• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced! Amazon has a few more!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced! Limited Amount!

Well, there are MoM editions (preorder of course) on Ebay that are cheaper than Play-Asias asking price, and then of course if you live by NYC or know someone from there, they can score you a MoM copy at the pre-release event 3 days before the game comes out so you should still definitely be able to get a MoM edition, but I'm really sorry that happened to you :(

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well, there are MoM editions (preorder of course) on Ebay that are cheaper than Play-Asias asking price, and then of course if you live by NYC or know someone from there, they can score you a MoM copy at the pre-release event 3 days before the game comes out so you should still definitely be able to get a MoM edition, but I'm really sorry that happened to you :(

Play Asia's pricing is adjusted for international retail since this is being done as a method for people outside of NA to purchase the game.

eBay is nice and all, but it isn't the most trustworthy place and bidding can easily bring the price up. :x

kupo1121

Awards

eBay is nice and all, but it isn't the most trustworthy place and bidding can easily bring the price up. :x

Exactly, so it kind of comes down to a risk. However, if you find a really trustworthy seller, I'm sure you wouldn't have to worry. Besides my games, guides, and some exclusive consoles and figures, a lot of my KH collection comes from Ebay...a lot of it lol O___o

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Exactly, so it kind of comes down to a risk. However, if you find a really trustworthy seller, I'm sure you wouldn't have to worry. Besides my games, guides, and some exclusive consoles and figures, a lot of my KH collection comes from Ebay...a lot of it lol O___o

Not dissing eBay because I do order from them a lot and sell stuff, but even trustworthy sellers aren't trustworthy xD I ordered a book from a high ranking with 99% seller satisfaction and they never sent me my book or responded to my complaint

kupo1121

Awards

Not dissing eBay because I do order from them a lot and sell stuff, but even trustworthy sellers aren't trustworthy xD I ordered a book from a high ranking with 99% seller satisfaction and they never sent me my book or responded to my complaint

Sorry to hear that :( Yeah, I don't know how some people manage to have such consistently high ratings, yet they still turn out to be bad sellers. With Ebay Buyer Protection nowadays (it wasn't around a while ago) you can get refunded for things if they happen. There are rules that apply to it though, I don't know any of them off the top of my head xP

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Sorry to hear that :( Yeah, I don't know how some people manage to have such consistently high ratings, yet they still turn out to be bad sellers. With Ebay Buyer Protection nowadays (it wasn't around a while ago) you can get refunded for things if they happen. There are rules that apply to it though, I don't know any of them off the top of my head xP

:c yeah, and I know a friend who ordered something and it was nothing like described...so it is definitely a gamble. I know that you have to send in your claim in within a certain amount of time.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

This happened to me when I was trying to get a replacement DS Lite. They didn't even respond when I got eBay Customer Care or whatever involved.

Chistosa

Awards

Omg stop, your reminding me of the Trinity Master Pieces that was never mailed to me. ;____;

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign

Alright, so, here's the final verdict.

Went to the store to talk to the manager. He said that they couldn't even take my name for one that got left over because apparently NO ONE pre ordered the MoM edition, and they only get what was pre ordered as far as collector's editions go. He said the best they could do would be for me to come in the day after it releases, and they'll call all of the GameStops around us and see if anybody had any left that they could ship to me here.

So all of them are sold out everywhere now? GameStop, Best Buy, everywhere? :(

Zul

Awards

I usually only trust newegg and the "ceritified" amazon sellers. I never use Ebay.

My experiences with buying any "special" and/or "limited" version of a game is that I'm overly ecstatic when I get it, then moments later contemplate why I burned the extra money.

My hats off to Diablo 3 collector's edition owners.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Alright, so, here's the final verdict.

Went to the store to talk to the manager. He said that they couldn't even take my name for one that got left over because apparently NO ONE pre ordered the MoM edition, and they only get what was pre ordered as far as collector's editions go. He said the best they could do would be for me to come in the day after it releases, and they'll call all of the GameStops around us and see if anybody had any left that they could ship to me here.

So all of them are sold out everywhere now? GameStop, Best Buy, everywhere? :(

I think Play Asia is the only place left. D:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Nope, PlayAsia is out too :(

Oh no. D: With pre-orders though, I was told once that the rule is to hold them for a day or two after release and then they become available to the public. Some managers will keep them longer if you stay in contact with them and reassure them that you're interested.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

That's the plan, basically. I go in Wednesday, and they start making phone calls.

Maybe even call around yourself too, just because your GS sounds slightly incompetent. It's entirely possible that someone won't pick up their copy in your area and if you keep at it you might just be able to procure one.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

AyQztzzCUAAKRQG.jpg
JOSH WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME.FOR GOD SAKES I WAS UP AT 2 FUCKING AM WAITING WITH YOU AND YOU SAID IT DIDNT COME. I WILL MURDER YOU!!!!!
SDEWMOIUGFHUKSOEBFGUBREFT

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D Collector's Edition Announced! Pretty Much Sold Out!

So should I preorder the game (already have a 3DS)? Because this is giving bad vibes about going to get the game on the release date.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

So should I preorder the game (already have a 3DS)? Because this is giving bad vibes about going to get the game on the release date.
It looks like KH3D is still available, but the MoM is not. If I were you I would pre-order KH3D just to ensure they ship enough copies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

It looks like KH3D is still available, but the MoM is not. If I were you I would pre-order KH3D just to ensure they ship enough copies.

I'll do that then. I want this on the exact release date, and nothing's gonna stop me from getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back