• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Fan Video Game (Working Title)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venx

I didn't say much the last months, but I'm always stopping by, too! I'm really looking forward to this, it looks like a fun little game! And don't worry to much about it. I don't think there is any way in that you could be embarassed by the game. To me it looks really good for a hobby game.
And I don't think people can steal games like this. I mean you have all the data and it's you who made this. You had the ideas to make this, so it wouldn't be the same game without your own personal input.

voltage

Thanks guys. You're partially why I keep pushing. There are literal days where I spend 8 hours straight on the most minuet details. And that's for my lack of experience - networking code is tough. It's been my obsession for the past year. This is my third project utilizing this network solution, but the first game to be completed. I started learning networking code in February of this year. I'm looking forward to playing with my friends on the game and I wouldn't mind adding you guys on Evolve to battle me. When the game is in it's final stages, I'll explain how the connection process works. It's not your traditional lobby/server system. It could've been, but this game isn't profitable, so I went with a free solution.

As far as progress goes:

-Player Deaths added.
-Change character and name before respawn optional.
-Patched glitches with current players in server list not appearing.
-Added "Host" or "Client" names automatically to players just entering the Server and not naming themselves yet. You will see these names appear in the 'Players in Server List' if you enter the battlefield before another.
-Changed color scheme of all in-game menus.
-Made additions to the main menu screen.
-Added the ability to manually change the port number when launching a Server.

Last edited:

voltage

Pushing for a faster release, so the following content is made temp unavailable unless many people like the game and want more content:

-Team Battle Mode
-Temple of Time
-Olympus Coliseum
-Soldier Heartless
-Additional Characters

I understand if some might be disappointed. I'm trying to get this game in your hands sooner rather than later. I hope you understand that I'm also itching to work on my own intellectual property, because I need to start a career. It's on hold until I can lay this project to rest. So with that being said, the game is near 90% completion and will be in your hands soon enough. I look forward to seeing the public's reaction and if I get an influx of forum members pming me and/or leaving a comment in this thread, it'll be a clear indicator to me that the people want more. And I will deliver more if many people want it.

The only content left to cover is options, host options and combat. This will take the majority of my time and therefore content needed to be cut in-order to finish this in a timely fashion. Thank you.

voltage

Working with RagDoll physics for the first time. lol Not sure if I'll use them in this game, but we'll see.

gnXcmDb.png

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
You're doing great! It's normal for some to disagree. You say you have lack of experience, so it's okay if it isn't perfect! You definitely know more about coding and programming than me lol. xD

voltage

This is a soft launch in many sorts. The game is nearly complete!! Combat is complete for Shadow, Ice and Fire Requiem! There are a few known bugs, but they're not major - nor game breaking. You may even find it favorable in your combat experience. Dusk has all hit reactions in place, as well as movement. All he needs left is an attack. No options or host options yet, but maybe they're not necessary for first launch. I just want people to get their hands on it. A 1080p monitor will be necessary without options. Controller support will be finished before launch. It's coming soon! I don't suspect many people will play this game, but maybe I'll be surprised. I'm open to modder's hacking into the game and creating their own content. Whatever makes the game thrive. If people like it, I'm all about it.

Last edited:

Eri

French therory with Once Upon a Time :
[video=youtube;x83fFJ-wmIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x83fFJ-wmIs[/video]

Chuuya

Awards
This is a soft launch in many sorts. The game is nearly complete!! Combat is complete for Shadow, Ice and Fire Requiem! There are a few known bugs, but they're not major - nor game breaking. You may even find it favorable in your combat experience. Dusk has all hit reactions in place, as well as movement. All he needs left is an attack. No options or host options yet, but maybe they're not necessary for first launch. I just want people to get their hands on it. A 1080p monitor will be necessary without options. Controller support will be finished before launch. It's coming soon! I don't suspect many people will play this game, but maybe I'll be surprised. I'm open to modder's hacking into the game and creating their own content. Whatever makes the game thrive. If people like it, I'm all about it.
I can't wait! *excitement intensifies*
I hope this will thrive! Good luck as always! :wink:

voltage

I've done some thinking and I decided to release the game as is. There are still some bugs, but I'm dropping support for it. If anyone wants to modify it, feel free. I'm not personally happy with the final outcome, more so glad it's over and I can move on with better development skills. I've grown with this experience and I'm happy for those who sat around watching it grow. I'll personally send you a download link. I'll give out source code to anyone who wants to adopt this game and make it their own. Controller support has been dropped. You should expect a download available in about a week or two.

Chuuya

Awards
Okay, at least you won't have to worry about it anymore. You did so much work on it, you did good. :)

voltage

Well thank you guys! OP delivers:

Check your inboxes for the link. To others, inbox me if you want a copy.

It's labeled specifically anonymous because I don't want to deal with backlash. (Not really worth it if you ask me.) Hope you get a fun 5 minutes or so guys!

Download Evolve if you need anonymous connection with others:
https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back