• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Boxart Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It's a magical utopia you inhabit if that's the pinnacle of rudeness to you.

Hyperbole or not, I think it would be quite rude. I'm not incredibly keen on the cover myself and I know the members are just messing around, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel a little bad to see it be edited since I'm sure Nomura worked hard on it. I'm no Picasso but I'd be hurt if someone came up to me with a picture I drew, edited it, and said they did a better job and I should be promoting that instead.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Artists already tend to overthink their art, especially when they know that there might be some kind of anatomical issues or composition issues. There is no need to point said issues out to a professional who might already see the problems, nor is there any need to show them what could be better.

It's not cute, it's not flattering, and it certainly does not honor their work. It's rude.

Xagzan

Awards
Yeesh, sorry. Didn't realize everyone would freak out over it.

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
Nothing is wrong with suggesting things to an artist, but it's only really considered if he wasn't sure and asked people how it looks. Plus it looks like it's a little too late to change the box art since it has been released already.

kingofgame981

Awards
KH2FM+ and 1.5 still in my top favourite covers in KH franchise.

That doesn't mean I don't like 2.5 cover, it just it kinda confuse my eyes.

P/S: I just swam back some pages, now I understand what is going in here haha.

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
That doesn't mean I don't like 2.5 cover, it just it kinda confuse my eyes.

I believe we are all at a common consensus that there is a lot going on in the art, mostly due to all the keyblades. I personally think it would've been cool if he put Riku standing next to Roxas in the robe whilst wearing the eye band.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I personally think it would've been cool if he put Riku standing next to Roxas in the robe whilst wearing the eye band.
But guuuuys! Riku isn't on it most likely because he's hardly in KH2 as actual Riku for long at all. I think it makes sense that he's not on the cover. Now Axel being MIA?
That's the part that baffles me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But guuuuys! Riku isn't on it most likely because he's hardly in KH2 as actual Riku for long at all. I think it makes sense that he's not on the cover. Now Axel being MIA?
That's the part that baffles me.

But Sora was searching for Riku! Riku is the Kairi of KH1 xD He should have been right there next to Sora.

But I agree about Axel. ;~; He deserved it the most. He died for Sora and has a bunch of tear-jerking scenes.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
But Sora was searching for Riku! Riku is the Kairi of KH1 xD He should have been right there next to Sora.
Haha! Good comparison! I totally forgot about that...wait, Kairi was the goal of KH1?! WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING THIS WHOLE TIME?!?!
(heavy sarcasm, folks)

Master Spockanort said:
But I agree about Axel. ;~; He deserved it the most. He died for Sora and has a bunch of tear-jerking scenes.
So true! I'm gonna play some depressing music now, ans wish he'd died for ME T~T
Roxas is actually (or WAS actually, I suppose) my favorite.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I am curious though: what exactly was everyone expecting the boxart to look like? I don't think anyone could have predicted this would be the outcome.

My expectations were extremely low and the only thing I wanted out of it was for BBS to be featured properly instead of being relegated into a corner with KH2 front and center, as was the case with 1.5. Lo and behold, that's exactly what we got! TAV are smack dab in the center (and the queen in the middle of everything as she deserves) so I'm pretty satisfied.

Honestly, me expectations were just the 1.5 cover art with a grown up version of everyone on the bottom, TAV in the top left, and Data Sora, Riku, and Mickey (probably Jiminy too) in the top right. Safe to say, this cover art (mixed reviews or not) easily surpassed that expectation :)

My only complaint is that Aqua should be where MX cause why not?

Unfortunately the special bundles with the PAK are exclusive to Square Enix Japan's e-STORE and Artnia. At the very least, you'll need a contact who lives in Japan in order to obtain it.

Just to clarify, can the soundtrack and PAK be bought separately? I remember seeing a tab for the soundtrack and PAK as separate options when the CE's were first announced but after that I haven't heard anything so IDK if that tab was just saying they were happening or saying they would be available as stand alones, etc. The reason being if the PAK and soundtrack are only available with the bundle, I guess I'm getting the bundle cause I need that music and figure in my life!

Yeesh, sorry. Didn't realize everyone would freak out over it.

lol on these forums, something like that is equivalent of using the lord's name in vain...and meaning it xD

Not even if he deserves it the most for making the feels happen in KH2, but just because Roxas is so lonely on the left side and Roxas and Axel make all the sense...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Just to clarify, can the soundtrack and PAK be bought separately? I remember seeing a tab for the soundtrack and PAK as separate options when the CE's were first announced but after that I haven't heard anything so IDK if that tab was just saying they were happening or saying they would be available as stand alones, etc. The reason being if the PAK and soundtrack are only available with the bundle, I guess I'm getting the bundle cause I need that music and figure in my life!

The soundtrack can be bought separately, yes. The PAK however seems to be exclusive to the bundles right now.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Can't wait for a higher resolution version of the full image (without the logo or any writing and such) to surface. I remember back when they revealed the 1.5 art I eventually found a copy that was like 5400 x 7000-ish resolution. It was ridiculous, but beautiful. You could zoom in so closely without it pixelating that you could see the pencil strokes in the outlines of the characters. Really hoping another one of those pops up.

Narxus

Can't wait for a higher resolution version of the full image (without the logo or any writing and such) to surface. I remember back when they revealed the 1.5 art I eventually found a copy that was like 5400 x 7000-ish resolution. It was ridiculous, but beautiful. You could zoom in so closely without it pixelating that you could see the pencil strokes in the outlines of the characters. Really hoping another one of those pops up.

That...would be frikkin' AWESOME!!! Where did you find the 1.5 one?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm not sure where this one came from when we received it, but

Tada.

I was looking at that yesterday. It's insanely beautiful! Hopefully people will photoshop the high-res cover to create a custom PS3 cover.

PS. The craziest KH promo picture was the CGI recreation of KH1's cover. A whooping 149MB of gorgeousness!

Now that I think of it....

We got CGI recreations for FFX + KH1.5... Do you think KH2 is next? That would be really cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back