked up for the time being. But still there. And so are those scars on my heart," a familiar voice said.

Timmy.

She fought back the urge to cry out in happiness; instead Kit hurried to the door and pushed it open, knowing that Toukan and Ace were right behind her. She watched as they went past her to say hello to Rain, Ace even giving her a hug and saying that he was worried about her. She was glad that Rain was safe; Kit didn't have to ask if Timmy meant the Hybrid, she was positive that's what he was talking about.

Remaining silent for several heartbeats, she said softly, "You're okay." Several different hidden meanings were in that one sentence; but what they all were was unknown, even to her.

~- Take A Chance, Roll The Dice -~

Stella stared up at the full moon; the curl of Moonlight Hill seemed to be resting against its swollen face. A smile touched her face as she stared down at her transparent hands, a healthy dose of irony touching the look; it was funny that she'd been turned into a ghost for this world, considering her abilities over illusion. A quick shake of her head followed another rueful smile; she couldn't enjoy the scenery, she'd been ordered to wait here while Sononea decided their next move. Stretching, she hopped down from the top of the hill, feeling the presence of the others near by, all of them were just normal and didn't dictate...

On second thought, there was just one.

The girl that had shadows that coiled across her skin, the same one that could have the darkness answer her beck and call. She knew that it would be crazy to confront the girl by herself, but something about her felt similar to her own powers. Stella shook her head, dismissing the notion that had flashed across her mind with that simple motion; instead she walked toward the wall of the cemetery, a smile spreading across her face. Stella slipped through the stone wall and searched for the area she wished to exit to.

Stepping into the town square, she caught a glimpse again of the girl, knowing that she wouldn't be seen, Stella floated closer.

Who is she? Is she a new addition to Sononea's army? Why do I feel such a dark power resting within her?

~- Just Look Around This Room -~

Aria listened to Masquerade's chatter, yet she didn't add in any commentary. There was nothing to add, not from a mindless puppet. She followed behind Masquerade and Aaron, briefly wondering if the other boy was okay since he wasn't here. He'd always had a stronger will than her; or maybe she was wrong on that thought? She didn't know anymore, and she didn't want to know anymore.

"Come on Rose, you're not honestly giving up are you?"

"What are you doing up so late? You do know that King Cecil's going to be mad if we're late tomorrow, right?"

"It's okay, they'll come back pretty soon, I know it; and as soon as they do everything's going to be okay, you just wait and see. You just have to hold out a little longer, please."

Biting her lip softly, Rose wished that the three guys were there so she could slug them. They always treated her like a child; sure she was one, but still....

Shaking her head, Aria felt a smile start to grace her lips, not even paying attention to the meeting that Sononea was having; instead she did notice when he'd slipped off back to the tent, distracted by something. Aria shook her head for a moment, glancing in Masquerade's direction, she thought to herself, I wonder how the other baddies are doing, and who's Ceal? An odd spark of curiosity shining in her thoughts; sure she'd heard of the man before hand, but she hadn't had a chance to personally meet him.

Reaching a hand up, her gloved fingers curled around the necklace that rested there, the last gift she'd gotten on the night of the Hybrid's assault. She smirked slightly at a joking thing her father had said to her once after the fight with the Creator; he'd meant it in a joking fashion, but it did seem to be the family's motto with how often her parents had done it.

Lie, cheat and deceive.

Repeat until caught, then find a way to get out of the situation alive.

Yeah, that sounded about right for her father.

~- So Much of Her Remains -~

He met the strike head on, steel sliding along steel, as the younger man dropped down from the sky. Shoving back on the teen's lance with his own, the dragoon had just enough time to bring his right arm up, blocking the attack from his second opponent with the shield he held in his hand.

Pushing both of them away, he lept into the air; after a moment, he felt gravity take over and he began the return trip to earth. He let it take him, using the momentum to shove his lance into the ground, creating a shock wave on impact that left the other two staggering.

Kain straitened, watching as Jet and Matt clambered quickly to their feet. Watching the brothers, the older dragoon said softly, "Pathetic. If you had been against an opposing dragoon and not in the practice ring, you would have been dead and not winded. You must remain light on your feet; grounded, but ready to jump at a moments notice. You can't let pain of any sort distract you..."

Kain's words trailed off as he looked from Jet to Matt, seeing himself at their ages all over again. Their nearly identical looks of determination masking the pain that all the Highwinds had been feeling for months now. Kain relaxed his stance, changing from Red Wings Captain and Holy Dragoon into a stern father with a hidden softness in his eyes. When did I turn into my own father?

"We've been going at this all day; take the next hour to rest and get something to eat. I'll see you two later."

Nodding at the two, Kain waited while Jet and Matt returned the gesture before they ran off in the opposite direction. Then, turning on his heel, Kain left the practice yard in the opposite direction, his thoughts going over familiar ground.

Edge had sent Cutter to forge an alliance with another world about three months ago. Truth be told, Kain hadn't thought it was a wise choice to send not only a young girl, but one that had recently lost a good friend on such an important mission. But then again, those ninjas had pretty damn good poker faces, and a girl in her teens would be less likely to be met with hostility in times like these. Didn't change the fact that this was still Edge's daughter they were talking about, though....

Kain hadn't realized that he'd entered the castle until he saw a familiar head of silvery-blond hair just ahead of him. It seemed that Ceodore had seen him too, slowing his pace, the prince nodded to the dragoon and said, "Captain, I hadn't expected to see you right now..."

Kain smiled slightly before saying, "I called a break to the training session. Matt and Jet were heading to get something to eat, if you were interested in talking to them."

Clicking his heels together, Ceodore said quickly, "Thank-you, Captain!" Then he was off to find his friends. Kain shook his head, laughing slightly. The boy really was just as earnest as Cecil; he was glad to see Ceodore finally coming into his own.

But the smile slid from his face as, in the wing that held the residential quarters, he came across one door in particular that stood slightly ajar. Kain's heart froze in his chest, especially when he heard the softest of breaths from the other side of the portal.

Pushing the door further open, he stepped into a room that hadn't been touched in six months. The room looked to belong to a young woman; a hairbrush lay on the vanity, a few strands of blond hair still caught in the bristles gleaming gold in the late afternoon sun streaming through the window. The garments that went under the dragoons armor were in evidence in the closet, but so was the sleeve of a delicate evening dress. Kain remembered how proud she had been when she'd tried the dress on for the very first time; she'd spun around and around, doing a full circuit of the room as he laughed at her delight.

His eyes trailed to the bed, where a woman sat on the neatly made coverlet, staring at the book that was on the pillow while she held a small, framed picture in her lap. Kain was already moving toward her before he even saw the tears in her emerald green eyes.

Reaching the bed, he sat down and, gently, pulled her into her arms. Stroking her hair, he said softly, "Don't cry, Bluebell; please, I can't bear to see you cry."

She turned toward him, her hands curling against his chest as the tears continued to trail down her face. "Why? Girls shouldn't be taken away like that. She was just a baby Kain; my sweet, beautiful baby girl..."

Kain didn't say anything else, he just kept stroking her hair as Bluebell cried into his shoulder. She'd gone through so much; his continual infatuation with Rosa; his betrayal of first Cecil's trust, then her own when he took advantage of her willingness; the necessity of abandoning their family to Cecil's care to keep the boys and Rose safe.

Their history was tainted with so much darkness, but he thought that had been put behind them when they'd come back to help Cecil regain his sense of self and stop the Creator two years ago. He'd gotten to know his sons who had grown up in their absence. Everyone remarked about how much they looked like him, how the dragoon talent had obviously been handed down from father to sons.

And Rose; she'd been the spitting image of her mother. Tiny frame, bright green eyes and golden hair. Kain had been pleasantly surprised to find out that she had chosen the path of dragoon as well, even when her talents favored her mother.

It was a cruel twist of fate then, that had allowed them to grow close as a family, only to lose Rose in an assault by the Hybrid's six months ago. Jet and Matt were still reeling, and it was rare to see Ceodore with the smile that he had earlier. His own heart still ached for his lost daughter. But Bluebell...

Kain was afraid she'd never recover from Rose's death.

Last edited:

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
Soneana had retreated to rest... that didn't happen very often. Green watched their leader show a design pattern for custom made gliders, Ceal it had been a long time since that mans name had been mentioned... the other creator that had returned all the rangers into human form. Green had to admit his sudden disappearance was very odd, for a man to gain so much and suddenly disappear over night didn't sit well in Greens thought process. The sudden explanation from Rixue to Masquerade caught Greens attention.

"Don't sell yourself short Rixue we got plenty of information thanks to you," Green chipped into the conversation. The sudden sound of a portal however changed the attention to a dark armored hybrid the creature stopped in its tracks at the sights of rangers as if waiting for something like a order. The dents and scratched on its armor clearly stating the fact it had been in combat not to long ago.

"Well if it isn't another experiement of the grand hybrids... looks like it was field tested," Green said walking up to the spike armored creature. It held no reaction as Greens helmet released a light wave scanning the beings body. As data started to flash about Greens visor the information he was most interested in was the file that came up last.

"Sadly your a prototype of a "failed" experiement apparently a liquid metal suit project to create the perfect shape shifter... from the looks of it I would say failure was a false term. The chips on its armor haven't healed which means this thing came into contact with a keyblader," though it wasn't clear who Green was talking to as he unleashed this information aloud it was clear Greens curiousity had been peaked.

"Well give me a few hours and I can have this thing mission ready, if that's alright with you White?" While awaiting the leader of the rangers input Green started to configure healing cells that started to correct the missing armor.

Awards
“I was being facetious...” Diamond called quietly after him, a little shocked he was actually going. Poor guy wasn't going to get anywhere like that, though, not with Clare. Chuckling, she turned to Siaowe. “Aw, I wouldn't worry about him, he can't be so heartless as two through two beautiful ladies into space and leave us all alone, can he?” she joked. More seriously, she added, “I'd say you could come with us, because I'd love company that actually responds when I talk, but I don't do that driving. Knowing my sister, she wouldn't want anyone around, really. She's never been much of a social butterfly. I'm honestly shocked she let me come along –and I'm her sister! She may not be hostile, but she's not a ray of sunshine, either.” She laughed again. “But she still manages to be cute, if only in appearance. Pan is adorable in his earnestness, though? You both are. It's really a refreshing change. So...” Diamond got lowered her tone to a whisper. “Are you two together?” Diamond asked with a wink.

Clare, on the other hand, immediately looked up when Pan started heading towards her. She hid any signs of suspicion, of course –one mustn't show their allies if they are not truly trusted, for that gets in the way of later encounters and assistance. Yes, that was a lesson it took over a year to fully get down, but she now had a perfect “poker face” as her sister would call it.

There was nothing in that lesson about allies and friends being synonymous, however.

So when the boy –Panfacag –approached, she offered respectable eye contact but didn't bother faking a smile. "Umm…hi. I'm not sure if Siaowe already told you me name, but in case…" He then offered a handshake. "The name's Panfacag."

“Clarimonda,” Clare responded simply, hesitating at first to take his hand. If it hadn't been included in the lesson than handshakes were a more formal type of physical greeting and that she should offer them at most and at least, she wouldn't have. She consciously tried to make sure her gripe was just as was supposed to be, tight enough to be engaging, but loose enough to show she wasn't trying to bring him to his knees or something. At least, she wasn't now. One, two shakes, and she quickly let go and pulled back. Yes, her mother would get on to her for that part, but the contact really just served to make her uncomfortable. “Do you know where our lodgings are supposed to be? I see no reason to loiter here.”

Awards
Part 16: Bonds Formed

Normally, most people would be flustered and try to deny it, but not Siaowe. "You really think we're adorable? As for being together, no. I'll admit that was the case once, but not anymore. As for Nick, I think he really would, given how pissed off he looked." Siaowe paused for a second. "Also, thanks for allowing us to accompany you. I believe this is the beginning of a…nice band-together."

Meanwhile with Panfacag, Diamond's sister—who had a very inscrutable expression—made eye contact and replied, "Clarimonda." She seems hesitant to shake his hand, but did so regardless, giving only two shakes before pulling away, something he thought was a trace not-friendly. Clarimonda—or Clare as Diamond called her—then asked him where their lodgings were supposed to be.

"Beats me.", Panfacag replied. "When I got here, I just took a random room and crashed in there. I'm not sure if my room has enough space for the four of us, but I guess we can find out. " He then took out the map and made his way to one of the doors. He then stopped and motioned for Siaowe and their acquaintances to follow.

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- A Moment's Grace -~

Hot. She was so hot; her throat felt like she'd swallowed the burning sand of a desert. Her chest burned; she could feel the heat rolling off her skin, striking her in the face. Every step hurt, traveling up past her legs and into her back; pulling and tugging at her skin, threatening to rip her open as she staggered along. Her eyes kept blurring; one moment, the path in front of her was clear, then the next, it would be gone, cobblestones and lamp posts nothing but an indistinct haze to her fever addled brain.

She wanted to rest; she just wanted to curl up on the pavement beneath her feet and sleep for eternity, letting the chill of the stone slowly seep into her and cool her all the way to the bone. But she couldn't. She didn't know why that thought entered her mind, but it was there. One foot in front of the other; take one step, then another. Keep moving, don't lie down, don't sleep; she could sleep later. Right now, she had to keep walking, had to keep going.

Five minutes, five hours, five centuries. Time slipped away from her, losing all meaning as she walked, stumbling along. She didn't know where she was going, she just knew it was away; away from where she had been, each inch further from the pain. Step, step, step; stop, catch her breath. Step, step, step....

Finally, her foot caught on a stone raised above the others; or did the ground decide it was tired of her slow progress? All she knew was that one moment, she was walking on her aimless path; the next, she was on the ground, the rough cobblestone cool beneath her cheek.

For a moment, she thought about getting to her feet. But why? The air up there was so hot; down here, with her skin pressed against the stone, down here was so much cooler, so much more agreeable. Sighing, she closed her eyes, letting the tension drain from her body. Why had she fought it so long? Why not let sleep take her; she'd feel so much better if she could just get some rest, wouldn't she?

Distantly, a soft tapping reached her hearing, like heels clicking on stone. Just a moment, she thought; she'd let darkness take her for just a moment. Just long enough for a short little nap....

The first thing she noticed was how soft the ground had turned beneath her. What? Stone was suppose to be hard; when...?

Her eyes flew open, then squeezed shut again as the light lanced through her eyes straight into her skull, making her head pound. Breathing deeply, she waited for the pain to die; after a moment, when she realized that she ached all over and that that wouldn't change for a while, she opened her eyes again, but much more slowly this time.

The most obvious thing made itself known first; she was in a bed, in someone's home. And she had no idea how she'd gotten there. The next thing she realized was that she wore nothing except her shorts; her torso, shoulders and chest were wrapped in endless bandages, all of which were holding the thick padding of gauze securely against her back; her arms were wrapped in the same bandaging, from just above her elbows all the way to her fingertips. Finally, she realized she was on her stomach; she never slept on her stomach, not unless she flipped over at some time during the night. Pulling her arms under her, she was about to push herself onto her back...

"I wouldn't do that if I were you; you do that, you’re going to jump right out of that bed screaming. And considering that you're about as weak as a new born kitten, you're going to land on the floor in two seconds."

Her eyes instantly flew to the door of the room, looking for the source of the voice. A woman in her thirties stood framed in the doorway, milk chocolate hair pulled back from her face in a tidy braid, leaving the woman's gaze unobstructed as she looked over at her lying on the bed.

She saw the woman's eyes were green streaked with gold, strangely enough. She could see kindness in the lady's eyes, but that kindness was tempered by the stern, no nonsense set of the woman's mouth as she came further into the room. Placing her armful of bandages and ointments on the bedside table, she leaned forward to examine her; placing the back of her hand against the her forehead, the woman said, "Still there, but the fever's down, good; I was starting to fear you were going to cook from the inside out."

She had a million questions running through her head, from who this woman was, what she was doing here and what did she mean about a fever; but the first one out of her mouth was, "Where am I?"

"My house, just off the Fountain Plaza." Seeing the lost, confused look in the her eyes, the woman sighed before adding, "You're new here, aren't you? You're in Traverse Town, dear; this is a safe haven for those that have lost their home world to the darkness."

She heard her, but at the same time, she didn't. The words refused to register in her brain; every time she tried to pin their meaning down, it skittered away from her. It seemed that the woman had seen her struggling to understand her words, because she continued in a tone of gentle steel. "You're sick; between the fever and infection, you're severely dehydrated. And you're in shock; everyone is when they come to Traverse Town. You're going to be numb for a little while, knowing but not understanding what happened to you. Then, as things finally start to sink in, and you feel like you're about to cave under your loss, you're going to have one of two choices to make: either you're going to let the hurt bury you, crushing you under its weight; or you'll learn how to take your pain and use it to push yourself forward. The choice is up to you; but I will let you know right now, only the strong of heart and will make it here, and only the strongest of those continue after the destruction of their world finally catches up to them."

She was quiet for a few moments as the woman set to work, cutting the bandage wrapped around her upper body and carefully peeling it away from her tender back. Her eyes flew wide and she tensed, recalling what the woman had said about infection. Turning her head, she saw her benefactor dabbing ointment on the open cuts on her back; the cuts that the strangely human Heartless had given her. Trying to keep the fear out of her voice, she said softly, "When you said I have an infection, did you mean... am I...?"

"As far as I can see, no Heartless has injected their essence into you, twining their darkness around your heart and taking residence within; so no, I was not referring to the Hybrid infection. However, the Heartless taint isn't the only danger out there. These cuts haven't been taken care of, and have become badly infected. You were almost systemic when I found you; the infection's still bad, and it's deep in the tissue, but you should be past the worst of it."

She felt her tension ease up at the words; she wasn't a monster. Closing her eyes, she let the woman finish her ministrations, then followed her orders as she wrapped fresh bandages around the injury. Once she was satisfied, the woman rose to her feet again as she said, "It's going to scar, and scar badly; but considering how close you came to losing it all, I don't think a few scars are that great a price to pay for your life. My name is Anise Nightsong; you aren't strong enough to go anywhere for the next few weeks, so you're going to stay with me until you're feeling better; we'll decide what to do from there."

She nodded, acknowledging Anise's statements. After a moment, she ventured, "Leyla Terra. Thank-you, Anise, for taking me in."

"Don't thank me yet. You still have a long road ahead of you."

Anise hadn't been kidding when she told Leyla that. It had been three weeks before Anise would let Leyla out of bed for any real length of time; it was another two months before Leyla finally had her full strength back and had gotten use to the tugging of the scars on her back; scars that were every bit as ugly as Anise had promised. The two of them had become close during Leyla's stay, to the point that Anise took Leyla as her apprentice after the girl had recovered, teaching her how to harness her latent abilities for magic while furthering her knowledge of medicinal herbs and salves; Anise had even begun to help Leyla with her aura sight in the months leading up to the loss of Traverse Town.

Leyla knew Anise would be appalled by what she'd done yesterday, about how she'd let her fear cloud her common sense. Closing her eyes, Leyla took a deep breath in, trying to sweep all of her doubts from her mind. "Use your pain to push yourself forward," she whispered, using her Master's words to help clear her mind.

Her eyes flew open when she felt the darkness coiling through the ship. Recognizing some of Timmy's aura intermingled with the oily black of the Heartless, Leyla climbed to her feet and walked out of the training room, following the essence to Timmy's room.

“--still there. Weakened. Pushed down and locked up for the time being. But still there. And so are those scars on my heart"

Leyla's pace picked up when she heard Timmy's voice. He was awake? How was that possible? With all the darkness surrounding him, and the Heartless attacking him from within, she was sure...

"Your, uh... Your friends are worried about you, so, uh... I'll go get them."

Kana's words penetrated Leyla's mind just seconds before the door to Timmy's room opened. Stopping dead in her tracks, Leyla just managed to avoid running into the other girl; green eyes met green for a moment before Leyla backed up a few steps, muttering, "Sorry about that; I didn't mean to almost knock you over."

Leyla was distracted though; looking over Kana's shoulder, she saw Timmy sitting up in bed, Rain just about strangling him and Kit standing by the bed, a relieved smile on the ninja's face. Smiling herself, Leyla couldn't help but laugh softly and quip, "Hey, next time you decide to go the route of Sleeping Beauty, would you mind giving us a little heads up first, Timmy? Otherwise, I don't think true love's kiss will be enough to wake you up, 'cause she's gonna get there too late to save you."

Leyla waited for the inevitable comeback from Timmy, her worries forgotten for just a moment.

(OOC: And for the Sleeping Beauty reference: 1:16 to 1:30)

~- Handling Me Like an Object -~

"Unfortunately, I couldn't have the link tuned in as much as I wanted, I didn't want to run the risk of being caught by someone there. Any questions or suggestions you'd like to give voice to?"

"A pity that you couldn't gain a more secure connection; but then, I suppose that's all that can be expected of a Nobody," Masquerade said sweetly, couching the remark in her trademark honey, causing Illyx to bristle instantly, even though she didn't show any outward sign. Before she could reprimand the Hybrid, Green spoke quickly to Rixue, diffusing the situation, and Illyx let it go for the moment. Looking down, she examined the photo of the glider as she said coolly, "And what of you, Masquerade? Were you able to gather the ones you went off to call?" There was the softest brogue to her words; the accent was the only hint of her agitation, one that was likely to go unnoticed unless the observer knew Illyx well.

Masquerade waved her hand dismissively at Aria as she returned, "The young one strayed for a moment, but as you can see, she has returned. Regrettably, I was unable to convince my other... contact? I was not able to call him to us for our upcoming outing; but then, it seems that those who are not Hybrid need a little more convincing, even with my Kisses. He will join us though; and besides," Masquerade's eyes gleamed now, relishing the thought, "The chase is always the most enjoyable part, wouldn't you agree?"

"Well give me a few hours and I can have this thing mission ready, if that's alright with you White?"

Choosing to ignore Masquerade in favor of Green's question, Illyx nodded her head at her fellow Task Force, saying only, "Be swift, but make certain the work is up to the caliber I have come to expect of you, Green." Then, turning to the rest others, she continued, "As Master Sononea said, Halloween Town will give us the most strategic advantage. We will maneuver these children toward there, but we will seek to defeat them before they land, because even if their ship has strong armor and good artillery, there is only one on their side to face our more numerous, agile vehicles. Get your supplies together and make yourselves ready; we leave at first light."

"Hey White, you'd probably have the same get up as last time. Think you'd be interested in...?"

She cut Brown off before he got too far. "Our plan is to strike them down before they break through the atmosphere, Brown. Perhaps we'll go that route if they manage to get past us; but plans for a ground assault will be made if they actually manage to land."

Plans made, Illyx dismissed the Task Force and began to walk away. Passing by Masquerade, Illyx hissed softly as her accent crept back into her voice, "I care little for what Master Sononea may see in you. These Nobodies are my team; so keep your charms and poisoned honey to yourself."

Then, Illyx walked off, still working on the plans from every angle she could imagine.

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Awards
~Aftermath~

“Your, uh... Your friends are worried about you, so, uh... I'll go get them."

Timmy looked at the girl curiously. He didn’t recognize her. How’d she get on Nick’s ship? He opened his mouth to question her but she vanished, quickly exiting the room. The temptation to follow her was strong and Timmy actually moved in preparation of doing just that but the appearance of a familiar face at the door stopped him in his tracks.

Kit.

"You're okay”

Her voice was soft yet Timmy’s ears easily picked it up. He swallowed uncomfortably, unable to look the ninja in the eyes

“Yeah” he muttered, suppressing a shiver and forcing his suddenly clammy hands to stop trembling.

None of it was real.

He knew that, knew that Kit and Leyla would never hurt him. It was just that damn hybrid trying to mess with him, make him doubt his friends..

“Hey, next time you decide to go the route of Sleeping Beauty, would you mind giving us a little heads up first, Timmy? Otherwise, I don't think true love's kiss will be enough to wake you up, 'cause she's gonna get there too late to save you."

Leyla. Timmy’s throat grew dry and he coughed, hand on his heart as it pounded painfully in his chest, looking up at Leyla before quickly averting his gaze to look at Rain, who was busy being hugged by Ace. Timmy coughed again before swallowing and looking once again at the two girls in the doorway.

“Careful” he smirked at her “You’ll make people think we’re a couple”

Back in Traverse Town Leyla would constantly chastise him for accidently implying that they were some sort of item. Teasing her would do wonders to stop his pounding heart and hopefully his amusement would cancel out his fear that she was going to rush forward and claw out his throat.

He might even be able to stop balling his hand in the covers beside him.

“I’ll just tear it out”

“NO!” Timmy shrank back from the duo, hand flying up to his throat as his back pressed against the headboard. Goosebumps all over his arms as he looked at Leyla with naked fear in his eyes.

“I think its the lump in his throat” He could FEEL the cold steel of Kit‘s kunai tracing down his cheek, the prickle on his throat where she poked it “It made him croak before you know”

“Pathetic”

Laughter bounced around his skull and Timmy shook his head, eyes squeezed shut. Thanatos just didn’t know when to quit!! He lost the battle and now he was trying to...to...

Timmy’s eyes snapped open. Thanatos was locked up. Bound. Gagged. None of his influence could get to Timmy. The darkness wasn’t forcing fear into Timmy’s soul. Wasn’t making him relieve the nightmare.

He was simply afraid of them now.

Like a child frightened of the monsters in his closet. Or the boogyman.

Timmy was AFRAID of his surrogate best friend and newest friend.

Suddenly the room seemed much smaller. Tighter.

“I need to go” He said, scrambling clumsily out of the bed and pushing his way out of the room and nearly running down the hallway. He didn’t pay attention to where his feet where going but before too long he came to a stop, breathing heavily and staring at the wall in front of him.

Awwwwwww. Are you hurt?

“Its always something with me isn’t it?” Timmy let out a disgusted chuckle as he slid down into a sitting position “I’m always either too angry or too sad or too scared..”

Hybrids could never catch a break.

~To the stars~

Aaron smirked as he entered the warehouse.

The plans had been made. The rangers were getting ready for tomorrow’s assault (even Blue, who seemed outraged that his report had been brushed aside) and now it was time for Aaron to blast his traitorous best friend out of space. At first light tomorrow.

and this ship, stolen of course, was perfect for the job.

“You should know Timmy” he chuckled “That hybrids like you...never catch a break”

OOC: The ship’s red and black, without the robot.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Whispers of Ghosts -~

Stella saw the way the girl stared at the guillotine, lost in thought; it seemed like she was entertaining the idea of something, an idea Stella was rather certain she didn't want to know the full details of. It wasn't until the other girl moved that Stella drifted closer, silently watching the girl as she headed back toward the graveyard. Remaining far enough behind so she couldn't be sensed, she noticed the way the girl kept looking over her shoulder and muttering to herself, almost like she wasn't quite sane. Stella nearly stopped her pursuit because of this; but she shook her head and quickly followed her target, not ready to lose sight of her.

"No, not yet, not yet; keep moving forward."

Stopping in her tracks, Stella cocked her head to the side in confusion; what could this girl be talking about that resulted in that kind of response? Realizing she'd fallen behind, Stella yelped and ran forward, her feet slapping against the cobbled stones of the square. Weaving between the various witches, demons and vampires that she'd encountered; she passed through one and felt them shiver, whip around and try to find what had caused the sudden chill. She felt a brief pang of guilt at their discomfort before she brushed it away and continued to race after the light-haired girl.

She raced past the graveyard, past Moonlight Hill until she reached an area with a hole in the ground. Slowing her pace to a lazy walk, Stella froze as the girl spun around and glared in her direction, her eyes suddenly darkening as darkness slipped into them. Taking advantage of her invisibility, Stella bolted over to a stone wall and crouched behind it, only for her muscles to tense as the girl snapped, "I know you're there; if it's an invisibility spell I suggest you drop it right now."

That made Stella raise an eyebrow; so the girl sensed her presence but couldn't see her? She mildly wished that it was an invisibility spell, but she knew it wasn't; so instead of answering Stella chose to stay hidden; good thing too, because next thing both the girls knew a high-pitched, delighted squeal pierced the air and the visible of the two girls had gotten glomped, a look of horror and surprise mingling together on the recipient's face.

"Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi! Who are you? Where are we? My name's Sasha Mythrose by the way, it's nice to meet you!"

Stella peeked over the ledge to see a girl with blue hair and lilac-point Siamese ears; this was a rather surprising turn of events, and yet something about that scene made Stella glad that she was clearly a ghost instead of being something else in this world. A secretive smile spread across her face as she laughed silently, Oh man, do I feel sorry for her! Although, who the her is? I don't know!

~- You Might Not Like Where I'm Going... -~

Brown listened to the instructions in silence, not even contributing anything to the discussion. It's not like there was much he could contribute anyway; he heard Sononea snap at Pink and instantly felt a defensive comment come to the front of his mind. "Sir, it's not Pink's fault that she's the voice of reason!" After that quick defensive comment, Brown tuned everyone out again; he didn't want to be here, he just wanted to get away from them, a feeling that seemed to be running rampant in the group.

He listened to Green reassure Purple that she did a good job, and even listened to him ask White for permission to leave so he can plan, which he got. Not even waiting for the "Okay," Larxen slipped away to prepare for the up coming assault on the keybladers and their allies. Ceal had disappeared, Sononea was a wreck, Illyx and Rixue were tense because of Masquerade among other issues, Illyx to the point that her origins was creeping into her voice; Larxen was seriously hoping that the Task Force wasn't heading for disaster on this mission.

Coming across a semi-normal hill, Brown sat down and summoned a guitar to him; tuning it for the areas where it was needed, Brown soon started playing a too familiar melody. One that he knew Rixue would recognize, although he doubted the others would recognize it right off the bat. For awhile it was just the music that drifted into the air, but as he got more and more into it, Brown found himself singing along to the melody.

"I'm a man of my convictions.
Call me wrong, call me right.
But I bring my better angels to every fight.
You may not like where I'm going,
but you sure know where I stand.
Hate me if you want to, love me if you can.
"

He shook his head at that, knowing that those words were too true at the moment to be just one of his favorite songs to sing. Staring up at the darkened sky, Brown continued playing the song that he'd started and then after a few moments of hesitation, continued to sing it, hoping that maybe someone would understand the truth behind the words. Why does it seem like all we ever do is cause destruction? Can we even become whole after everything we've done? Should we even long to become complete? he thought to himself, being extremely careful not to tip anyone off on his inner thoughts.

~- The Cold Pouring Rain -~

“Hey, next time you decide to go the route of Sleeping Beauty, would you mind giving us a little heads up first, Timmy? Otherwise, I don't think true love's kiss will be enough to wake you up, 'cause she's gonna get there too late to save you."

Kitridge saw the flash of fear in Timmy's eyes at the sound of Leyla's gentle barb; so instead of remaining in the way, she moved toward the wall, hiding over there so as to not get in the way. Keeping her face downward, she listened to any comments that flew through the air, not quite sure what to say. Looking back up at Timmy for a brief second, she saw the pure terror in his eyes; it didn't sit well with her, but it sat even worse when Timmy shouted, “NO!”

Flinching at the sound, Kit almost took a step toward him, but the way he recoiled from her and Leyla made her freeze. She hadn't known him for long, but something about seeing Timmy this deathly afraid of Leyla bothered Kit. Taking a step back, she tried to make herself as small as possible to prevent Timmy from freaking out anymore, but it didn't matter; Timmy quickly flew from the room in a blind panic.

Staring after him in silence, Kit shook her head and looked around at everyone. "So, now what? I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm going to hit up the kitchen, get dinner done to the point it just needs to be plated and reheated and then I'm going to get some sleep." Kit didn't bother waiting for a reply, instead she turned on her heel and made her way out of the room; turning in the direction of the kitchen she headed that way, but her mind wandered elsewhere.

The ship felt too crowded, everyone was on edge and anxious because of the threat the Maenads posed; to make things worse, Cecil was unconscious from the fight back in Baron, so Ceodore was antsy and nervous. Hearing footsteps behind her, Kit spun around to see Amethyst, a girl who wore her Lunarian heritage with pride. The other girl's silvery-blond hair hung to her shoulders in soft waves, while her violet eyes held Kit's own blue-violet gaze; the faintest vein of darkness starting to slip into the other girl's eyes, a sign of her stress.

Looking away, Kit glanced around the cockpit of the spaceship; Kain had put it on autopilot so he could head to the residential quarters to get some rest. Almost as if she'd read her mind, Amethyst said, "You should get some sleep Kit; you've been put through a lot recently, what with your home being set on fire and all."

Kit exhaled softly and focused back on Ame, ignoring the dark wash jeans and long sleeved black t-shirt that the Lunarian-Human girl wore. "I've been put through no more than you have; matter of fact, if anyone should get some rest it should be you, Ame."

Kit knew that it wouldn't sit well with Ame, but it was the truth; the girl was the closest thing they had to contact Cecil mentally, based on her powers alone. Almost like she understood, Amethyst shook her head and said coolly, "You know Uncle Cecil wouldn't like it, and father wouldn't approve of it! Besides, there's
too much darkness clinging to him right now; Byakurai's seriously screwed with Uncle Cecil's head. I'm worried about him." Kit didn't have to hear the worry in the girl's voice, nor see the totally shattered look in the girl's eyes to know that the words Ame spoke was how she felt.

Amethyst adored Cecil and thought of him as her hero; the only one that surpassed him in that was Golbez.

A sympathetic look coming to her eyes, Kit took a step forward and put her hand on Ame's arm, trying to give her friend a form of comfort. "Hey, don't worry about Cecil, he'll get through this and be back to himself; just wait and see." She said reassuringly; but the sad, wishful smile that flitted across Ame's face did nothing to back up Kit's claims. Yet what was said next made Kit's heart stop for a few seconds.

"You're right, but what price will have to be paid first?"

Kit shook her head, dismissing the memory from her mind. Wrapping her arms around herself, she stood in the hallway for several moments, trying to chase away the chill on her skin. "Could that be the reason why his fear's getting to me so much? Could it be because Timmy reminds me of Cecil?" She whispered. Shaking her head, the ninja frowned angrily and shoved her emotions back into the glass jar that they were contained in. Suddenly remembering what she was supposed to be doing, Kit stopped hugging herself and mumbled, "Right, get dinner ready, and then hit the pillows."

With that said and done, Kit hastily continued on her path to the kitchen.

Key Wielder

Awards
Was there no end to her embarrassment today?

Kana had thought she could make a clean getaway, but instead she got caught twice, making it an even number of four who actually saw her face turning such a spectacular shade of red. Fleeing the scene while they were distracted with Timmy, Kana let her feet take her back in the direction she'd become accustomed to: the cargo hold.

Honestly, what had she been thinking? Rushing in there like an idiot to make sure a little girl wasn't getting mauled to death by a Hybrid... Was she going to punch his lights out to stop him? It just kept sounding more and more stupid as she saw herself moving in her mind's eye, throwing open the door and barging in madly. The belated anxiety made her chest heavy and sore, almost as if she cared what they thought of her. Well, in a sense, she supposed she did--she would have gotten herself kicked off the ship otherwise. Still, there was no use dwelling on things that couldn't be undone. She'd made the mistake of--she hardly dared to think it--caring, and now she would put it behind her and learn from her mistakes.

Kit's voice echoed down the hall about food and rest, telling Kana she should stay away from the kitchen. There was a shout and the sound of running footsteps behind her, but she didn't stop this time to investigate. This ship was getting way too loud for her liking, and oddly enough it wasn't all the new arrivals making the racket.

Kana turned a corner and strode down the hallway until she came to a steel door a few corridors away from Timmy's room. Turning the handle, she entered the now familiar cargo hold and looked around. There was no need to hide anymore, but this was the only place she was likely to get any peace and quiet (not to mention the fact that she didn't want to take a room that someone else may have claimed--there were no limits to the humiliation she was subjecting herself to today, after all), and she doubted anyone would come looking for her here. Instead of hiding behind one of the larger pieces of machinery, though, she threw her bag up onto a row of crates and climbed up. Once she had spread out a blanket from her bag, she lay down on top of it and stared at the dark ceiling. Sleep would be difficult to find.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- I Know What You Do to Yourself -~

“Careful. You’ll make people think we’re a couple.”

Leyla scoffed, levity chasing away her concern. "Please, as if I'd ever..."

“NO!”

Her words died in her throat as Timmy cried out, shrinking against the headboard, his hand flying to his throat. Gray shot through his aura, darkening and muddying his colors with each shiver that wracked his body. With a start, Leyla realized he was afraid; he was afraid of Kit.

Afraid of her.

“I need to go.”

Leyla stood rooted to the spot, unable to move as Timmy skirted around her, giving both her and Kit as much space as he could before he bolted out the door. Her eyes glued to the floor, she heard Kit say something after a moment about dinner, but she sounded distant, like Leyla's ears were filled with cotton and she was under water. Even after the room cleared out, Leyla stood there, staring sightlessly at the floor.

What had happened? Was it something she'd said? Something she'd done? She thought back to the other day, to how she'd lost herself to her own fear and then the encounter with Masquerade. Had it been her actions in any of those fights?

Or was it doubts stemming from another source?

Spinning on her heel, Leyla reached for the door, her mind made up. She knew fear; knew heart stopping, bone chilling terror, the kind that froze you in place, making it nearly impossible to breath, let alone think coherently. Maybe, she could help him, ferret out the cause of his fear...

There's nothing you can do for him; your presence will just make it worse.

For once, Leyla couldn't argue against her doubts. Folding her raised hand against her chest, she curled her gloved fingers, catching the fabric of her shirt in her fist. She'd helped him through a lot of things, but never something like this; it hurt her to realize that she couldn't do anything this time, because she didn't know how to deal with Timmy being scared of her.

Slower this time, Leyla left the room, almost floating as she drifted down the corridors. For a moment, her steps faltered as she felt Timmy's aura down a branching hall; but after a moment, she continued on her path, leaving him to his solitude.

Reaching the room she shared with Kit, Leyla stepped inside, shut the door softly behind her, then leaned against the closed portal, sighing. She knew she should probably get dinner; at the very least, Kit would appreciate the help, and Leyla hadn't eaten once since before the fiasco the day before. But she wasn't hungry; the thought of food turned her stomach, and she couldn't find the energy to try and work the idea into being appetizing.

Slowly, Leyla shed her coat; laying the garment across a chair, she hooked her toes against the back of one of her boots, using the leverage to wiggle her foot out. Repeating the procedure with the other boot, she slid the foot wear beneath the desk; gliding across the floor on stockinged feet, she sat down on the edge of the bed as she pulled her bag with the salve out. Taking a moment to reapply the poultice and change the bandaging on her arm, she then laid down, closing her eyes as she released a deep sigh. Just a moment, she promised herself; she'd rest for just a moment, then go get something for dinner.

Her body had other ideas though; exhaustion, injury and insufficient rest having taken their toll, Leyla was sound asleep within minutes, curled up on the bed. She didn't hear Kit come in, didn't feel it when the ninja yanked Leyla's sheet over her or got into her own bed. All Leyla knew was the darkness of Morpheus as she sank further into much needed, dreamless slumber.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back