• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Series Memorial Ultimania Releasing on October 2!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This is definitely something worth to get excited about, even more so if they will finally get an international version of this going. ^__^

Hoping Square reveals an international verison of this during E3. I've been dreaming of a KH Hyrule Historia for a while now. To see it come true only to have it be entirely in Japanese would be heartbreaking. I'd still buy it anyway, but I'd just stare at the pictures and have no idea what it says.

Again, that's only assuming this is a "Hyrule Historia" of KH. It may very well just be a giant summary of all previous Ultimanias meant to help newbies or confused fans catch up on stuff.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Again, that's only assuming this is a "Hyrule Historia" of KH. It may very well just be a giant summary of all previous Ultimanias meant to help newbies or confused fans catch up on stuff.

Even that would be much more than they ever gave the western audience up to now.
Most of the important plot interviews can only be looked up on KH fansites like KHInsider so far, which not even every vivid fan of the series knows about and I'm not even starting about the casuals.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Even that would be much more than they ever gave the western audience up to now.
Most of the important plot interviews can only be looked up on KH fansites like KHInsider so far, which not even every vivid fan of the series knows about and I'm not even starting about the casuals.

Very true, actually. Well, if this doesn't get internationalized, or we don't get "our version" of this, then I'm importing for sure. $30 bucks is a steal for something of this kind of awesome. However, I sincerely hope Square heard our pleas in that survey and give the rest of us one of these bad boys. My wallet is ripe for the picking. Don't even care how much, I'm dropping down on the priciest CE of 2.5 that they reveal.

Because since Japan is getting multiple CE's and FFX/X-2 had 3 different options, I'm assuming they'll do the same with this as well. And it'll be a Square online store exclusive, no doubt.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I did ask for something along this topic too, maybe they got enough answers asking about this to actually give it a shot, lol.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
My hero! I don't know why I didn't think to ask for it.

I've wanted one for a loooooooong time. The day I got my copy of Hyrule Historia one of my first thoughts was "Damn, imagine them doing this for Kingdom Hearts!" And so, I more or less entered that into the survey as a winkwink nudgenudge wishful thinking type of suggestion, but I guess they agreed with the idea. Still doubtful of it coming stateside though. It's an Ultimania. The description even says "Catch up on the series before Kingdom Hearts III". I bet it's just a "recap" edition of all the old Ultimanias.

However, it wouldn't be recap for everyone else, given none of us have ever gotten an Ultimania. So, I still want it. Like, really badly.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I will only be excited for this if we get an English version. (I still think it's awesome, though.)

Gram

Banned
Awards
I will only be excited for this if we get an English version. (I still think it's awesome, though.)

Ditto. All I've wanted for ages is an english version of the ultimania covering everything covered in past ultimanias as well as interviews. (of course dont want others left out either but you'll all have to forgive me because an english one is all I care about)~

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I wouldn't count on an English version. Don't know why, but I feel like Ultimanias will always be a Japan exclusive thing. I almost want this more than 2.5 itself, but I'm not optimistic for us getting this with our LE/CE version of 2.5.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's true that Ultimania has always been printed and published in Japanese thus far, but who knows? That survey conducted by SE NA a few months back might indicate to them that we are interested in getting Ultimania(s) translated. If the opinion on this matter was strong enough, they might actually consider translating this new Ultimania into English.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It's true that Ultimania has always been printed and published in Japanese thus far, but who knows? That survey conducted by SE NA a few months back might indicate to them that we are interested in getting Ultimania(s) translated. If the opinion on this matter was strong enough, they might actually consider translating this new Ultimania into English.

I would hope so. After all, I was one of the people who asked specifically for something like this in that survey, so it'd be great to have my suggestion actually come true, considering I've wanted this kind of thing since before 1.5 was even announced.

I guess we'll find out during E3. They said "everything under the sun" will be revealed about 2.5 during E3. Hopefully, they mean literally everything, including collector bundles, box art, and the fact that they also decided to include remastered cutscenes for Dream Drop Distance.

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This Ultimania being so small isn't so surprising imo. It may cover the whole series, but it's bringing us "never before seen" stuff. With all the other Ultimanias already out, how much more can this one cover?

I ain't complaining though, a new Ultimania is always much obliged. I asked for them as well in the survey and with this one only being thirty dollars, I might actually buy it even if it's not translated. I love new concept art but I think we haven't gotten an abundance in a while.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Exactly this^
It's enough to at least hope on. (while at the same time not holding breaths)

I would hope so. After all, I was one of the people who asked specifically for something like this in that survey, so it'd be great so have my suggestion actually come true, considering I've wanted this kind of thing since before 1.5 was even announced.

This Ultimania being so small isn't so surprising imo. It may cover the whole series, but it's bringing us "never before seen" stuff. With all the other Ultimanias already out ther, how much more can this one cover?

I also asked for something along those lines.

Xagzan

Awards
I just hope it has explanations for all the unnecessarily outstanding questions DDD raised -_-

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This Ultimania being so small isn't so surprising imo. It may cover the whole series, but it's bringing us "never before seen" stuff. With all the other Ultimanias already out ther, how much more can this one cover?

I ain't complaining though, a new Ultimania is always much obliged. I asked for them as well in the survey and with this one only being thirty dollars, I might actually buy it even if it's not translated. I love new concept art but I think we haven't gotten an abundance in a while.

I sure hope it's a lot more "never before seen" than the 1.5 artbook xD

I just hope it has explanations for all the unnecessarily outstanding questions DDD raised -_-

Pretty sure KH3 will answer all those.

Xagzan

Awards
I sure hope it's a lot more "never before seen" than the 1.5 artbook xD

Pretty sure KH3 will answer all those.

Ehh some of them really should have been answered in DDD, particularly the ones necessary to comprehending the plan they were ostensibly revealing to us. Hard to be awed and appreciate the full impact when you're going "wait, what did he do?" IE, Sora asks YX how Ansem knew he and Riku would be coming back to DI on that night. YX replies "Simple"...and proceeds to not answer the question. So by having him say Simple, the game was apparently telling us it was providing an answer, but then doesn't, and I still have no clue, even though the game implies I should. I can't imagine they'll retouch on something like that in KH3. There's other stuff too, like what TX remembered, or how much he remembered, or when - stuff pertaining to his amnesia that seems strange to keep secret once they blew the door open on his big master plan.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Please keep in mind that the older Ultimania served as guide books for their respective games and not just for art and interviews. As this one is not a guide book but purely for interviews and art, it's definitely going to be smaller.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Ehh some of them really should have been answered in DDD, particularly the ones necessary to comprehending the plan they were ostensibly revealing to us. Hard to be awed and appreciate the full impact when you're going "wait, what did he do?" IE, Sora asks YX how Ansem knew he and Riku would be coming back to DI on that night. YX replies "Simple"...and proceeds to not answer the question. So by having him say Simple, the game was apparently telling us it was providing an answer, but then doesn't, and I still have no clue, even though the game implies I should. I can't imagine they'll retouch on something like that in KH3. There's other stuff too, like what TX remembered, or how much he remembered, or when - stuff pertaining to his amnesia that seems strange to keep secret once they blew the door open on his big master plan.

Remember how right after Xehanort says "Simple", Kairi flys out from the Secret Place and Sora screams her name and tries to catch her? Him saying "Kairi" is an implication that Xehanort knew Sora would be there because he would want to protect Kairi.

Please keep in mind that the older Ultimania served as guide books for their respective games and not just for art and interviews. As this one is not a guide book but purely for interviews and art, it's definitely going to be smaller.

Very true. In fact, last night I checked my copy of Hyrule Historia and it's 240 pages, if one doesn't count the little manga section at the end. So, this Ultimania is 16 pages longer than HH. So, if this thing gets localized, it'll be more than long enough to cover what it needs to, artwork and all.

Xagzan

Awards
Remember how right after Xehanort says "Simple", Kairi flys out from the Secret Place and Sora screams her name and tries to catch her? Him saying "Kairi" is an implication that Xehanort knew Sora would be there because he would want to protect Kairi.

Wasn't he asking about Ansem's foreknowledge that Sora and Riku would be returning from the future to enter the Sleeping Worlds, which is why he was waiting there after visiting YX? Kairi's presence doesn't explain that.

Gram

Banned
Awards

And yet hold so much more~ ;u;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back