• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Fan Video Game (Working Title)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

voltage

Thanks so much for the support all three of you. It's encouraging to see so many people willing to play. I can't wait until I get to the part where I make cool characters.

What enemies do you want to use the most?

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Enemies as in Heartless? I kinda like either those Invisibles from End of the World or Neoshadows from TWTNW. =w=

voltage

Enemies as in Heartless? I kinda like either those Invisibles from End of the World or Neoshadows from TWTNW. =w=
I would say Neo Shadows are more likely because they're not as difficult to make. However, Invisible has been on my mind a lot lately. No promises, but great suggestions.

I thought about modes lately and wonder if it'd be neat to try bosses vs minions. Namely one player is Behemoth while others are the little guys trying to gang up on him.

Chuuya

Awards
That actually sounds really cool! That would be amazing and challenging! Okay, I won't push you to do more than you can. You can take your time on it. =D

voltage

Sorry I haven't been able to focus. Life has gotten quite chaotic again, but I'm staying the course. Here's a small update on Ping and chat.

Note: The color scheme is undecided, so I'm playing around with it.

Ping is the integer next to the player name at the bottom of the screen. (I have perfect latency for testing.) As you can see, this list will tell you how many players are in your lobby and whose the host. I'm quite proud of it. Thus far the Log Out and Continue buttons work, but none of the options so far.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

voltage

-Graphics on Life Meter/Portrait more closely resembles KH1.
-Dusk Character Model created. Needs skinning and animation.

voltage

-Dusk skinned, weight painted & armature built.
-Dusk Idle animation completed.
-Dusk implemented in game.
-Changes to character selection screen.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

voltage

-Team Battle and Free For All mode selection created, needs additional code.
-Olympus Coliseum created, needs skin.
-Additions made to Temple of Time.
-Temple of Time added to Map Selection.

I retconed a decision to entirely remove Nintendo from the equation. Instead I decided to simply add this map, because I'm very happy with it. I'm working really hard to reach a demo release as I should continue on with my own IP's. Additionally, I believe I'm going to end the project after a demo release unless by popular demand everyone seeks to have more content.

Xbox 360 controller support is planned. However, it may or may not make it in release.

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
-Team Battle and Free For All mode selection created, needs additional code.
-Olympus Coliseum created, needs skin.
-Additions made to Temple of Time.
-Temple of Time added to Map Selection.

I retconed a decision to entirely remove Nintendo from the equation. Instead I decided to simply add this map, because I'm very happy with it. I'm working really hard to reach a demo release as I should continue on with my own IP's. Additionally, I believe I'm going to end the project after a demo release unless by popular demand everyone seeks to have more content.

Xbox 360 controller support is planned. However, it may or may not make it in release.
I wish you luck with your project, mate!

Chuuya

Awards
I wish you good luck Voltage! You're doing great so far! :D

voltage

Thank you so much you two! The overall support has been awesome. I hope you like it when it comes around. It's nearly there. I would guesstimate I'm 60% done feature wise? Seems right.

Added:
-Shadow Walk Animation
-Dusk Walk Animation
-Dusk Run Animation
-Dusk Jump Animation
-Animations Sync over Network Support
-Quit Button added to Main Menu
-Partial Xbox 360 controller support added to Window's only Machines.

voltage

Apologies if this is unexciting. I'm currently editing Requiem's gameplay and this looked really cool to me. *Not an Update*

8S9jnr5.png

Chuuya

Awards
It actually looks really cool! I can't wait till it's done! I still wish you good luck with finishing it! :D

voltage

I can't lie guys, the closer I get to completion - the more I get worried. I really don't want this baby to get slapped with a CND letter. I think about not adding my company name to the finished product, so I have no attachments if something goes wrong. But if I don't - there'll be that one guy out there that takes my game and claims he made it. I can't let that happen.. And then I worry if I email my followers a copy, will they seed it on game websites and get it CND'd? Many worries, I love this little project. And I'd hate to see Disney or Square kill it. Technically speaking, I can already release a gameplay video, but I want to keep it a little quiet for now. Combat is still in it's infancy, but it's begun.

Today I made this new player selection screen. The background will be whatever map you chose, so while you're picking your character, you can watch the battle of other players live. It's going to be cool! Oh! And we have a new friend, he says hi. :)

Also, I've added music and sfx to the menus and maps. It sounds amazing.

F5jfQYH.png

vYfE57X.png

Last edited:

Chuuya

Awards
That's good to hear you're about finished! I can definitely understand your worries. You've done a good job! Well, I do hope all goes well and I think this will be fun to play! :)

voltage

That's good to hear you're about finished! I can definitely understand your worries. You've done a good job! Well, I do hope all goes well and I think this will be fun to play! :)
Thanks for always stopping by. I look forward to hearing how you like the actual game. I'm not ready to show gameplay until I'm happy with the combat. It's my first time making it.

Chuuya

Awards
Sure! I hope to play it soon! I can be able to wait awhile if that's what's needed and I'm glad you're taking the time to work with the combat. I hope you get it to where it's just like how you want it to be. And don't worry about it being the first time, the more you work at it, the more you'll improve! I have faith in you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back