• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom hearts is light?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
At the end of KH, Ansem SoD said "Kingdom Hearts, fill me with the power of Darkness!"
Then later, Sora said "I know now, without a doubt, that Kingdom Hearts, IS LIGHT!"
*que happy ending*
What I want to know is, how did he know that Kingdom Hearts was light? And wasn't he wrong anyway? Isn't Kingdom Hearts light, with a little bit of darkness?

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
From what he learned on his journey may have something to do with it. From what the machine at EotW said, Light comes out but the shadows go in so there was some darkness in there after all.

A

Azrael

Every heart contains light and darkness so KH does have darkness but during that moment, it was mostly light.

joeybe HNIC

So basically Sora was taking a 50/50 guess, and that moment could have gone horribly wrong?

No, hearts don't contain an equal amount of both light and darkness.
Some have more light than others. and vice versa.
So, since Kingdom Hearts is really just one big heart, wouldn't the rule still apply?

jc_sora

you can only find light in the deepest darkness,,

when sora was fighting with ansem, they were at the endless abyss( where you cannot even find a small glimmer of light), so that gave sora the idea that kingdom hearts is light.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Having to ask that, you're missing the point of the game.

No. Saying, "Kingdom Hearts is light" doesn't mean that it can't contain darkness. The statement means that Kingdom Hearts itself is fundamentally light.

Mhm mhm mhm, damn fine!

Oathkeeper(:

I was asking myself this question a few days ago while trolling the forums. Sora says that KH is light...a light shines brightly, killing Xehanort's heartless...and then BAM, a whole lot of darkness behind the door? Whaaaaaaaat? I was a little confused.

Kitsune_XIII

I was asking myself this question a few days ago while trolling the forums. Sora says that KH is light...a light shines brightly, killing Xehanort's heartless...and then BAM, a whole lot of darkness behind the door? Whaaaaaaaat? I was a little confused.

Yeah... same issue wracking my brain here.
Not just Darkness but Heartless. Big ones like Darkside, too.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

The bright light that comes out of it is probably a good sign that Sora was right in his statement.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
The light didn't kill Xehanort's Heartless, it just caused him to become a more dormant presence within Riku. Also, the darkness and Heartless were all in the Realm of Darkness. That wasn't Kingdom Hearts but, the Door to Darkness. We have yet to see Kingdom Hearts in the series so for.

Oathkeeper(:

The light didn't kill Xehanort's Heartless, it just caused him to become a more dormant presence within Riku. Also, the darkness and Heartless were all in the Realm of Darkness. That wasn't Kingdom Hearts but, the Door to Darkness. We have yet to see Kingdom Hearts in the series so for.

That was the DtD? I was under the impression that it was Kingdom Hearts, because all of the characters referred to it as that...? Though, in KH, they did gather the 7 PoH in order to open the DtD...which was referenced in KH2, were people confused in KH1 or something? o_O

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
That was the DtD? I was under the impression that it was Kingdom Hearts, because all of the characters referred to it as that...? Though, in KH, they did gather the 7 PoH in order to open the DtD...which was referenced in KH2, were people confused in KH1 or something? o_O

No, but Kingdom Hearts was behind the Door to Darkness wich you obviously need to open to get to Kingdom Hearts. I don't remember it being referred to as Kingdom Hearts though. Kingdom Hearts was their ultimate goal but once they opened the Door to Darkness obtaining the power of Kingdom Hearts would be fairly easy. So their main objective was to open the Door to Darkness which the 7 Princesses of Heart were needed to open.

Oathkeeper(:

Hm...well it has been awhile since I played. I may have forgotten some things. So, Kingdom Hearts is inside the Door to Darkness, which needed to be opened using the 7 PoH. And the "light" that shone through the Door to Darkness was presumably Kingdom Hearts. Now it's all starting to come together...if this is correct xD

Kitsune_XIII

Well, this certainly explains a lot and clears up some confusion for me.
Thanks for the explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back