• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Re:MIX Gameplay Changes!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If there are 2-3 hours of cutscenes, then the amount of English voicovers present in the original DS game is very far from the 'majority'. A lot of new voice recordings would have to be made, so they essentially have almost an entire animated movie to record voices for.
Your point?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
If there are 2-3 hours of cutscenes, then the amount of English voicovers present in the original DS game is very far from the 'majority'. A lot of new voice recordings would have to be made, so they essentially have almost an entire animated movie to record voices for.

I'm sure they will hop on that, just like they would any localized content mannnn

Japanese/English Tarzan. My ps3 will be on fire

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The majority obviously referring to the entirety of KH1, barring the FM additions, and Re:CoM.

Awards
In the original Re:CoM (the japanese one that came with KH2 Final Mix) you got new cards if you did certian things in KH2. I wonder if that will be put in. Also I wonder if they'll change Sephiroth's voice to the one it is now (they could splice pieces of the dialogue from the KH2 battle over to this one).

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well in KH1FM all the new cutscenes were either silent or reusing audio. So voice in KH1FM is complete.
That's why I said, "barring the FM additions". Which, aren't that many. There's no reason for us to hear anything about English VA recording this early because the amount of content that would need to be recorded isn't huge, unless they decide to re-record KH1 entirely for consistency. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Here is my translation of the additional features as outlined by this store:

KH -FINAL MIX-
+ As a HD remaster, some of the character models and textures have of course been updated in high resolution. Be moved anew by even more beautiful images!
+ 'English voicing (with Japanese subtitles)' has been revised to 'Japanese voicing'!
+ Trophy support!
+ Reward for clearing the game added!
+ 'EXP Zero' and 'Combo Master' abilities added!
+ Enjoy even more exhilarating gameplay with updated controls.

KH Re:Chain of Memories
+ Experience both Sora's Story and Riku's Story in HD quality!
+ In order to stand beside the HD picture, user interface such as the menus have been made high resolution.
+ Trophy support!
+ Reward for clearing the game added!

KH 358/2 Days
+The highly acclaimed story of 358/2 Days remade in HD quality! The story of every day may be browsed in chapter format!
+ An astounding volume of videos exceeding two hours in length!
+ Roxas' Diary, the Secret Reports and a brand-new Character Index added so you may understand the story to even greater depth!
+ Reward after viewing the videos added!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Pretty much sums up my views on the themes. However, I doubt the themes will be really plain since unlike in FFXIII (where each theme was based on one character) this time there are only 3 themes and they each summarize the whole game so I'm hoping for a group shot. The worst possible thing right now is if the theme is just the cover art of the game with special icons :(

agreed, but I just thought of my reaction if that were to happen and assuming the cover art is the same as from the site/soundtrack with sora sitting in the throne looking bored, i'd be like.

Cover art: above

Theme: Cover art

My reaction: zoom-in on Sora in cover art.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
HJO shouldn't go through this anymore

Actually, he's probably one of the(many) actors that wont be doing this, since any FM dialogue sora has is spliced from other parts of the game. everything else he recorded is in the english version, so there's no point for him specifically to work on this.

Also, I hope the Days section has a "play all" button seeing as it's kind of a movie divided into chapters.

littlepunkryo

So does any of this confirm for sure a US release?? There's a part of me that's really nervous it will be Japan only :confused:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So does any of this confirm for sure a US release?? There's a part of me that's really nervous it will be Japan only :confused:
Nothing about a western release yet, but it would be incredibly stupid if it was Japan only.

I'd actually be shocked if it was only Japan exclusive.

birthbysleep86

Website
www.facebook.com
I think they should have just made Days into a movie. The first Kingdom Hearts movie. Over 2 hours of new cut scenes? A movie is just a more logical thing to do.

Nothing about a western release yet, but it would be incredibly stupid if it was Japan only.

I'd actually be shocked if it was only Japan exclusive.

RIght? I don't think it will be a JP only release either cause even Tetsuya Nomura said he wants to bring in a new audience. I don't know about u guys but I am in my mid 20's I think Nomura wants to bring in a younger generation of fans to keep the series alive not that they really need it. To be honest though most of my once Kingdom Hearts friends have moved or gave up on KH because they had waited so long for KH3. i am a die hard fan to the end though. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

TepidShark

Awards
Ability to change audio between English and Japanese

KH -FINAL MIX-
+ 'English voicing (with Japanese subtitles)' has been revised to 'Japanese voicing'!

I wonder if this means you can switch between English and Japanese at any point during the game, if you choose before starting and are locked in, or if by showing the game in trailers in Japanese that means during your playthrough you play with Japanese voiceovers, and can view Japanese or English voiceovers in a theater mode.

Also, weird this only seems to apply to KHFM, while it might make sense that there isn't voiceovers for the 358/2 Days stuff (at least not yet), why not include the English voiceovers from Re: Chain as well?

TepidShark

Awards
Vəntus;5948149 said:
No, I think they just generally mean the entire game is Japanese.

Oh, so by English revised to Japanese they mean it used to be in English with Japanese text for PS2 Final Mix but now it is just Japanese voiceovers. But then what does "Ability to change audio between English and Japanese" mean or is that a translation error?

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Nothing has officially confirmed 100% a US release, but DDD did say that secret message about revisiting the past in better quality and they didn't take it out of the US version from the Japanese version. On top of that, considering KH1 dates back over 10 years old now, it would be foolish on SE's part to release KH3 without a whole bunch of new gamers playing the rest of the series.

Also, I know this is a bit premature, but the more I see the new models and things like that and how great the HD looks, I keep getting more excited for BbS in HD lol...

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I think they should have just made Days into a movie. The first Kingdom Hearts movie. Over 2 hours of new cut scenes? A movie is just a more logical thing to do.
which is what a "play all" option would do, and it would be pretty logical. Days in Days-even the most important ones-are shorter than chapters in, say, DDD and there you have the ability to "play all" for side sora of Traverse Town or something. DVDs do this all the time with certain special features and documentaries, so Days logically should do it.

RIght? I don't think it will be a JP only release either cause even Tetsuya Nomura said he wants to bring in a new audience. I don't know about u guys but I am in my mid 20's I think Nomura wants to bring in a younger generation of fans to keep the series alive not that they really need it. To be honest though most of my once Kingdom Hearts friends have moved or gave up on KH because they had waited so long for KH3. i am a die hard fan to the end though. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back