• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing Link Coming 2024!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix has dropped a brand new teaser trailer for KINGODM HEARTS Missing-Link, showing off new cutscenes and gameplay footage, along with a 2024 release window. 

A closed beta test will also be held. Prospective testers from the United Kingdom and Australia will be able to apply on the official website from October 30th at 12:00am PDT to November 15th, 2023.

Series Director Tetsuya Nomura shared this message:

We've got some information that we'd like to share not just with fans, but with the general audience, so please check out this video. Details will be announced later on by the management team.

This video is only a brief introduction, but the narration has been changed to Brain's since the initial announcement*, and the content shown is how it will appear in the final game.

*TN: previous trailer had a different speaker

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
minish-cap-hole-hiding.png

We found 'em, boys. We found The Missing Link!

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
OMG!!! The graphical improvement since the reveal is insane! As a Ux fan I was already excited for this but this trailer just cranked that up. I will literally abandon every other mobile game I'm currently playing just to devote my life to this. The only complaint I have is the vague 2024 release window. When in 2024? January? December? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Thank you, Sign! This being posted at 3pm Japan time takes me back to waiting for your UX updates. Can’t wait for everyone in the West to wake up to this. Lol

Some quick thoughts:

- I love the emphasis on traveling the world without stepping outside. Since it looks like you can really go anywhere as you choose, I could see it working on PC eventually.
- Wasn’t expecting the CBT to start right away. Ever Crisis launched about two months after its CBT ended. So maybe they’re targeting late January around the 5th anniversary of KH3 for the full release? I could also see them waiting til later in the year though when the weather warms up some. (Though again this might not matter if you don’t have to go outside.)

(EDIT: Gues it’s just recruitment starting right away and the iOS Test starts late November. The Android beta test is in January per the website, so guessing they’re aiming for Spring 2024 for the full release.)
- Interested to see how the Disney worlds work. I’m guessing these “distortions” take you to them. But guessing they won’t be fully explorable.
- I wonder if we’ll get an English dub. I’m expecting not since Ever Crisis’ cutscenes aren’t dubbed.
- I love how good Scala looks. It seems we can freely explore it which I’m excited for. It’ll be nice to spend downtime there rather than in a menu
- Any idea what world we saw around :49? Thought Corona again at first, but there were palm trees which seems like it would be either the Caribbean, Destiny Islands, or maybe Neverland?

Edit:

The JP website has been updated with a lot of info on the beta. https://t.co/bMs4Lt6bv2

English too:

It’ll have PS4 and PS5 controller support!

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I was excited to jump into the test until I actually read the FAQ stating that it’s actually starting November 29th 😭

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Awww man, why does the CBT have to be Japan exclusive again?

It’s also in the UK and Australia!

A couple more interesting tidbits from the site from the safety guidelines:

- If it wasn’t obvious, there will be an AR mode of some sort where you’ll be able to take pictures.
- There will be a hands free feature where you can auto-battle Heartless you pass by without looking at your phone. It will also auto-interact with recovery spots to restore your HP and MP. Guessing these recovery spots are like Pokestops in Pokemon Go?

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hate this so much 😭 news at random o’clock? It’s just like the old days except now I’m old and only my insomnia allowed me to wake up to see this.

Sort of mad this game isn’t coming to consoles but has console controller support XD like please just cut out the middle man and let me play this dumb game on my PS5 like the loser I am.

2 quid is good

Awards
Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in...

So anyway, after letting everyone know how much I disliked the previous mobile games and thought this one was even sillier, I applied to the Beta testing for Missing Link

:V

Katsagu

Awards
Sort of mad this game isn’t coming to consoles but has console controller support XD like please just cut out the middle man and let me play this dumb game on my PS5 like the loser I am.
Like honestly... My phones battery will likely die playing this, or may not even be able to play it well. They even have a way to play without leaving your house.

Also sad I won't be able to get my hands on this like half an year at best. Hopefully the closed beta this time isn't surrounded by as much secrecy as last time and I can at least SEE how the game is.

Also...Oh how I missed fan speculation over possible worlds being in.

Last edited:

AR829038

Awards
Looks SO much better than the initial trailer, but did anyone else get an acute sense of fatigue trying to watch it? This trailer felt so damn hectic and throwing a bunch of stuff at you way too quick. Otherwise, looks fun, certainly much more fun than UX/Dark Road. I'll play it. Still waiting for KH4 news though.

zekro94

Awards
I don't know if anyone noticed but at the 19 seconds mark the voice sounds like Uchiyama Kouki, the japanese voice of Ventus and Roxas. New character? Ventus? Let the speculation begin.
Before him it seems to be Makoto Furukawa, new voice in KH but is known to voice Saitama in One Punch Man, Shirogane Miyuki in Kaguya sama wa kokurasetai and Taiju in Doctor Stone. I'll try to identify more Va but for now those are the ones I immediately recognized

blank points

Awards
Wow, the graphics really have improved so much from that first trailer. Really looking forward to this. Hope we do get an English dub.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The lack of an English dub is definitely bumming me out. I’ll keep my fingers crossed but looking at Ever Crisis makes me doubtful. You’d think they’d have recorded the VAs by now.

Excited though. Love that there’s now officially an Astral Plane in KH. Seems like it could be what connects “reality” with “unreality”?

Last edited:

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Graphics are improved in fidelity but not in style. KHUX had distinctive art direction. COM had distinctive art direction. True both were down to hardware constraints but still, they made something of them.

This just looks bland and unimaginative in comparison.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Well…f***.

There goes my vacation funds…

And my PS Portal funds…

And my Steam Summer Sale funds…

And my wallet…

And my savings…

On a slightly more serious note, please, please have smartwatch support. I cannot stress just how many accidents Pokémon Go has caused in the past, some being fatal. The franchise may be a tad more niche, but it’s still popular enough that some of its fan base are bound to get into accidents.

Awards
Graphics are improved in fidelity but not in style. KHUX had distinctive art direction. COM had distinctive art direction. True both were down to hardware constraints but still, they made something of them.

This just looks bland and unimaginative in comparison.
What did you expect? Another art style shift when they can just use the KH3 style?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Also sad I won't be able to get my hands on this like half an year at best. Hopefully the closed beta this time isn't surrounded by as much secrecy as last time and I can at least SEE how the game is.

Also...Oh how I missed fan speculation over possible worlds being in.

Players can share content from the CBT per the website!

And yeah, it doesn’t look like any of the worlds from KH3. It doesn’t match the realism of the Caribbean. Destiny Islands maybe, but this would be a completely new location if that’s it. There’s also emphasis on “Disney worlds” at that part, so I don’t think it’s an original one.

Awards
Players can share content from the CBT per the website!

And yeah, it doesn’t look like any of the worlds from KH3. It doesn’t match the realism of the Caribbean. Destiny Islands maybe, but this would be a completely new location if that’s it.
What if it's a remade Neverland

Back