• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts IV Release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

YungXion

Awards
Kingdom Hearts IV is going to be a next-gen game and we need to accept that.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
By that, are you saying it's going to be PS5, not PS4? Or were you saying PS6? Yeah, I personally always thought IV would end up on PS5, which is why I wanted to buy a PS5 when FFXVI finally came out (since KHIV would come a year or two after).

Personally, it's all the same to me. I thought PS4 was a good system, PS5 is great, too. I don't think Square would've made XVI the first PS5-exclusive if they weren't trying to help Sony build the console up. I see PS4 as mostly the past now that the PS5 is (finally) more readily available.

YungXion

Awards
By that, are you saying it's going to be PS5, not PS4? Or were you saying PS6? Yeah, I personally always thought IV would end up on PS5, which is why I wanted to buy a PS5 when FFXVI finally came out (since KHIV would come a year or two after).

Personally, it's all the same to me. I thought PS4 was a good system, PS5 is great, too. I don't think Square would've made XVI the first PS5-exclusive if they weren't trying to help Sony build the console up. I see PS4 as mostly the past now that the PS5 is (finally) more readily available.
PS6 and that generation.
Everyone's ignoring the fact that both the current Xbox and Playstation are three years into their lifecycles.

Awards
PS6 and that generation.
Everyone's ignoring the fact that both the current Xbox and Playstation are three years into their lifecycles.
And?

The PS1, PS2 and PS3 lasted for 12, 13 and 11 years respectively.

It's only been three years for the current gen, and only one year since KH4 was announced.

I dunno bout Microsoft but Sony supports their consoles for just over a decade before they decide to retire 'em.

Don't write off KH4 appearing on PS5 just cuz it's been three years into the console's lifespan.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
PS6 and that generation.

They aren’t developing the game for consoles that don’t even exist yet. Sony has stated in legal documents that 2028 is the earliest we could see a PS6. Absolute worst case, it would be cross gen game. But odds of it taking that long are extremely low.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
PS6 and that generation.
Of course, as a fan who's been following the series since KH1, I know that nothing is impossible (thinking about how KH only had ReMIXes for PS3), but I personally think KHIV will come out before PS6. Worse case scenario for KHIV, I think, is Fall 2025-Spring 2026 area and that would still be PS5 in its prime I would think?

Chie

Awards
Also KH3 came out six years after the PS4 lol

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Lol. But let's be honest guys. Nomura <3s new tech. He'll be all over the ps5 like white on rice, to be honest.

Also I think the new Unreal engine will run better on ps5, if I'm not mistaken, so very good chance it'll be PS5 only.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
I don't know if there's anyone left from the era I began this life on the forums many moons ago. After a long hiatus on kingdom hearts playing just the first and second installments, I have finally journeyed and adventured this past year to be up on the precipice of the missing link. What a masterpiece, to say the least, this tale has become. It has gone above and beyond what I ever expected. It's comprehensive, compelling and even convoluted all at the same time. And it is not showing any signs of slowing down. In fact it seems just when we had all the answers, new entities arise to change all the questions. The saga is not yet complete nor has it even scratched the surface as we are to be entertained with more lore for the heroes of yesteryear before we are to be awoken to the afterworld. I for one can wait to open the door to the fourth age of kingdom hearts on whatever platform it arrives to us. It shall not disappoint.

Joachim

Awards
Making and announcing a game before a next gen console is released is not a bright move to make by the development team behind KHIV. If they were to plan on release it on a potential PS6 in the Future it would essentially be a gamble because the console release could be pushed back and delaying KHIV which is more time missing out on sales.
The game from the trailer itself is clearly graphic heavy but so are other games that have been released on PS5 and Xbox Series X, which are the consoles it will be most likely be released on so more people are inclined to buy current next gen consoles. Games like Elden Ring, God of War Ragnarök, FF16, etc, are all very demanding games to run and from just eyeballing it and personal opinion, KHIV doesn't seem as extreme as other games mentioned earlier.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
It seems to me that the production always struggles with timely release of flagship titles. When was KH3 released, 2019? In theory, KH4 should release this year. Other companies are better at putting out their sequels in about 3-4 years. I'd expect a KH4 release sometime in 2026 at the earliest. I wouldn't get your hopes if you're expecting to see it on the PS5 or Xbox series X any time soon. They had timing issues since the end of sixth generation of gaming. It's a common trend that their flagship titles skip over entire generation of gaming only to release more half way through the cycle of the next generation of gaming.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
i dont think it will make sense to make a PS6 release lmao people have just started getting PS5s cause theyve been in stock more this year and idk how much longer are their delays for these games are gonna be anyways

HakaishinChampa

Awards
i dont think it will make sense to make a PS6 release lmao people have just started getting PS5s cause theyve been in stock more this year and idk how much longer are their delays for these games are gonna be anyways
Potentially crossgen if it releases around the PS6's launch, so it'll still release on PS5 but also have a PS6 version.

But I doubt it'll release all the way in 2027

Chie

Awards
I have serious doubts about the PS6 ever even existing, let alone being a given to release after [x] amount of years.

They already had to resort to some pretty extreme propaganda ("the PS5 is the first time any game developer can make what they actually wanted to make without any compromise", "the PS5 is the single biggest generational leap in game history" etc.) to sell the idea that the PS5 was actually better or different than the PS4.

2 quid is good

Awards
All of that and they still didn't manage full backwards compatibility. Boo. Hiss.

We haven't even seen a slim ps5 yet, the ps6 isn't even a blip on the horizon

HakaishinChampa

Awards
All of that and they still didn't manage full backwards compatibility. Boo. Hiss.

We haven't even seen a slim ps5 yet, the ps6 isn't even a blip on the horizon
The pattern of Gens seems to be every 6/7 years

PS1: 1994

PS2: 2000

PS3: 2006 (this is when we switch from 6 years to 7)

PS4: 2013

PS5: 2020

PS6: 2027

vaderskywalker

Awards
I'm not that worried, KH3 had a, well, not really a delay so much, as they had to switch engines during the development which pushed it back, but KH4 should have no issues with this, so 2023 to 2025 at the latest, but if it does get pushed back for whatever reason, best case scenario a year before the PS6, worst case scenario, a year after, but I'm doubtful it will even come to that.

Awards
Love how the one time a KH4 leak not from that Taichi_Aoki guy shows up on the Gaming Leaks subreddit, it's just another fake cuz no actual reputable source really gives a damn.

I'm just tired cuz it's been like above a year and a half since the announcement and nearly a year since ML's test and yet it's just been silence.

For a game like ML, that's def a bad sign to me.

blank points

Awards
Love how the one time a KH4 leak not from that Taichi_Aoki guy shows up on the Gaming Leaks subreddit, it's just another fake cuz no actual reputable source really gives a damn.

I'm just tired cuz it's been like above a year and a half since the announcement and nearly a year since ML's test and yet it's just been silence.

For a game like ML, that's def a bad sign to me.
Yeah, starting to wonder about ML myself. With KH4, at this point I'm not expecting news until maybe sometime next year, seeing as VII Rebirth will probably be the main marketing focus for now. I am a bit surprised that ML is not on the TGS list. Though, Nomura did say back in January that the game after the prototype test was at about 50% finished as far as development goes, meaning it was at the halfway mark. So I'd like to think the game must be fairly close to completion at this point. Sqaure usually doesn't really advertise their mobile games all that much anyway, so hopefully we will hear some update soon.

Back