• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfshadow0118

I didn't know what the leaker has done. I kinda don't really see his purpose anymore. The games coming out in less than a month.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Another thing that doesn't make sense it's that in the save files there was one called "-ein of Severance / Tower of Endings" and since "stairway to the sky" is obviously Scala's map, and Scala supposedly has only one map, the Tower of Endings would be from another map. And for the life of me I cannot find any place to put it.

Any world that has a tower would be Rapunzel at most, but even then it sounds way too endgame for that. So im confused if it belongs to Scala or not, cause if it did then it wouldn't just be "walk 2 inches and boss"

I think it would be Scala's, but like other posters have brilliantly suggested... It could be a situation where it's a raid boss rush, and you're running through different places in the world to battle but it's the final world and "technically" it's two inches and End Game mode. Multiple Save Circles would be placed, since something like that would definitely warrant you wanting to heal up and maybe restock on other items. Not to mention, depending on how long this scenario would be, a lot of people would have the luxury of going at the dungeon at their own pace instead of being forced to clear it right then and there. That's one possibility.

The other possibility is, the leaker is lying, and there's plenty of exploration. Just not as Sora. If that were the case, it'd classify under a spoiler, because who else would be playable in Scala?

I wouldn't compare this to FFXV. I know it is the most recent example, but this kind of stuff isn't really a new trend for SE. Squaresoft pulled this kind of stuff off in the 90s, and SE has made it a thing since the early 2000s with their "International" editions with exclusive content for Japan that added a ton of improvements to their games.

I think KH1/KH2 and almost every other KH game with a Final Mix would be the more apt comparison. Almost every major KH game has had some major additions and revisions post-release. The only difference between then and now is that DLC has become a thing, so we'd just get this content immediately after they are ready to release it rather than waiting a year after the game's release to wait for a Final Mix. (Or waiting for 7 years in the West...)

(And I'm sure what will happen is that we will still get a KH3FM despite Nomura saying there weren't plans for it. There are always plans. It's just a matter of when we become privy to them as the consumers.)

I definitely think that we'll definitely get a Final Mix version of the game in some fashion, since we're in the DLC era now, and there's a lot of opportunity there. Going back to FFXV, we ended up getting the Royal Edition. So, hypothetically speaking, if they were to do a Final Mix... what they could do is also look at what BD2 did and make the Final Mix additions a separate download for those who already have the base original game already.

I just use FFXV as an example because while I love the game and the main cast, I think it really needed an extra year to make it perfect, and it really (to me) brought home the point that even though delays suck... Sometimes, patience wins out in the end. I don't think KH3 will suffer in that aspect to that degree (if it did, oh man...), I think it'll deliver amazingly, but I really wouldn't want to walk around feeling like they cut corners to sacrifice for other sections and segments. Seeing how massive the worlds are, I don't think this is particularly the case, but the only way we'll know for sure is when we play I suppose.

I feel like watching somebody play it and probably walking around ourselves with the controller in hand, will be a vastly different experience and we may feel it might be bigger (or smaller!) just off that alone.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
(And I'm sure what will happen is that we will still get a KH3FM despite Nomura saying there weren't plans for it. There are always plans. It's just a matter of when we become privy to them as the consumers.)
Companies want people to buy the first edition of a game instead of having people wait around for a "complete edition", so Nomura saying there are no plans for a FM is completely inline with the usual spiel from game companies.

I didn't know what the leaker has done. I kinda don't really see his purpose anymore. The games coming out in less than a month.
21 days.... a fucking long 21 days now that we've seen way too much ._.

maximumlight8

Awards
Best Buy can ban people for abusing the return policy, so I could see that happening with his "genius" return plan.

Keyblade Spoilers:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Scala's Hope

Awards
I think the leaker cropped out the saved games photo to hide the fact the last two were Scala's. Some sort of non-conventional world-spanning final battle may be afoot

Darvandark

Best Buy can ban people for abusing the return policy, so I could see that happening with his "genius" return plan.

Keyblade Spoilers:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I wonder how many of those are the upgraded versions. It seems weird that for overall stats the Kingdom Key is king (well until Ultimate)

Darvandark

I think the leaker cropped out the saved games photo to hide the fact the last two were Scala's. Some sort of non-conventional world-spanning final battle may be afoot

He's responding on Twitter that it is not the case. While he has contradicted himself before I wouldn't fall to far down (honestly amazing) rabbit hole of such a large scale boss concept.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Keyblade Spoilers:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ok, but why did they change the name of Infinity Badge? I’m so confused. It encompassed the combined theme of Woody and Buzz perfectly before. Seriously, who thought Favorite Deputy would be a better alternative? Happy Gear sounds weird too.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Its pretty heartening that we still know next to nothing about the plot.

darknessofheart

Awards
He's responding on Twitter that it is not the case. While he has contradicted himself before I wouldn't fall to far down (honestly amazing) rabbit hole of such a large scale boss concept.

Very true, but I just find it odd he had the same amount of munny in each save slot, hours apart. That's what makes me think it could be bosses that occupied that time or he didn't do much of anything before saving again.

Though the other file, severance (cutting/separating) probably refers to Rapunzel's hair being cut to kill Mother Gothel, which makes sense with "Tower" also being included in the name, so it's most likely Rapunzel's Tower.

Ah well.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Ok, but why did they change the name of Infinity Badge? I’m so confused. It encompassed the combined theme of Woody and Buzz perfectly before. Seriously, who thought Favorite Deputy would be a better alternative? Happy Gear sounds weird too.
Yeah I agree. If they had to change the name at least pick an alternative that references BOTH Woody and Buzz. Instead of Favorite Deputy what about Space Cowboy?

Scala's Hope

Awards
Hmm maybe. But why does it sound so endgame and happen so late in the story then
Now im having another crazy thought. The tower is at the land of departure and since it's a single visit (like Mysterious Tower) leaker saved it so he could replay it.
Either that or directly Mysterious Tower, but I was just throwing hope into LoD

Scala's Hope

Awards
Is it weird that I still have hope in Scala being amazing? It's just the fact that Nomura tripled down on it that makes me think either the final boss is amazing, there is more to see, or the epilogue gives us more

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the Tower of Endings may be in the Keyblade Graveyard where we see Sora watching Xehanort in the Final Battle trailer.

Scala's Hope

Awards
Hmm maybe. We will have to wait and see. I wanna know why Nomura likes Scala so much. Maybe the epilogue expands that final conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back