• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kaseykockroach

Awards
So...in hindsight, why did Terra's armor beat the living bejeesus out of Sora Donald and Goofy just for passing through a portal? Surely Sora will want to ask him that in the future.

Sora: Your armor was such a jerk.

Perkilator

Awards
So...in hindsight, why did Terra's armor beat the living bejeesus out of Sora Donald and Goofy just for passing through a portal? Surely Sora will want to ask him that in the future.

Sora: Your armor was such a jerk.
Because he (I assume) saw the Recusant’s Sigil on Sora and (obviously) mistook him for Xehanort.

Guernsey

Awards
I really don't like how every needs to entire into the larger story especially when it feels very contrived and bloated as it is. Do some of the games need to tie into each other?

Riruru

When Larxene threw a bit of snow at Sora and suddenly he, Donald, and Goofy were in an ice labyrinth that took an hour to get out of.

Perkilator

Awards
When Larxene threw a bit of snow at Sora and suddenly he, Donald, and Goofy were in an ice labyrinth that took an hour to get out of.
Let’s give that cutscene a quick breakdown, shall we?
-Ice, not snow? ✔️
-Electrical manipulation of said ice?✔️
-The ice falling around SDG like a wall?✔️
-The wall forcing them into the labyrinth?…Well, not sure how to explain that one.

But what actually happened was way more than “here, have some snow. Oops, never mind, you’re trapped, lol.”

Anyways, I think it was a missed opportunity in KH2 that Sora didn’t say something like “That makes two Jack Skellingtons” when he say Jack Sparrow become a skeleton during the second visit to Port Royal.

Riruru

-Ice, not snow? ✔️
-The wall forcing them into the labyrinth?…Well, not sure how to explain that one.

But what actually happened was way more than “here, have some snow. Oops, never mind, you’re trapped, lol.”

I'm not sure you understand what a nitpick is.

Soldier

Awards
-Ice, not snow? ✔️
Actually, ice can be manipulated by electricity because of the frozen water molecules within it. It's the same reason why in a lot of megaman games, the Ice and thunder bosses share weaknesses.

Guernsey

Awards
There is something about Ansem's apprentice betrayal story that bugs me. It is implied that Ansem the Wise apprentices betrayed him and became evil but later games would erase that part out due to the organization becoming popular.

Perkilator

Awards
There is something about Ansem's apprentice betrayal story that bugs me. It is implied that Ansem the Wise apprentices betrayed him and became evil but later games would erase that part out due to the organization becoming popular.
They technically didn’t erase that. DDD showed they wanted to atone, even though it’s never directly said.

In the Toy Box, after the LGM’s are saved, Buzz has a weird lament about how they don’t belong in Galaxy Toys, and then gameplay. I think I would’ve preferred if it cut through fading to Buzz taking role at the entrance, only to find then Rex is missing again.

Guernsey

Awards
Another nitpick for me would the "death" scenes, I know it isn't the point of what the series i sdoing but I really how death is cheap for the protagonists.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
- When Heartless and Nobody are defeated, heart and body of a person return free and the person is recompleted
- Master Xehanort lost his body in BbS in a relatively unrelated matter regarding the whole Terranort and Xemnas business
- So his body was technically free, and his heart was within Ansem SoD
- So when Ansem SoD was defeated in KH1, both Master Xehanort's heart and body were free

But we don't see recompleted Master Xehanort until DDD.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I would love a KH game more like a Soulsborne clone; not so much in its tone, but in the idea that each enemy has the potential to end you if you don't plan for it or implement a strategy for it. This is what I loved about End of the World in Kingdom Hearts: Invisibles were TOUGH! Think about this: Darkballs could sponge your attacks and then a group could rush you and possibly end your career as a Keyblade Wielder, angel stars could potentially go invincible and give opportunities to other enemies to rush behind them and fight you, and you couldn't afford to just sponge damage from invisibles and mash. There was a lot of enemies like that, and I wish we could see even more.

Neverland, End of the World, and Hollow Bastion were all really good about this in the game, rewarding you for parrying enemy attacks and countering. Most enemies now? I don't really feel it. In DDD there's NO enemy that has a counter against your balloon spells, for example. In BbS, seeker mine could pm be used in any situation to get out safe. In Kingdom Hearts II, the battle of 1,000 heartless, while being cinematic and satisfying, feels more at home in a Dynasty Warriors game than anything else. In Re:Chain, the strategy lies in the cards you use, not the enemies you're facing (unless it's some boss battles).

Why don't these enemies do ANYTHING that can counter you? This bugs me a bit, not gonna lie. I want each and every enemy to feel threatening, like if they wanted to kill me they could, keyblade in hand or not. Leave enemy swarming to shadows and stuff, but when I'm mowing down an entire army of heartless I shouldn't feel like the boss battle before it was way harder.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
latest

Does this count as a Kingdom Hearts nitpick?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe it would have been better if they just picked a different animal for him

Can you imagine if Pete did Atlantica in KH2? "Shudders"

I can see Pete being a whale.

A nitpick I have is the videos/cutscenes in KH III are somewhat confusing (not in the usual KH way).

Unless you watched Tangled, the whole satchel being with Rapunzel on the boat/Flynn's real name/other story elements doesn't really make sense. The only thing that is clarified is his name at the end of the world.

The Anna flashback scene (featuring Do You Wanna A Build A Snowman) was edited horribly. They need to patch that and have the song play softer, so Anna's audio is louder.

Back