• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I never got the appeal about them either. Stories are way more exciting if events and characters aren't already predetermined
They work in specific scenarios, or if it is like an added feature of the story rather than the focus. Like I read a really good book about a chosen one, but it was mostly a romantic comedy so it was never about how the lead was the chosen one, but was just a backdrop of sorts.

But yeah I agree. If done wrong, everything feels predetermined and it removes the autonomy of the characters if there is some sort of prophecy that is being worked toward.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't like chosen one stories much either. But on the topic of Kingdom Hearts, they've been moving in that direction since either DDD or even BBS. Chosen Ones go hand in hand with destiny storylines.

Guernsey

Awards
I agree with the above post(s). I really hate the direction that they are taking the series with the whole "Chosen Ones" idea. Even Sora is a "Chosen One" in that he was "chosen" by the story or destiny as they call it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If time passes differently for each world, just how maddening is Santa's schedule? Some worlds Chriatmas doesn't happen for centuries from his PoV while others he has to go to like every hour.

TrinityXaos

Awards
Website
t.co
Okay, I'm new here, but I really hoping that Kairi gets treated better in the new story arc.
Along with Kairi, I want Destiny Islands to be fully fleshed-out. I hate that we don't get much of the Destiny trio's lives and families before and during the Dark Seeker story.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Okay, I'm new here, but I really hoping that Kairi gets treated better in the new story arc.
Along with Kairi, I want Destiny Islands to be fully fleshed-out. I hate that we don't get much of the Destiny trio's lives and families before and during the Dark Seeker story.
I can think of ways Kairi can be more involved but then again I also could think of ways for her to have been more involved in KH3, or DDD, or KH2, or in freaking MoM. Square actively avoids doing anything with her.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What was up with all the repeat rooms in Monstropolis?

2 conveyor belt rooms
2 blue transitional hallway thingies
2 scream canister storage rooms
2 outdoor areas that are on fire

Felt like desperate padding.

WaltK

Awards
In KH2, they should have made it so Twilight Town became inaccessible again after the second Hollow Bastion visit, with the reason for the seemingly unprompted second sweep of the Disney worlds being that SDG are trying to find it again. It would help to explain why they don’t just simply go straight back there despite essentially knowing that that’s where they should probably go after finding the box with photo and ice cream.

Hell, I'm almost convinced that maybe that was original intention somewhere until late in development. It would explain why Twilight Town is suddenly locked behind a new gummi route when the time for the third visit rolls around.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I was wondering, do people who saw xion with a different face still see her like that?
I had a question about Xion beyond that - if she is female now, did she choose how she presents in the replica body? On top of all of that, how did Xion look to herself in Days?

Willow A113

Awards
I had a question about Xion beyond that - if she is female now, did she choose how she presents in the replica body? On top of all of that, how did Xion look to herself in Days?
She looked to herself in days like how she looked to everyone in kh3. That is how she wanted to look because that's how she saw herself.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
She looked to herself in days like how she looked to everyone in kh3. That is how she wanted to look because that's how she saw herself.
I can't remember if she ever saw her reflection in Days.

I'm just curious if she chose to identify as female because that's how she was "born" in Days or if that is how she feels. It would be kinda cool to see Xion make more changes to herself in later entries to show that she is individualizing herself and moving away from being a replica or Sora/Kairi clone.

I wish they would let Xion actually talk about her existence and how she feels now. She is such an interesting character and I doubt they will ever go further with her - I guess that's a nitpick. Xion should be able to say she chose to stay the way that Xemnas made her because she wants to reclaim her identity or whatever reason. I suppose that's what the segment in ReMIND was sort of about.

Chie

Awards
None of Xion's appearance was decided by the Organization, that's why they think it's weird that Roxas and Axel treat her like a person at all. To them she either has no person-like characteristics or is plainly an exact duplicate of a real person's appearance. Saix refers to her with "it" pronouns.

Considering that Xemnas sees her as Sora, and what she says before her battle, their intent must have been for her to end up looking like Sora. Ergo, having her own appearance must be her own doing, even if she was a bit inspired by Kairi.

Back