• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts episode IV-VI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotaHero21

So It has just occurred to me though I find this theory unpleasant, and hopefully unlikely to happen. Xehanorts "saga" is coming to an end, and I think it is mostly excepted that by the end of kh3's credits he will no longer exist, in any form... hopefully.

This of course leads to the question of, who could possibly be next? Terra, Riku, Aqua, Ven? Any strange twist could occur but of course we still have new characters to be introduced.
Despite this feel a strange connection to star wars suddenly, not that there hasn't been signs that the sci-fi trilogy is influencing this great fantasy epic. But I am now concerned with something numora said, in which I think though am not 100% about this, he commented along the lines: "Kingdom hearts is sora's story"

Now call me crazy but I did not here "Sora will always be the hero" If I'm wrong then thank god, but if i'm right be prepared. Because if i'm right then sora could very well be are next villain...
Hold it don't walk away I know what your saying, "no way!!", "this guys crazy!!"

But here me out, if we are to assume that star wars has had an influence on this series (your in denial if you don't think so) then we can assume that the xehanort saga could in fact be viewed as the prequel star wars trilogy, and it does in fact carry some similarities to it.

Now with that being said Sora has been given a prophecy, that he will open the door to light and while you can argue that this happened in kh2 I would say that door led to the realm of light, not the light hidden in the darkness, trapped within kingdom hearts. So the door has not been opened at all. Leaving the prophecy unresolved as of yet. Now if i'm not mistaken anikin had a nifty prophecy handed over to him, to bring balance to the force(scary how similar these are). I hope you've figured out where this is going.

To make a long thread short I believe numora is setting sora up, like with anikin we have caught glimpses of sora's rage, we know its there, ask vexen about it. They both have a cryptic prophecy given to them and are both assumed by those aligned with them to indeed be the true hope. So then with all these simalarties I cant help but think numora is parreleling them.
Anyways what are you guys thoughts, feel free to tear this theory a new one, I don't really support it myself, having faith that numora is more creative then this. Still playing the devils advacit is fun. So then lets go people, get to it.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think Nomura is trying to make Sora an antihero or tragic hero. Sora's just a normal kid with good intentions. That's the way he'll always be. I just don't see him turning evil any time soon. We've had characters like that already, no need to make the main one like them.

vnnk

I don't think this will happen Nomura has taken enough from star wars as it is :D. Plus i can honestly say that Sora will never Turn to the dark. The only incidences of this happening is when someone wants to become stronger kind of a self obsession. But one thing is certain Sora At one point will have to face the darkness in his heart as Every person should within the Keyblader quota

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
yes I do think star wars has been heavely influenced on the series but Nomura did say in an interview that even after KH3 Sora will remain the main protagonist. If anyone in the gang were likely to become a villain its most likely Riku.

Maxyli138

It's true KH is similar to Star Wars, but I really doubt Sora will ever turn evil, but it's possible that he accidentally does something bad without realizing it and it turns into a big problem later. There are so many "what if"s and "maybe"s for this series.

Xorne

I doubt they'd let it get too close to being like Star Wars. It's possible that Sora could turn at some point but I think it would likely end with his friends fighting to bring him to redemption - not to defeat him in some kind of physical battle (mental/emotional possibly). And I'd imagine that would be something that would either start or remain in the middle of a potential game / saga, not end it. But those are just my thoughts. :)

Maxyli138

yes I do think star wars has been heavely influenced on the series but Nomura did say in an interview that even after KH3 Sora will remain the main protagonist. If anyone in the gang were likely to become a villain its most likely Riku.

I don't think Riku will become a villain again after how hard he tried to overcome his darkness the first time.

axel95

Awards
the more I think about this, the more I see it as a possibilty. I highly doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't rule anything out with nomura...

DanX

But if Sora did become the games villain for "IV-VI" and he was always the hero then he would kind of have to be playable, so I don't see that happening in a Disney game.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I actually think this theory is really possible. I've been thinking for a while that itd be kind o a cool twist if Sora became an anti-hero.
but now that I realize this has already happened with Anakin in Star Wars, it's pretty lame hahaha.
I now hope they dont do that, I'd rather a Vanitas main villain. but if something does happen to sora, I hope Ventus or Roxas is his Luke hahahahaha.
-As in Ventus/Roxas becomes the new Main protagonist.

Last edited:

NotaHero21

I agree with most of you on your points that numora probably wouldn't do this. And I pray that our faith is not misplaced.

Some of you brought up vanitas though, and this I approve of :D he would make a superb main villain, so much so that I feel he out preformed MX in BBS. Also no more riku as a villain, after everything he went through to escape the darkness it might break my heart to have to kill him..

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Being half-owned by Disney means no evil Sora in KH3.

And no hitting "puberty" for poor Sora either.

NotaHero21

Being half-owned by Disney means no evil Sora in KH3.

And no hitting "puberty" for poor Sora either.

I think BBS may show that disney is growing more willing to comply with squar as far as censorship goes, epic mikey's dark storyline also is further proof that the beloved company is getting more ballsy. An anti hero is not out of the question, they had no problem making riku a villian for a time.

And I agree with you on the puberty thing >.<

.:Mega:.

Awards
Sora's just a normal kid with good intentions.

He was, anyway, until Nomura decided to make everyone connected to Sora somehow.

I actually liked Sora in the first game and CoM, but now I find him one of the most boring characters in the series. Do I want to see him turn evil? No. What I want is for them to move away from Sora, should the series really go on for a long time. Nomura may love Sora, but he's become too important.

It's for this reason that I don't want to see him become a Keyblade Master (not to mention that it just doesn't suit his carefree personality).

PianoxLullaby

Website
www.pianoxlullaby.deviantart.com
I honestly could never see Sora becoming a villain. The closest we're gonna get is Anti-Sora and Vanitas.

Also, Square/Disney making Riku a villain vs. making Sora a villain is completely different. Besides, Riku was a "special" kind of villain. One you see happen a lot, actually. He was the best friend that was "mislead." He wasn't REALLY a bad guy, you just had to make him realize he was acting like a complete idiot.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
I still think Sora should sacrifice his heart at the end of KH3 to save the universe, he "disappears" in the sense he's dead, but they don't call it that in the KH universe, and the series would be over. No one was messing around with the worlds before MX, so it seems unlikely that someone would be able to again after Mx/Xehanort/etc.

jordand

I really can't imagine Sora turning dark. Never say never though right?

I think the idea of Riku 'relapsing' into darkness again would've been cool. The reason I don't really think it would work is because it wasn't set up to happen that way. IMO i dont have a doubt in my mind that Riku is done with his dark ways. If they showed that he was still struggling with it then maybe... Idk, time will tell.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I can't see Sora ever turning evil looking his curren't personality. Anakin always wanted more and it's not Sora who have taken Anakins role, is it? Terra was about to do and Riku could do it (again kinda). Riku would make a good enemy but he have been evil before. I would like to see him as one of the Final bosses though (very final) and it would make a good cliffhanger if a game ended with Riku switching side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back