• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Still On Track For 2016 Release in NA/Europe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
ya don't say

tumblr_nzm409lFQ21qkjik5o1_540.jpg

command board for 3 confirmed, all hail mickey monopoly.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
he hasn't had dinner since he was 14. what has he been eating all this time

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I hate the models. Love the detail and style, but they look unfinished. Textures look incomplete or something about the lighting makes them look wrong. It has nothing to do with how realistic/unrealistic they look but they have that near-clay style I hated from KH3D's opening. It clashes with the environments.

If you guys don't see it, that's fine. We all have different tastes.

Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't really like the new models. Good.
When I watched the openings of KH 1 & 2 I always wanted graphics like this, but now they look kinda....plastic? I don't know how to describe it. I need to see how it will be ingame, but the trailers look kinda wrong to me.

I like them but... yes, they look unfinished. Some of them look glazed and shiny, like jello. The 3D opening is my favorite (so far, followed by BbS/KH2), but the one scene that always rubbed me the wrong way is when Sora lands on DI and then he sees Kairi and Riku looking back smiling at him. Kairi is shaded strangely and her eyes are very dull. If they can spruce up the game to look like the DDD opening (except for some awkward shading sometimes), then I'd be satisfied. Even Sora's face still looks a bit awkward to me though they fixed it up a bit. Same for Mickey's face. They all just need... more detail? (In Sora's case, it's probably weird lighting or something)

An example of what I'm talking about is at about 1:45 in this video, where he compares what Yen Sid currently looks like, and touch up image by a fan
https://youtu.be/sDKVc391I4E?t=1m45s

If they tweak it justtttt a little, then I really have no complaints.

P.S: The plastic issue is not just for Kingdom Hearts either, I noticed this with other Unreal engine games to be honest

Yay for the responses above!

Personally I think that graphically, the DDD opening is the best the series has looked graphically. I have some problems with it as well (Sora's and Kairi's eyes look weird a lot of the time - like they are crazy) but the skin, the models and the lightning are insane.

kingdom-hearts-3D-july-1-600x337_(1).jpg
Dcq.png
3831544_orig.jpg
7927mo05.jpg
7925mo03.jpg

I mean - just look at the Riku picture! Compared to this, 0.2 is a huge aesthetic letdown.

An example of what I'm talking about is at about 1:45 in this video, where he compares what Yen Sid currently looks like, and touch up image by a fan
https://youtu.be/sDKVc391I4E?t=1m45s

It's amazing what a bit of added shadows can do to a model. Subtle, yet a big difference on his face.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
^ And that was all achieved on a 3DS, a tiny lastgen handheld.

The irony. It's making my soul hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back