• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 for Xbox One

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboticScalp

UPDATE: I've gotten my hands on a PS4!!!

However, that doesn't mean I've changed my opinions of 2.8 needing to be on X1, cuz it does.

Enix

In order to make 2.8 playable for XB1, they would have rework the touch controls for it. And while PS4 controller has touch controls, I doubt Square Enix is going to a version without it.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
OK so, I would hope that someone mentioned this earlier ITT, but here goes.

Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV were announced to be on both PS4 and Xbox One before either console released. This meant that both had the potential to be worthwhile platforms for Square at the time.

The Xbox One launched in Japan (late, I might add) to absolutely abysmal sales and its performance has not improved.
I'm sure we all know that JRPGs don't really sell on Xbox, and never have. Type-0 HD sold only 1,000 copies on Xbox One launch week in Japan, compared to 92,000 on PS4. I believe the worldwide sales bring Xbone to something like 10K. Despite Type-0 having only scraped past 1M global sales, this is still a good indicator of the demographic split.

Since KHIII and FFXV, Square Enix has not announced any other games for Xbox One. It's evident that they have no interest in the platform.

Hence, II.8 is a PS4-exclusive. Why would they bother with Xbox?
Sure, KHIII is still coming to the platform, but of the Xbox One userbase, how many will be that invested in a game that isn't KHIII?
It's a fairly safe assumption that most Kingdom Hearts fans went with PS4, as JRPG players, as established Kingdom Hearts fans, since the series has a history (and to some, an identity) with PlayStation.
The amount of dedicated KH fans (that have been keeping up with the non-numbered titles) on Xbox One that would buy II.8 is, frankly, likely negligible.

Jgray123487

Awards
Heres my two cents as a xbox one owner (I have a Good pc and my xbox one currently.Might get a PS4 but will wait and see.)

As a Xbox owner it would be nice to see at least 0.2 as a option to buy from the market place (since I already played KH3D and wouldn't mind watching backcover on youtube). However if something like this would happen I would pass on the PS4. I am not really wanting to buy a ps4 but I will for this game.It would feel kind of weird playing on a KH game on the Xbox One but I think it wouldn't be that bad. That's just my thoughts tho.

Also for people who are throwing statistics around about the Xbox One in Japan , I completely agree with you about that. It makes sense that Sony main operations are in Japan that people will trust in a product that is made in Japan rather then buying some console from America. It sucks that Xbox tried to appeal to Japan but every time they try ,the Japanese just ignore it and buy the PS4. Oh well .

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
i petition we make "git gud spocknart" t shirts

Awesome.

the controller should turn solid red as sora and hot pink when playing as riku lmao

Aweso- wait what?
You mean hot pink like this?
2825772.klein.jpg

(Isn't that beautiful?)

I agree on the light bar idea though. I think it could be such a cool thing, why not make good use of it?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Awesome.

Aweso- wait what?
You mean hot pink like this?
2825772.klein.jpg

(Isn't that beautiful?)

I agree on the light bar idea though. I think it could be such a cool thing, why not make good use of it?
Well, the idea is good, but I don't see why we should get pink for Riku? I know, he's Sora's Dreameater, but still. (I always thought his color was yellow/grey, haha)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
probably because that boy is a
tumblr_o4pqnyk3LB1ugvzu5o1_500.gif

kidding.

i would like hot pink to be used in the lightbar though since it is DDD's primary colour :3

that was my thinking, but being on riku just made it so much better lol

siegleeagle

Iv seen it mentioned in this topic already but I agree its mainly due to the ps4 having a touchpad so they can keep the 3ds touch controls. If the xbox 1 had a touch pad i think they would have released it on there but it doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back