• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix+

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joveus

Early days, I know. However this seems, to me, to be the most plausible route the series may take considering a few different factors;

1 - Each main Kingdom Hearts title has had a Final Mix within a year of the original release.
2 - A HD release of Dream Drop Distance was decided against at this time because it is both a recent game (2012) and development would draw resources away from Kingdom Hearts III.
3 - Dream Drop Distance is on the table as a downloadable release or "something like that" in the future.
4 - Re:Chain of Memories was bundled with Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix in Japan, so this is something they've done before.
5 - Nomura intends to release a Kingdom Hearts game yearly if possible (at least until the "Seeker of Darkness Saga" ends).

So a Final Mix+ for Kingdom Hearts III incorporating Re:Dream Drop Distance (or just a port, or a cutscene version at least) sounds like a realistic scenario to me. If Kingdom Hearts III is released in late 2015 or early 2016, then I would expect this to appear in late 2016. By that point 3D will be four years old and the development team can focus entirely on that without impacting Kingdom Hearts III's development. And I hope, if this is the route they do down, that the Final Mix is released internationally without a ten year wait this time.

BlackSeven

Awards
Do you mean like a 3.5? I'd hope they release another "in-between" game to make it also have 3 games in this mix, either way I'm kinda Meh about this. I'd hope they re-release 1.5/2.5 first on PS4 and then have a "3.5" on PS4/X1 to finally make a complete compilation.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To be completely honest I would prefer it if there isn't a "KH III Final Mix" at all.
The policy of making "Final Mixes" is one of the major reasons as to why many things are so difficult to understand for audiences outside Japan.
They should either release the whole package that is KH III in the first place worldwide to avoid the problems we had for the last ten years with some stuff available only in Japan (and still have because the rather important Ultimania guides are still Japan-only) or if that is impossible for one reason or another provide the extra content as DLC for ALL regions and not just Japan.

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
I don't know for what reason Nomura released Final Mixes exclusively in Japan back then, but since he has already opened the path for them to US with 1.5 and 2.5, I don't see any reason for a Final Mix for KH3. As for 3D, if there were a Final Mix anyway, the cutscenes-only version would be more reasonable than a playable version. 3D is heavily influenced by its touch screen gameplay, without it the game looks plain.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don't know for what reason Nomura released Final Mixes exclusively in Japan back then, but since he has already opened the path for them to US with 1.5 and 2.5, I don't see any reason for a Final Mix for KH3. As for 3D, if there were a Final Mix anyway, the cutscenes-only version would be more reasonable than a playable version. 3D is heavily influenced by its touch screen gameplay, without it the game looks plain.
It was Sony's decision to not release the Final Mixes outside Japan. I believe their reasoning being that the games just simply didn't have enough new content to be worth releasing overseas.

I really do not want a Final Mix for KHIII, but on the other hand I wouldn't mind if it was re-released with DDD and X[chi]. A 3.5 ReMix.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
NO MORE FINAL MIXES!! Either release it as DLC, or have the complete package from the get go! If they have to release 3D as cutscenes, I'd rather they release them as movie package DLC. Or, they could have an unlockable theater mode for 3D in KHIII (i.e.: the more of the game you complete, the more of 3D's story you unlock).

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
No Final Mix, and for the love of it all: NO DLC!!!

What's worse than buying a pricey game?
Buying a pricey game that isn't even giving you all of its content, that's what!!!!

Sure, Final Mixes are collectable, in a sense. And they make more money. I honestly expect the 3rd game to have one, if they're following this trend. But remember: we've now been spoiled with English Final Mixes (will be), and that will surely lower the amount of people willing to buy the game in Japanese. So the business figures will DEFINITELY change.

It's kinda a wild card right now, if you ask me.

Tauxsin

Awards
What about, instead of a Final Mix, a 3.5 Remix? With KHIII, DDD, and Re: X or cutscenes or something?

Sdog

Awards
No Final Mix, and for the love of it all: NO DLC!!!

Ya... What they said...

But for real, I don't want the thought of knowing I'm missing out on any content when it comes to KHIII. When it came t the ones prior it didn't bother me as much, but for this one it;s a special case. Not only since we've been waiting for it for so long but it's going to be the end of a saga.

Another note but not as big of a deal, the past numbered final mixes included secret bosses as nods to upcoming games, I'd rather avoid something like that if possible.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Ya... What they said...

But for real, I don't want the thought of knowing I'm missing out on any content when it comes to KHIII. When it came t the ones prior it didn't bother me as much, but for this one it;s a special case. Not only since we've been waiting for it for so long but it's going to be the end of a saga.

KH2 FM bugged me to no end especially when I found out how much was added and that I couldn't play it. D: So I hope that they wouldn't release a 3 FM. But if they do they would hopefully release it worldwide knowing now how much everyone wants to play them too.

Sdog

Awards
KH2 FM bugged me to no end especially when I found out how much was added and that I couldn't play it. D: So I hope that they wouldn't release a 3 FM. But if they do they would hopefully release it worldwide knowing now how much everyone wants to play them too.

Reading that suddenly jogged my memory of the room to face all the organization members, so scratch what I said. No FM unless we all get it! >=D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't want a Kingdom Hearts 3 Final Mix, but realistically I can see it happening if we happen to get a ton of DLC post-release.

Rather than a KH3FM adding in new features and story cutscenes like past games, it would instead be a full collection of all of the DLC released and sold like "Game of the Year" edition.

Worldwide release obviously.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
*sigh*
I just want my game. All of it. Is that so much to ask?

I get that it's about money. I completely understand. (Just good business, ya?) But, as one of the people who is a victim of said business...?
Just...Give me the whole darn thing, for once? PLEASE?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Maaaaaaaaaan, if they do release a KH3FM they better give it to us this time. I don't want to wait a decade to be able to play the extra content.

<King Mickey>

Maaaaaaaaaan, if they do release a KH3FM they better give it to us this time. I don't want to wait a decade to be able to play the extra content.
The PS4 isn't region-locked; we'd be able to import it, although it would cost around $100 D:

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
I think it's unlikely they will make a Final Mix for Kingdom hearts 3. It's gonna be the biggest game of their franchise and the end of the Xehanort Saga. Wouldn't make sense to add even more to it after the release of the game. What I know they will do is release DLC for the games that way, so people won't have to pay another $60 dollars just for some bonuses. In a way they can make "final mix content". Would be really nice to buy and download things for Kingdom Hearts and add to its replay value.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think it's unlikely they will make a Final Mix for Kingdom hearts 3. It's gonna be the biggest game of their franchise and the end of the Xehanort Saga. Wouldn't make sense to add even more to it after the release of the game. What I know they will do is release DLC for the games that way, so people won't have to pay another $60 dollars just for some bonuses. In a way they can make "final mix content". Would be really nice to buy and download things for Kingdom Hearts and add to its replay value.

Please do not forget that Game of the Year/Definitive Edition of games exist now. This is literally how companies squeeze out more money from fans. Give them a "complete" edition with all of the DLC on one disk.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
To be completely honest I would prefer it if there isn't a "KH III Final Mix" at all.
The policy of making "Final Mixes" is one of the major reasons as to why many things are so difficult to understand for audiences outside Japan.

I think we'd all prefer if it didn't happen too :) I mean, I know a large reason why the FMs were even made in the first place was so that the Japanese audience could hear the English cutscenes, but now I know that audio packs have been released as DLC, I don't see why FMs can just be completely ignored and everything transferred to DLC.

Please do not forget that Game of the Year/Definitive Edition of games exist now. This is literally how companies squeeze out more money from fans. Give them a "complete" edition with all of the DLC on one disk.

lol My only regret with that would be that I don't want it to have some super, awesome amazing coverart that I want so I'll buy it, but you're right, if anything, this is the most likely option. With all DLC, all audio tracks, the works!

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

The reason for the first Final Mix was that when KHI was localized, they added extra boss battles (Kurt Zisa, Ice Titan, and Sephiroth), so they created a Final Mix so that Japanese fans could have those boss battles, along with everything else that was added in FM. I'm not sure the reasoning for KHIIFM, but BbSFM was also created due to added content in the localized version of BbS (most notably the Mysterious Figure boss battle).

And yeah, I agree, I don't want to see a KHIIIFM. Maybe the could release DLC for extra boss battles down the line (which would have nothing to do with the main story, just for fun), but I'd be pissed if they did a KHIIIFM.

NeoshadowXC

YUP they will release KHIII Final Mix+ Paired with KHDDD Final Mix+ just like they did with KHII Final Mix+ and KH:ReCoM. And KHIII will have a secret ending that hints at... sigh... KHIV...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back