• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Future Graphics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
nono no full cgi for kingdom hearts. remember the ending of kh2 where all the good guys reunite in destiny islands? this was cgi and i was creepy. people hugginf mouses and ducks that looked relistic

i agree, bt slightly different, half of it bothered me because they were giant cartoony animals, and the second is because they didn't even look like they can be in the same scene or interact, one looks too bright, and the other too dark.

it's like one of those movies where they split an image and just add in the animated characters

WaveK89

Meh, just keep the first and last scenes CGI. Make the rest of the cutscenes just more refined to better fit the PS3. Now, if they wanted to show off some awesome design, then I suppose I could see CGI for that, but otherwise, no.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
i agree, bt slightly different, half of it bothered me because they were giant cartoony animals, and the second is because they didn't even look like they can be in the same scene or interact, one looks too bright, and the other too dark.

it's like one of those movies where they split an image and just add in the animated characters

I actually liked seeing Donald and Goofy in CG they looked pretty cool. No don't make the whole game in CG just spruce up the graphics make thing sharper and cleaner get rid of the fish face syndrome and make every NPC fully voiced.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I actually liked seeing Donald and Goofy in CG they looked pretty cool. No don't make the whole game in CG just spruce up the graphics make thing sharper and cleaner get rid of the fish face syndrome and make every NPC fully voiced.

i dont mind them being CG but when you see them hugging sora, it doesnt look...real....you know, like those movies that 2d animated character and live actors

Master Hayato

It wouldn't be too bad be in my opinion,you would just have to get used to it as i had to when i started playing kingdom hearts. Why do people think that crystal tools=CGI? They will probably use CGI for cutscenes,and crystal tools for majority the game.

Allister Rose

French Lover
cgi in every cutscene is still pretty bad, the flow of the game will be very odd. lpus it has to stay cnsistent with it's previous games

Allister Rose

French Lover
not really, we assume SE is almighty who will completely satisfy us, but lately they've been getting a lit rusty

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
If anything the graphics will be like Final fantasy 13 graphics with that of disney character like philharmagic

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
hhhhmmmmmmmm....................I see how they can change some of the human Disney characters to look more realistic.

For example: Mulan. bear with me here. Her primary design traits are the presumably silk outfit, round face, large eyes, and short, black hair. Now, imagine what she'd look like with a slight amount of skin texture (she has none in KH2), and her hair was in strands like in FFXIII. This could really work, because even though the appearance is changed slightly, you still recognize her as a Disney character and her hair would fit, taking advantage of the newer hardware while keeping her classic appearance.

For animal characters, that's not ad necessary, and we've seen MDG rendered at high resolution in KH2, so I'm not worried about animals.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
I would love if they had better graphics for when your playing (Not cgi because that's what they use to make animated movies) but something along the lines of how nice FFXIII looked when played.
Or even if they did it where special scenes got graphics equal to how good the opening ones are.
I still don't get how you guys think it means change the entire style and look of the games.... You can make the graphics better without making it super ultra different =_=

24Terras

Amen to that. KH can look great in ps3 graphics. Everyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I would love if they had better graphics for when your playing (Not cgi because that's what they use to make animated movies) but something along the lines of how nice FFXIII looked when played.
Or even if they did it where special scenes got graphics equal to how good the opening ones are.
I still don't get how you guys think it means change the entire style and look of the games.... You can make the graphics better without making it super ultra different =_=

actually, what you suggested is the same, graphics equal to CGI will make a really bad impression.

i dont know whats up with you all, lately no one thinks about kh the right way, everyone thinks about adding more jsut to make kh better, but in the process you forget those things you want added in will mean removing some of the stuff that make up kh.

kh has the potential to have high graphics, but why did they stick to cartoony graphics? because, that is kh's style and enhancing the graphics to the level close to cgi will lose it's style.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
actually, what you suggested is the same, graphics equal to CGI will make a really bad impression.

i dont know whats up with you all, lately no one thinks about kh the right way, everyone thinks about adding more jsut to make kh better, but in the process you forget those things you want added in will mean removing some of the stuff that make up kh.

kh has the potential to have high graphics, but why did they stick to cartoony graphics? because, that is kh's style and enhancing the graphics to the level close to cgi will lose it's style.

How exactly do you know it would lose the style? Things can be enhanced but still have the same style but better shading, sharper images, better backgrounds etc, etc.
There is a diffrence between changing a style and making the graphics better than they were on the PS2.
Updating graphics will not kill KH. Srsly. It will probably get better graphics by the time the last one comes out anyways.

Allister Rose

French Lover
How exactly do you know it would lose the style? Things can be enhanced but still have the same style but better shading, sharper images, better backgrounds etc, etc.
There is a diffrence between changing a style and making the graphics better than they were on the PS2.
Updating graphics will not kill KH. Srsly. It will probably get better graphics by the time the last one comes out anyways.

not unless it revolves around a certain type. kh graphics is what it good theme. it's what allows sora to blend in with every world around him without changing his look (except for certain worlds where it can't be helped). enhancing the graphics up to the leevel or close to the level of cgi will lose it's edge,

the only worlds he will blend into is tron and pirates of the carebean. allt he other cartoony worlds, he will look far too real, and almost every scene will be akward to see.

enhancing is fine, the only thing i can see is fixing the mouth movements, but i doubt that will be a problem since BBS had all cutscenes, kh can do the same without having that cut-paste mouth movement. maybe better hading too, but other than that, nothing else should chane graphics-wise IMO.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I don't think the whole game should be in CGI...That would take forever to make, but it's not like Square-Enix is trying to make the games quickly anyway. I say KH3 will be out in like 2013 or even 2014.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
not unless it revolves around a certain type. kh graphics is what it good theme. it's what allows sora to blend in with every world around him without changing his look (except for certain worlds where it can't be helped). enhancing the graphics up to the leevel or close to the level of cgi will lose it's edge,

the only worlds he will blend into is tron and pirates of the carebean. allt he other cartoony worlds, he will look far too real, and almost every scene will be akward to see.

enhancing is fine, the only thing i can see is fixing the mouth movements, but i doubt that will be a problem since BBS had all cutscenes, kh can do the same without having that cut-paste mouth movement. maybe better hading too, but other than that, nothing else should chane graphics-wise IMO.

.....Enhancing the graphics has nothing to do with changing the look. I'm confused by how you keep saying that :/

You can enhance the other disney characters graphics without having to change the style, just make the backgrounds of the worlds a little bit sharper along with the Disney characters.
Cleaner images, Making backgrounds a little bit sharper, fixing mouth movements and such will not change the style of the game at all. Anyways, they're not going to keep the ps2 graphics forever.
But yes, the mouth movements sucked. Esp. In KH2 where the mouths would be moving even if they weren't talking =_=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back