• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts & Castle of Illusion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Do you all think there should be a crossover between Kingdom Hearts, and Castle of Illusion?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Having just finished Castle of Illusion, I'm going to have to say no.

It doesn't really have anything to offer for the series. All Castle of Illusion is is a simple game with simple characters and a simple story. Mickey travels through a castle collecting gems to rescue Minnie from an unoriginal villain who then realizes that she was foiled by love and becomes good.

I think we've exhausted the concept of multiple Mickey's. Would be better to just stick with the one and leave it at that.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Please no. I wouldn't mind if Mirzabel were a secret boss in a Kingdom Hearts game, but a crossover? No thanks. The game is iconic and well revered for its time, but the story is dated and honestly we've seen enough Mickey in different stages of his life stories to last us the rest of this saga.

MisrabelHD.png

I find her design pretty uninspired, too. She looks like the Evil Queen and Maleficent merged together.

Also I found that I really don't like CoI in both its original form or the remake.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I've yet to play the full game [only got demo] but I'd have to agree with Sign.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Would it merit a slot in the series? A storyline like Epic Mickey's or the villains like Oswald or Phantom Blot might have greater relevance. Even for a series heavy on duplicates, I can't see Mizrabel having a lasting impression especially cascading against Maleficent, but perhaps she could be a boss in the Disney Castle world. Not sure how a CoI throwback world would work (like the Country of the Musketeers world).

Awards
The game would be non canon to the series. Sora has to defeat Mizrabel because she kidnapped characters like Alice,Cloud,Stitch,tore pieces of the world, and put them within her Castle of Illusion so that she use there hearts to obtain Kingdom Hearts for herself.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The game would be non canon to the series. Sora has to defeat Mizrabel because she kidnapped characters like Alice,Cloud,Stitch,tore pieces of the world, and put them within her Castle of Illusion so that she use there hearts to obtain Kingdom Hearts for herself.
Why would they make a separate, non-canon game that is basically the 3DS version of Castle of Illusion but with Sora?

Do you all think there should be a crossover between Kingdom Hearts, and Castle of Illusion?
Kingdom Hearts is already a cross-over with a lot of things. Having Castle of Illusion in there wouldn't be a new cross-over, it would just be another Disney crossover.

Besides, we have enough creepy castles where odd things occur already.

Gonzales95

Awards
I don't see the point to be honest. Castle of Illusion is a good platform game with a self contained story, which is basically just an excuse to play the game and not much more. It could possibly work with Maleficent instead of Mizrabel, because she was clearly designed to be based upon Maleficent and the Evil Queen. I'd rather just see Maleficent return to her original castle in Enchanted Dominion rather than unnecessarily add a new world to the canon, especially one based off of a fairly irrelevant franchise.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That sounds exactly like Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for the 3DS but probably not as bad because Disney wouldn't be able to rush SE like they did DreamRift. Lol, no thanks honestly. Why do we need one game for something like this? I feel like it'd be CoM but not memories.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I view Castle of Illusion the same way I view Epic Mickey, great games alone but they have no point to be in KH.

As others have said, we don't need another iteration of Mickey, but even if they didn't do that, if I wanted to go play a video game in a world based off either of those 2 franchises, I'd just go play the game. The only thing I'd want to take off of Castle of Illusion is giving the Evil Queen in KH magical powers. Mizrabel, while looking like a Maleficent x Evil Queen hybrid, is really just based off of the Evil Queen, I guess Disney thought making her more pointy would be scary so she kind of gets a Maleficent-vibe. In many interviews I read and watched, they refer to Mizrabel being inspired by only the Evil Queen and I'm okay with that.

The Evil Queen is one of the Disney's most cunning villains and definitely one of their spotlight ones alongside Maleficent and the Ravenna in the original fairytale actually had magical powers to make her a formidable enemy. It was never stated that the Evil Queen in Disney DIDN'T have magical powers and honestly, giving her powers like those in Castle of Illusions could make her a VERY formidable opponent, perhaps enough to be a new Disney-leader if SE views Maleficent as unsalvageable.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I love the CoI property, but probably not. Maybe, though, as a sort of hub for a mini world or something, IT COULD WORK

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Castle of Illusion is a great game, but it has no place in Kingdom Hearts. Mickey and his role in the KH universe is already established and I just don't think Castle of Illusion can add anything.

I'm not even sure how I feel about a Mirzabel secret boss considering her design is an Evil Queen ripoff and her character is the stereotypical "old and ugly witch wants to be young and beautiful" plot.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Mizrabel could take on any form like she did in Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion.

We can see that you're trying to justify why this would be a good idea, but you need to give us more to work with instead of grasping at straws.

Awards
Plus how the Castle of Illusion would fit is that King Mickey banish Mizrabel, and the Castle of Illusion to the realm of Darkness were she was fully corrupted with darkness causing the seal to break returning Mizrabel, and the Castle of Illusion to the realm of light.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Plus how the Castle of Illusion would fit is that King Mickey banish Mizrabel, and the Castle of Illusion to the realm of Darkness were she was fully corrupted with darkness causing the seal to break returning Mizrabel, and the Castle of Illusion to the realm of light.

The problem with that is that you're saying a seal can bring back a world to the RoL which adds a whole other complication to the story. What are these seals and where are they in every world?

Also, it's kind of generic to have Mickey banish a bad guy to another realm only to have them return and be more of a nuisance than before *cough* It's pretty much exactly what happened to Pete except by Minnie *cough* the only difference here is that you're giving Mickey the power to banish whole worlds O__O He must be like god if he can move a whole world to the RoD because he feels like it.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
We already have an illusionary castle in KH. It's called Castle Oblivion.

And plus, Mizrabel is just a lookalike of the Evil Queen from Snow White; we already have her. And then if we take into account her Power of Illusion form that's basically Maleficent... we already have the real Maleficent too!

Really, not much room for her in KH at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back