• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

-Kingdom Hearts Project- TCG/Playing Cards

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFelineFive

Alright everyone. This is serious business. I am only willing to do this if I can get some help seeing as I am not very smart.

I found a website that prints all kind of cards. Playing cards, tarot cards, small little cards etc. Now I don't know if everyone remembers but I'm sure most of you know about that Kingdom Hearts Trading Card Game that they used to make. I have a deck of my own but I never had anyone to play with so I don't even know how to play it.

I want to make my own. Something simple but fun that anyone can pick up and play the same way you would a deck of playing cards. I also would like to design some Kingdom Hearts themed playing cards. I've seen a few already online but they are really lame to me.

So if anyone has any ideas. Any ideas at all. Please reply to this thread. I appreciate your input and would love to hear if anyone is interested in being like my partner or something. We can be a little team!

Before I get really to in to this, I will patiently wait for your replies and I promise you if we start on this it will become a reality! Thank You anyone who took the time to hear me out!

Sakura

The card looks so simple yet elegant and nice layout!
Just hope you don't get into trouble with copyrighting and stuff, but you should be fine if it is like an online thing c:
I'm not really good at card game ideas, but I support you and think you have a great idea and I wish you success!

TheFelineFive

Thank you so much! I wont get in trouble if I print these out because I'm not going to be selling them in bulk for money. At least I don't think I will get in trouble 0,0

Gram

Banned
Awards
Card looks pretty cool, like what a trading card would look like. =3
Have you thought up maybe adding magic cards and support ones like on chain of memories? C=

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Thank you so much! I wont get in trouble if I print these out because I'm not going to be selling them in bulk for money. At least I don't think I will get in trouble 0,0

Definitely could. Selling them at all could get you in huge trouble. You don't own those characters, so you have no right to make products based on them unless you ran it through SE and Disney first.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It does look good, I'd suggest using different symbols of heartless, unverse, nobodies and dream eaters. Oh, make sure the background behind Sora or anyone in the future is clear too. Ooh, maybe have checkers in the background for Roxas! =D That would look terrific.

The card you've shown looks great, but, hope to see more like it in the future. Improvised a bit too.

TheFelineFive

-UPDATE-
Someone actually was kind enough to help me with the game-play mechanics so I made a few new updates to the cards. Check out these samples!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Wow, I really like the symbols in the corner of each card. It looks more classy and put together. Including the back drops! 8D How many cards are you planning on doing altogether? The heartless card is my favorite out of all of them so far!

TheFelineFive

Wow, I really like the symbols in the corner of each card. It looks more classy and put together. Including the back drops! 8D How many cards are you planning on doing altogether? The heartless card is my favorite out of all of them so far!

Well enough player cards to have some variety. I am going to make 54 right now to see how they come out when I get them printed. It's going to be a pick up and play game like UNO considering the fact that it's not something people can pick up at a store and buy packs for better cards or anything. There wont be personal decks. Just a large stock pile.

What we have so far is this;
-Each player picks 5 player cards. That will be your team. To make it more interesting I suppose you can shuffle the player cards and choose at random. Also possible for more than 2 people to play if you want.
-Object of the game is to defeat your opponents entire team.
-Flip a coin to see who goes first
-Playing around with this idea, each of your players gets one action, you have five cards in your hand from the deck so if you have an equipment card you can attach it to your character then draw another card and move on to the next characters action. You can attack or heal (if you have the card) or discard one card and draw another and that ends your action for that character.
-Once all your characters have done their actions its the other persons turn and so on.
-Every character will probably have a weapon or magic card that they will benefit from using. For example if you attack with the kingdom key using Sora then it will do an extra 15 damage.
-Accessories might give you bonus for attacking or using magic or support
-Remember it all gets drawn at random so its fair and you can get lucky or un-lucky

What do you think about all that?
Do you like this idea: If you have Blizzard you can use it. If you draw Blizzara then you have to also have blizzard in your hand to use it but it will be worth it because it will be double the power? Blizzaga X3

I dont know. I think I might do that to add more luck to the game. I jdont want it to get complicated.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Wow! *o* I'm really diggin the Roxas and Kairi cards. I like how Roxas and Sora's cards are balanced out as well, one has more attack but the other has more hp.

TheFelineFive

Wow! *o* I'm really diggin the Roxas and Kairi cards. I like how Roxas and Sora's cards are balanced out as well, one has more attack but the other has more hp.

Thank you! I fixed the Riku card though. I had to give him a little more attack than Sora.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I love the concept of it being like UNO! It'd be a fun game and I totally understand the gust of how it would work! C: It's a fantastic idea!
Wow, 54 cards is a lot for one deck.

Roxas and Riku are amazing! I like that you put the checker pattern behind Roxas and has a higher attack count. Riku makes Kairi and Sora come together with all them being from Destiny Island. :)

TheFelineFive

I love the concept of it being like UNO! It'd be a fun game and I totally understand the gust of how it would work! C: It's a fantastic idea!
Wow, 54 cards is a lot for one deck.

Roxas and Riku are amazing! I like that you put the checker pattern behind Roxas and has a higher attack count. Riku makes Kairi and Sora come together with all them being from Destiny Island. :)

Thank you! Players wont have their own decks so there needs to be a huge stockpile of cards!

TheFelineFive

Besides attack and defense does your cards have any specials?

No. It would be more interesting maybe to ad special effects to each card but I'm trying to keep it simple and pretty to look at so I want to avoid clutter as well as too many rules that could make it confusing. I wouldn't want to accidentally create loopholes with card effects. It's a lot easier on my brain when there's less to worry about.

Gram

Banned
Awards
No. It would be more interesting maybe to ad special effects to each card but I'm trying to keep it simple and pretty to look at so I want to avoid clutter as well as too many rules that could make it confusing. I wouldn't want to accidentally create loopholes with card effects. It's a lot easier on my brain when there's less to worry about.
Makes sense, simplicity is often a better route.

TheFelineFive

Just another update to show you I have been working hard on this. I got about 26 character cards finished. Here are a few.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back