• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Final Mix

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It could happen. It has happened. Or...are we finally getting the complete game to end this saga? If there was a Final Mix version which I presumably sure its going to happen. It'd could lead to another prequel or a tease of the future that is yet to come.

What are your thoughts? And once they do announce it which is obviously far ahead. Will we see it over seas in time?

Shogo-Kun

Awards
If a Final Mix does happen, I imagine it will only be through DLC. I doubt they'll rerelease the game just for a few new additions.

Emperor

I'm pretty sure they'll release a Final Mix since they've done it for all the other numbered titles. At this point it would feel weird if they didn't do it for KH3. I would also imagine that it would have content promoting the next saga.

Edit: Forgot they haven't done a Final Mix for 3D but still.

If a Final Mix does happen, I imagine it will only be through DLC. I doubt they'll rerelease the game just for a few new additions.

This.

Speedshocker

It would be very, very weird if we didn't get a Final Mix for KHIII.
My only worry...is that they won't release it internationally. :/

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The fact that a Final Mix would basically be DLC makes it very likely that it would be released internationally.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It'd probs be DLC first then get a Final Mix release with all of the DLC on the disk like every GOTY/DE version of a game out there. So of course it'd release in the west. They'd be dumb not to do it.

Last edited:

Azurene King

I'm sure everything will be included in this FINAL Final game, otherwise I would feel quite disappointed. Although not as disappointed as I felt when I got Destiny.

WastedPenguin

Awards
I think its a bit too soon to discuss this since the full content of KH3 isnt even decided yet. But if it would happen they will definitely release the Final Mix content as DLC or as a GOTY edition because we live in a time with Networks suchs as PSN, XBOX Live, Steam etc and Square Enix knows that. Also i wouldnt be worried that they wont release it in the west because they showed us with KH 1.5 and KH 2.5 that they are finally willed to release Final Mixes overseas since they know how big the fanbase outside of Japan is.
I think that the content of KH3 Final Mix will be bigger than ever before because now with DLCs/ability to deliver patches for games via networks they have the possibility to implement ideas which couldnt make it into the official release.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I knew it was too early to ask but looking at today's releases thanks to the technical support it'd be great to see how they're going to have it this time. Seeing how they have been doing this traditionally though gets you thinking that they may head back to old habits which I doubt and hope not.

Would like to have to have the full game rather than DLC.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If KH3 FM takes over a decade to be released internationally, I'll just scream. I could deal with DLC as long as it's not anything that's essential to the plot.

... This is assuming that I would even have the means to play KH3 when it's released. Chances are I'll be able to play it for myself five years after its initial release, so maybe the actual Final Mix version will be out by then.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To be honest I'd rather see that they deliver a complete and unrushed KH III that already has everything that is needed so that there is no real need for anything resembling a Final Mix.
DLC for additional arena tournaments, keyblades, costumes etc. is probably a given nowadays anyways but I wouldn't really label this "Final Mix".

The Final Mix for the first KH was only made after the unexpected success of the title to provide more groundwork for further story (like the Xemnas-fight) and to give the extra bosses (like Sephiroth) to the japanese audience as well since the western release of KH 1 had some elements that were not in the original japanese version.

The Final Mix for KH II however was more something akin to salvage the rushed mess that the original KH II was, which is shown plainly by just how much new content the Final Mix of KH II had as both the KH I Final Mix as well as the BBS Final Mix were rather tame compared to it.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
To be honest I'd rather see that they deliver a complete and unrushed KH III that already has everything that is needed so that there is no real need for anything resembling a Final Mix.
DLC for additional arena tournaments, keyblades, costumes etc. is probably a given nowadays anyways but I wouldn't really label this "Final Mix".

The Final Mix for the first KH was only made after the unexpected success of the title to provide more groundwork for further story (like the Xemnas-fight) and to give the extra bosses (like Sephiroth) to the japanese audience as well since the western release of KH 1 had some elements that were not in the original japanese version.

The Final Mix for KH II however was more something akin to salvage the rushed mess that the original KH II was, which is shown plainly by just how much new content the Final Mix of KH II had as both the KH I Final Mix as well as the BBS Final Mix were rather tame compared to it.

I have to agree, the KHII Final Mix was much more of an improvement. While the final mix for KH and BbS felt like extra additions to a full game (well, a mostly full game in BbS's case), KHII Final Mix felt like what KHII would have looked like if they didn't rush the game.

As for a KHIII Final Mix, I'd be seriously disappointed if this wasn't the case. I agree that it will most likely be DLC, and I can almost guarantee that the Final Mix will be present eventually.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
As long as they don't purposefully pull things out of KH3 to have content for this Final Mix. I'm all for extra videos and content, but not if they either lock it on the disc until you pay or take it out intentionally so you have to pay. I want KH3 to be made as perfect and whole as possible, then they can give me add-ons for content.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Those extras like Cavern of Remembrance and extra bosses made a huge difference for me in Kingdom Hearts II. I really hope Kingdom Hearts III has something similar.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
You know what would be really cool? Instead of simply creating a new Unknown Boss or a secret movie to tease for the nest installment, they could combine both into something like the secret RoD sequence from BBS FM. Start it out all cryptic and confusing like most secret movies... cut to a character you're familiar with. Realize you can control the character and guide them through a massive area. Get to the end, discover the Unknown Boss there, throw a lot of hints and foreshadowing around before and after the fight. End with a very enticing cutscene to tease for what's to come.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I agree with you on all of your points, and I don't think anybody wants an incomplete product but it is undeniable that we are in an age of DLC.

If Nomura was fine with having three versions of Kingdom Hearts, two versions of KH2, three versions of BBS, and the existence of chi/Unchained X, he probably is fine with DLC and will probably have plenty of ideas post-release to make into DLC if he and the devs are able to do it regardless if KH3 is shipped as a 100% complete package.

And DLC doesn't mean a game is being shipped rushed or incomplete. The problem is that we see too many games that rely on DLC are often rushed or intentionally remove content from the game to sell later on. But look at games like The Last of Us or The Witcher 3. They are full, complete games that feel like complete games but also have DLC that adds little bonuses and story content that was made after the release of the game. There is nothing necessarily bad with that as long as it is only enhancing the experience. Now if it was DLC in the vein of XIII-2's DLC where it was actually COMPLETING the story, now that would be worthy of complaining about.

If we're going to have to contend with DLC at some point, I would be happy with DLC to enhance and extend my enjoyment of KH3 post-game and then see it released as a Final Mix with the DLC content and maybe more. It's pretty much an industry standard now for big blockbuster games. Also I can't see SE and Disney letting KH3 release without some DLC plans in place.

The perfect scenario in our DLC-laden world would be like how SF5 is and we can unlock everything in-game but can also choose pay to unlock it if we don't have the time or skill to do it.

Morgenstern

Awards
Those extras like Cavern of Remembrance and extra bosses made a huge difference for me in Kingdom Hearts II. I really hope Kingdom Hearts III has something similar.

I agree, the Cavern as my favorite part of II's Final Mix (more due to the palette swapped heartless thne the Org XIII rematches)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
My only hope is that they don't do Disney worlds as DLC.
And that if they do story-DLC kind of stuff, I'd much rather it in the vein of The Last of Us than Mass Effect (as in, the DLC is standalone, featuring a character that isn't Sora, as opposed to a chunk of KH3's story that was missing and needed to make sense).
BBS v2 as a big expansive DLC for KH3 would be awesome for example. Getting to play (presumably) little vignettes of various characters throughout the series instead of playing a missing chunk of KH3's story. KH3's story need to already be complete lol.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
My only hope is that they don't do Disney worlds as DLC.
And that if they do story-DLC kind of stuff, I'd much rather it in the vein of The Last of Us than Mass Effect (as in, the DLC is standalone, featuring a character that isn't Sora, as opposed to a chunk of KH3's story that was missing and needed to make sense).
BBS v2 as a big expansive DLC for KH3 would be awesome for example. Getting to play (presumably) little vignettes of various characters throughout the series instead of playing a missing chunk of KH3's story. KH3's story need to already be complete lol.

The only way I'd accept BBS v.2 at this point was as a DLC chapter. That would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back