• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Athena_KH3.png

Name a pointless Disney character in the series than Athena's owl.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Athena_KH3.png

Name a pointless Disney character in the series than Athena's owl.
Well it's not like Athena did anything in the game either. Just a cameo to show one of the gods of Olympus. The owl on her shoulder is basically an accessory to her outfit rather then a actual character in the game.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The owl actually has its roots in the original greek mythology as it is considered a symbol of wisdom and being the Goddess of Wisdom is one of the aspects Athena embodies.

So strictly spoken this owl is neither an actual character nor an accessory, it's a symbol.
But tbh I forgot if it had an actual personality in the original Hercules movie either.

Chie

Awards
It is funny though, when talking about dropped characters I would usually say something like "the reason they don't just throw Seifer or Selphie or someone in the back of a cutscene as a cameo is because they'd have to model them, in the more time-consuming newer art style, just for a few seconds of screentime", but that's exactly what they did for Hermes, Apollo and Athena, so maybe it's not that expensive for them to do after all.

Guernsey

Awards
Re:Coded could have used a remake as it was the most balanced command deck game in the franchise.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Re:Coded could have used a remake as it was the most balanced command deck game in the franchise.
Re:Coded was also just really fun varied. Story aside, I think it was a great little game.

Guernsey

Awards
I forgot about that. I just wanted to play Re:Coded in HD pr at least on a console. Re:Coded was a good game.

Chie

Awards
I think there are many reasons why it's like that, though. Namely that X is a story in which everything - the conflict, the setting, the supposed premise - are all artificial and arbitrary.

I'd go as far as to suggest that the Disney worlds paradoxically originated from the Book of Prophecies. MoM says, "Nobody can erase the stories - the worlds - that live on in the hearts of children. And thus the world will be reborn." Worlds that only existed in a book were born into reality, because they were presented as real to the children...

Zackarix

Awards
This is less a nitpick of the games and more a rant of the fandom: Why is "Disney worlds aren't plot relevant, but are thematically relevant," something that CoM is criticized for, but KH3 gets a pass for? Despite the fact that CoM did it first and did it better?

KH3's thematically relevant worlds are there if you play close attention, but they aren't integrated into the narrative anywhere near as well as they should be to make the connections clear.

Every Disney world in CoM has an original story written to emphasize the themes and ideas the game wants to explore. And it's especially clear if you play the floors in the default order, but you don't need to because the worlds tie into the the story as a whole.

So why does KH3 get "Disney worlds aren't filler, just pay attention to the themes!" as a defense but CoM gets "Disney worlds are filler, just find-and-replace heart with memory"?

WaltK

Awards
Something that I never really thought about before: when Ansem SoD and Xemnas were eliminated, why did Xehanort came back as his original, elderly slap-headed self? It was Terranort that was split into Heartless and Nobody, and MX discarded his old body to take over Terra’s body to begin with.

Willow A113

Awards
Something that I never really thought about before: when Ansem SoD and Xemnas were eliminated, why did Xehanort came back as his original, elderly slap-headed self? It was Terranort that was split into Heartless and Nobody, and MX discarded his old body to take over Terra’s body to begin with.
When his heart reformed, maybe he came back to his true form. Like when a heart goes into a replica body, its body will match its heart.

Chie

Awards
—A question about Terranort. Ansem and Xemnas came from the splitting of Terranort. Does that mean that when they were defeated in KH1 and KH2, Terra was revived alongside Master Xehanort?

Nomura: By all rights, Terra should have been revived as himself at that point in time. However, his heart was still in the clutches of Xehanort, and it was unable to go back, and the shell of his body was the only thing that revived. Then, Xehanort brought the heart of Terranort from the past and put it in that shell of a body he once controlled.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just had this thought: at the end of Days, why does Roxas descend the entire TWTNW castle and head down to Memory’s Skyscraper if he’s just trying to escape? Couldn’t he just make scarce using a Corridor of Darkness? I’m not sure there’s even an established “entrance/exit” from the world, aside from the portal to Betwixt/Between seen in KH2, whose origin is unclear. Doesn’t really make sense lol

vaderskywalker

Awards
1.X-and Dark Road being phone games.
2.everything wrong with the battle at the Keyblade Graveyard.
3.Sora dying and getting trapped in unreality.
that is all.

Back