• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Future Graphics

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanbryan

Wouldn't it be cool for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts games to be all in CGI!!??
(Computer Generated Imagery)

So the games can look more realistic and even feel more realistic,
and whatnot.

The Characters even look hotter in CGI.

I think it'd be a great idea.
:D

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You can't have a KH game in CGI. You can't have any game in CGI, unless it's just press a specified button at a certain time to go down another branch of animation. CGI is pre-rendered, so you can't play a game with it. On top of this, KHI has never, ever been about graphic quality or detail, but the art style. The game's not supposed to look realistic, but parts of it are supposed to be eye-catching, which is already achieved even with current graphical quality. The KH crew aren't going to concern themselves too heavily with the graphical quality of the game.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
but carttons wold look weird like genie
and that takes extra time to make

Raebus

Ah, I was wondering when the next CGI graphics thread would show up.

No, its a horrible idea.

Radon

mofo
Translation bryanbryan language to english:

CGI-> really purdy graffics

A

Azrael

I think they're going to stick with the same graphics engine. KH was never about good graphics.

24Terras

What do you mean. You can have sharp CGI like graphics that are cartoony. Disney's philharmagic is a perfect example. The disney characters looked awesome. Don't tell me they will look aweful.

A

Azrael

What do you mean. You can have sharp CGI like graphics that are cartoony. Disney's philharmagic is a perfect example. The disney characters looked awesome. Don't tell me they will look aweful.

The graphics look fine just the way they are for a Disney game.

Fortissimo

CGI would be nice for cut scenes, but I'm not sure how I feel about it overall. Like others have said, KH graphics are cartoony, so CGI would be rather strange, at least, to me. Though I am not against it. If the graphics for KH were a bit more realistic, then I would be more welcoming to the CGI deal.

Allister Rose

French Lover
kh isn't meant to be completely cgi, so no.

still, some scenes need to be fixed. i think them outh movements need better work. it looks like one of those stop motin things you see on tv. but ameteur-sh

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Can you imagine the amount of space that'd take up? Like, one game on fifty discs or something. It's not really that financially prudent.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Can you imagine the amount of space that'd take up? Like, one game on fifty discs or something. It's not really that financially prudent.

So we can have a ballpark, FFXIII is 40 GB. 32 GB are because of uncompressed hi-def video and audio.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I think they're going to stick with the same graphics engine. KH was never about good graphics.

Doubt it. Just look at Final fantasy 13 I tihnk they can pull it off.

IMON if they were going to stick with the old PS2 era graphics they would have put it on the wii. Nomura is a realistic type of person anyway

Blu-ray can store up to 50gb so yes to teh person above if it was for xbox 3shitty then it would be 5 disc even worse for the wii.

ffdgh

err it all depends on how they do it. Got no prob with the current style*but doesn't mean I mind a change*

24Terras

you poor naive american man-boys. Did any one think square could make disney digital? Square will make it the best graphics they can and they will do it well. End of story. Remember my reference to philamagic. That was a huge sucess and the characters are beautiful. They won't change the cartoon style just the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back