• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts: Destati

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Yes, you do recall correctly, but I don't doubt that Aloz has several tools up his sleeve, such as the ability to identify someone or thing from their quintessence.

Aloz has been in contact with Xando before, and I don't think it'd be too hard for Aloz to test his memory of Xando's quintessence against Phantasm's.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Damn, still no more answers.
At least this time it's not more questions.

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Hmm... Interesting.

My university has one helluva wifi problem. Just before I couldn't log in and had to go creative by trying many methods t oget it working. NOW it is stuck at the 'You're logged in' page and cannot go anywhere else! And I can't log off! WTF!!!

Putting this from a CC. >_>

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
That makes no sense, somehow you're able to post this while still encountering these problems?
Lol, jk.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
That's just a name, as far as I'm concerned, he's the adopted son of Master Xehanort, after all...

Merlin326

That's just a name, as far as I'm concerned, he's the adopted son of Master Xehanort, after all...

that is correct. besides his skill in regular magic, Xando possesses no special powers. he relies mainly on his wit and physical abilities. the title also serves him later on (Part II and onward) to remind him what he is fighting for and why Xehanort must be stopped.

the next chapter will be up late tonight or tomorrow evening (i wanted to finish it yesterday, but there were other plans, namely The Dark Knight).

EDIT: the next chapter will be up... now!
Fragmented Tale Finale
Duel of Fate
Present day​

Sora removed the crown necklace, a gift from Kairi for his 6th birthday, and held it out to Aloz. Aloz’s eyes beamed with triumph, and nodded to Sora. Sora gave one last look at the pendent, and threw it to Aloz, who caught it without difficulty.

“A bargain?” Sora asked, though he fully expected the Morph to run off with Kairi as hostage. Aloz looked from the pendent, the Key to Kingdom Hearts, in his hand to Kairi beside him, his sword against her throat, and smiled. In one swift motion, Aloz used the hand holding the Key to the Kingdom to push Kairi forward, lifting up the hand with his sword just in time to only split a hair. The force of his push sent Kairi stumbling towards Sora, who caught her and gave a strange look at Aloz. Although he was, of course, relieved, Sora could not help but wonder why Aloz gave up a hostage.

“I am many things, Sora,” Aloz said, as if reading Sora’s mind, “You see me as a villain, a monster, and a murderer. But above all else … I am a man of my word. I did not harm Kairi, as I promised.” For a moment, Sora could have sworn he saw a hint of sadness in Aloz’s eyes, but it vanished so quickly he could not tell if he had imagined it or not. Aloz looked up past Sora and added, “However, I can make no promises about what the Heartless will do.”

Catching the last line, Sora turned and saw a gigantic dragon-shaped Heartless heading directly towards them. Sora turned back towards Aloz, but the Morph was already running into the castle and out of sight. Suddenly, Sora heard a voice behind him and three pairs of footsteps.

“You two help Sora! Aloz is mine!”

Sora turned in time to see the Trench Coat Brigade, with Phantasm in the lead, heading right for them. Aqua and Axel slowed to a stop beside Sora while Phantasm continued on to engage Aloz.

“If any of you die,” Phantasm shouted as he disappeared into the castle, “I will personally kill you!”
----------------------
Phantasm charged through the castle, cutting a path of destruction and death through the ranks of Heartless that were unfortunate enough to stand in his path. As he ran, he reflected upon everything he had learned about the Morph (and himself) during this war. It seems that due to their unique… births, both he and Aloz could read the others mind with relative ease. Aloz did not seem to be aware of this power yet, or at least had not given any sign of it. But then, Aloz was the only who was not fooled by the guise of Phantasm; only Aloz had guessed his true identity. But Aloz was also far cleverer than most normal human beings, and that could very well be the reason for learning the truth.

As Phantasm turned the final corner, he saw Aloz the Dark, standing on the other side of the large foyer they found themselves standing in. for reasons Phantasm could not guess, the Heartless entering through the main door gave them both a wide berth, staying close to the walls as they entered, as if they wanted to give the two warriors the room they needed to engage.

Suspecting a trap, Phantasm unsheathed his two remaining swords and held them at the ready, but Aloz made no move to attack. In fact, he had no weapons at all.

“Ah, at last we meet here, finally ready for the climatic showdown between the two brothers.”

“I am NOT your brother!” Phantasm shot back.

“Do not deny your destiny,” Aloz said, “you know as well as I the connection we share. That is how you have been able to thwart my schemes so many times.”

“If you knew, why did you not stop me?”

“I wanted to see just how smart you were. I wanted to see just how far you could get without any… unnecessary interference. But now the game ends, boy. There is no longer a need for masks.”
Phantasm nodded in agreement, and slipped off his mask with one hand and pulled back his hood, revealing his face. Aloz studied his opponent for a moment, and laughed.

“I see. So that’s how you did it.”

“Enough of this,” Phantasm said, “This ends here, Aloz. I can’t allow your evil to continue with this mad scheme of yours.”

Again Aloz laughed. “You know as well as I my true intentions. Don’t you agree with me? All the problems in this universe, if everything were destroyed, all the problems would be gone. There would be no more evil, no more Xehanorts, and no more Heartless. Isn’t that what you, and what the Keyblade Wielders, want? Don’t you see? If everything were to vanish, there would be no more conflicts.”

“I refuse to vanish,” Phantasm said, “All things, even Morphs, have the right to live once they are born. This much I have learned from Sora and his ideals. Even you, Aloz, have the right to live. But that does not give you the right to destroy everything, just because you think it would end all the problems in the universe! To protect the universe I cherish, and those that I call friend, I will destroy you, Aloz the Dark!”

Aloz seemed taken aback for a moment, and Phantasm continued his speech. “But you have my sympathies, Aloz. All that you were, all that you could have been… I pity you.” Noticing a hint of sadness in Aloz’s eyes, Phantasm pressed on. “Does it depress you, Aloz? How alone you truly are? You’ve seen what it’s like to be someone like Sora, like someone you used to be. I think, perhaps, you and Sora could have been friends, if only you did not give up hope on the people in this universe.”

For the first time in his life, Aloz the Dark was struck speechless, unable to recover from the words stinging his blacked heart. For a moment, compassion returned to those eyes, and when Aloz spoke, it was in a voice that had known only kindness. “Is that what the other me… would have said?”

Then it was gone, and all that remained in Aloz’s golden eyes was the hatred and madness he was known for. “No, this is the only way! Humans cannot overcome the darkness, and neither can the heart. Both will drown in darkness unless someone can put an end to the darkness itself! And since darkness comes from the heart, the only WAY TO STOP THE DARKNESS IS TO DESTROY THE SOURCE OF HEARTS! KINGDOM HEARTS!!!!”

Aloz held out his hands, and two swords materialized in them. He glared at Phantasm with an unrivaled fury and said, “Goodbye, you failed excuse for a Morph! You can have that gentle peace and compassion you crave… and leisurely ROT IN IT!”

Aloz blindly charged toward Phantasm, and Phantasm barely had time to tumble out of the way to avoid being trampled by the dark Morph. Phantasm jumped to his feet with his blades spinning, his mind whirling.
He was no psychologist, and the theories and hunches he had based this encounter off wasn’t an exact science. However, Phantasm had hoped that his speech would awaken the thing that lied dormant inside Aloz. If he could have done that, Aloz would no longer have been a threat to any of them. However, it seemed Aloz was stronger in mind and willpower than Phantasm had expected, and did not seem to be aversely affected (aside from the rage) by Phantasm’s speech.

However, Aloz got more than he bargained for by deciding to fight Phantasm. Now, they were in his world, the world of combat. While Aloz swung his swords in a blind fury, hoping to land a blow, Phantasm calmly sidestepped some of the powerful swings and easily parried the rest, all the while carefully noting Aloz’s style.

Because in this world, life was strong.

Seeing an opening in Aloz’s practically nonexistent defenses, Phantasm blocked a double down slash from Aloz with one blade and thrust the other between the blades, impaling Aloz in the arm. The pain brought sense and reasoning back to Aloz, and he stepped back to begin a more cautious assault.

In this world, life was an open book.

Aloz’s new assault, while not carrying the sheer strength he had been using moments ago, forced Phantasm back on the defensive. He stepped back with each blow, once again analyzing Aloz’s patterns and searching for a weak point once again. His eyes also darted left and right, scanning the room for anything that might prove useful in his battle.

In this world, one was all.

Spotting an opening right after a horizontal slash with his right-hand blade, Phantasm lunged forward with his left-hand sword. However, this ‘weak point’ was a ruse, and Aloz crossed over his arm with his left hand and slashed Phantasm’s lower arm. Phantasm jumped back and analyzed the wound. It was a deep gash, but it was not life threatening and probably wouldn’t hinder his ability much.

In this world, you never feared the fall.

Phantasm decided it was time for a change of pace, and met Aloz’s oncoming charge with one of his own. Right before Aloz struck, Phantasm vaulted over him, landing directly behind the Morph. Aloz turned and brought his blades up just in time to block Phantasm new offensive attack. Phantasm gave Aloz no chance to counter, instead choosing to keep up his offensive with one attack right after the other, giving Aloz no time to even think of a counter maneuver.

In this world, you had to make your own way.

Finally, Aloz saw his opening. Phantasm’s attacks were forcing Aloz’s blades higher and higher, and that could only mean one thing. As Aloz suspected, Phantasm’s next attack was the double thrust low, aimed perfectly below Aloz’s defenses. Aloz brought his blades downward, catching Phantasm’s in the ‘V’ they formed. The instant they collided, Aloz brought his foot up between them. However, Phantasm had originally been the one to discover this new attack pattern, and would not have it pulled on him so easily. As Aloz brought his foot up, Phantasm dislodged his blades and jumped back, out of range.

In this world, life was just a game you played.

Unable to stop himself in time, Aloz’s kick knocked him off balance, and he fell backward to the floor. However, the Morph quickly sprang to his feet, eager to continue his deadly dance with Phantasm. The two continued their duel; no quarter was given, and none was asked for.

Phantasm thrust both his swords forward and Aloz, calling his bluff, did not budge. Both blades passed right by him harmlessly. Using his own blades and the momentum from Phantasm’s attack, Aloz knocked the blades out of Phantasm’s hands and closed in for the kill.

In this world, where compromise did not exist…

Aloz thrust his blade forward, intending to finish this battle once and for all. However, Phantasm had one last trick up his sleeve, or rather up his elbow. He jumped to the side of Aloz’s lunge and laughed.

“You think I am easily beaten without my swords? My friend, I don’t need those weapons to fight…”

Aloz noted Phantasm’s posture. Phantasm stood there with one arm resting on the other, his right hand stroking his chin. Then Aloz noticed it. The hand Phantasm stroked his chin on was resting on his left arm. His left hand was right next to his right elbow. His right elbow was protected by a piece of armor, but his left elbow only had his suit for protection. That only could mean one thing…

Aloz charged toward Phantasm, intending to end this before the tricky devil could defend himself. However, there was too much distance between them. Phantasm quickly pulled off the pad that looked like armor off his right elbow and flicked the switch. He tossed the pad in the air and expertly caught it in his right had just as the blade slide out of the switchblade. Despite the small size of the weapon, Phantasm expertly used it to parry Aloz’s charging attack.

“You cannot be serious!” Aloz shouted, “You’re fighting ME with a switchblade pocket knife?”

“No,” Phantasm said calmly, “I’m BEATING you with a switchblade pocket knife.”

Before Aloz could even compute the meaning of Phantasm’s words, Phantasm swung his blade under Aloz’s defenses and stabbed the Morph in the heart. Aloz cringed and dropped his swords, then stumbled backward. He looked down, looking as if his brain was unable to compute the impossibility of the situation. He, Aloz the Dark, was beaten by Phantasm. It was at that moment Aloz realized his mistake.

In his world of worlds, every step met the rest.

Phantasm did not waste any energy in his attacks. Every movement, every parry, was performed for a reason. Aloz now realized that Phantasm had INTENDED to be disarmed; Aloz would never have been able to deflect a blow from something so small, and he had been too confused by Phantasm’s words to dodge the blow.

But this wasn’t over yet. Aloz had the life force of hundreds of murdered beings at his disposal, and healing the wound was a simple task. However, Phantasm had proven his point; the attack had not been meant to kill the Morph.

“You cannot beat me, Aloz,” Phantasm explained, “we are alike in every way, save this. You plan to destroy the universe, to end the existence of everything. If you fail, the worst possible thing that can happen is death. But you fear death, don’t you? That’s why you eat the Quintessence of others, to grow stronger and cheat death. Because you are afraid of death!”

“And you aren’t?” Aloz shouted back, the wound from the switchblade completely healed, “Are you trying to tell me you don’t fear death?”

“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness,” Phantasm explained, “What awaits beyond we cannot know, and that will frighten most people. But death comes for us all, Aloz the Dark, but something much worse comes for you. For when you die, you die without a purpose. Without a reason to live. That is far worse then death, Aloz. For someone like you, someone who exists without purpose, death is release, not a punishment. But to answer your question, Aloz, I'm not afraid of death. Life is but a passing dream, but the death that follows is eternal. Inevitably, all things die. The only question is when and how. And why.”

Aloz scowled at Phantasm, then suddenly smiled and began to laugh. It was an insane, mad laugh, one that sounded like the breaking of bones and glass and the scratching of fingernails on a chalkboard.

“You talk to me about death,” Aloz said, “You tell me that I fear death. Me? That is laughable, Phantasm. Humorous. No, I do not fear death.”

“Then why do you use Quintessence to heal lethal wounds? Why cheat death time and again?”

“Because I have things I must do! I have a mission to complete, a destiny to fulfill. No man can deny his destiny, Phantasm. Not even me. You think I’m evil? You think I’m a monster. There are more things in this universe, Phantasm, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

“Why do you think there is no hope left for this universe? You have seen Sora’s friendship with Riku! You know their history. Despite his turn to the darkness, Sora managed to forgive him! Riku betrayed Sora’s trust, and later regretted the mistake, and Sora still was able to forgive him.”

“One person cannot change the universe,” Aloz said.

“But one man is all it takes to start something,” Phantasm replied, “All it takes is one man, and an ideal, to start a wave. The tiniest pebble can start a landslide, and the mightiest of trees comes from a humble seed. All it takes is one man, and some time, to change the universe.”

Aloz shook his head. “It is too late for me, or for this universe. I made my choice, Phantasm. And there is one thing about your philosophy I will agree with. It is our choices that make us who we are. This is who I am.” Then Aloz’s body began to dissipate; the Morph was leaving.

“Where are you going?” Phantasm demanded, fully realizing what was about to happen.

“Oh, I’m just going to go have some fun,” Aloz said as his body vanished, “You know, a little song, a little dance…” Then Aloz gave one final line before vanishing completely, “…Sora’s head on a lance.”

And then he was gone, leaving only the unmasked Phantasm behind. Without even taking the time to fully think through what Aloz had said, Phantasm turned and booked for the hallway, not even slowing as he bent down and picked up one of his dropped sword along the way. Phantasm didn’t want to think about it, but he knew where Aloz was going; he dreaded it.

As he turned the final corner and quickly glanced around the courtyard, he already realized he was too late.
----------------------------
Ansem the Wise stood on the balcony overlooking the castle. Beside him were King Mickey and Captain Spaulding.

“The Heartless are retreating,” Ansem noted, “Have we driven them off?”

Spaulding shook his head, “I doubt it’s that simple. If they wanted to, those little baddies could have wiped us out like cake.”

King Mickey nodded solemnly. Anyone who knew the captain could tell you that it was a rare occasion for him not to make a joke, even in dire or even deadly circumstances. The man even joked about death. In his own words, Jeffery T. Spalding was a gambling man. He didn’t fear death, calling it ‘the stake one puts up in order to play the game of life.’ So for him not to make a joke on something was a cause for concern. And all three men knew what a sudden retreat from the Heartless meant.

“Aloz has the Key to Kingdom Hearts,” Ansem said, “now our only hope rests on the Keyblade Wielders.”
Suddenly, an explosion shook the castle. All eyes turned towards the source: the castle courtyard. All three could guess the cause.

“Something terrible has happened,” Ansem said glumly, “I can feel it. Death is in the air.”

The trio raced down the castle to the courtyard, where they knew a murder had just taken place. Spaulding was already far ahead of the other two, so Mickey took the moment to speak with his friend.

“Ansem, about Kairi…”

“I know what you are going to say,” Ansem breathed as he ran, “I didn’t tell her about her life here because I didn’t want to cause her any more pain. I didn’t want the memory of her parents and grandmother to cloud her mind. Those three are our only hope of survival now, and they cannot falter event the slightest."

Mickey nodded understandingly, but he still didn’t feel right about it. Sensing his friend’s thoughts, Ansem added, “When this is all over, I will tell her then. I promise.”
because i couldnt expand the idea to a full chapter, i will skip what was origionally going to be the next chapter and go right to the revelation of Xando's fate next chapter.

before i depart for the night, there is one more thing i want to say:

The End Is Near
13 Days...

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I knew it! I knew it!
Take that! Hunches and half-theories ARE useful!

Batman quote! I'm going to see the Darkn Knight in 5 days!

Moar! Moar! Moar!
So this is what it feels like to have a moargasm...o.0

Lanydx

I LOVE your story. You are the steping stones for my fan-fics and I thank you.

Merlin326

I knew it! I knew it!
Take that! Hunches and half-theories ARE useful!

Batman quote! I'm going to see the Darkn Knight in 5 days!

Moar! Moar! Moar!
So this is what it feels like to have a moargasm...o.0

oh, you think you have figured something out? please care to elaborate. *smiles*

and yes, there are actually several quotations and references in this one chapter.

oh, you are going to see The Dark Knight? Have fun there, the movie is amazing. there was an article in the newspaper recently how Heath Ledger deserves an academy award for that movie(the first posthumous one in years). after seeing it, i whole-heartedly agree there. but i wont spoil it for you.

I LOVE your story. You are the steping stones for my fan-fics and I thank you.
Why thank you. i never thought i would inspire anyone with my first/only work.

EDIT: if anyone knows how to get a timer set up in my sig, please let me know.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

The End is Near
12 Days...

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
A count down... Ten days from now. Excellent! That's on a weekend for me, perfect opportunity to get the news as soon as it happens.

You continue to ask me, again and again. The first time was reasonable, but now I've all but forgotten what it was in particular that had me saying that.

Congratulations, Merlin, you are now Number V...

Lanydx

Why make us wait? Are yiu not done yet? Also wait for my fan fic Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days: Lanydx XV

Merlin326

A count down... Ten days from now. Excellent! That's on a weekend for me, perfect opportunity to get the news as soon as it happens.

You continue to ask me, again and again. The first time was reasonable, but now I've all but forgotten what it was in particular that had me saying that.

yes, a countdown. and when it ends... the end begins. (did that make sense to you? if so, can you explain it to me, lol.). be ready, readers. be ready for the end...

and i continue to ask because i am curious what conclusions you came to. there is a clue in that chapter, that much is certain. what it leads to and what it is i leave for you readers to learn. Many such clues have been left throughout this story. its up to you readers to discover them and learn their meaning.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

The End is Near
10 Days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back