• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► KHI Book Club - What are you currently reading?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I picked up a book called "The Name of the Wind" a few months back and I haven't read it since. It's just that I moved and started college so it's been a bit difficult. I used to be such an avid reader before that.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
One of my friends highly recommends it and I'm sure if he saw this he'd foam at the mouth telling you to read it as soon as possible.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Currently reading Another, Ring, and Bo Burnham's book of poetry Egghead.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've recently read both 'The Queen of the Tearling' and 'Invasion of the Tearling' by Erika Johansen. Both of these books blew my expectations out of the water and showed what it's like to make a universe your own personal playground. It has mystery, romance, gore, magic, and more. I loved both of these books including the protagonist Kelsea. I don't know how I'm going to make it to November for the final book. If anyone has any recommendations to an adult fantasy like this one, please let me know.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Just picked up The Fireman by Joe Hill. I have heard nothing but good things and love Hill's writing, so I'm excited.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Currently reading A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. Highly recommend it to any fantasy fans. Very down to earth while still being beautifully written. Magic seeps from every page. (Cinder, please talk about it with me! I just saw you were reading the sequel <3 )

Once I finish it, I'll probably pick up the sequel. Still have a few books I want to finish before diving into it, though.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Just recently finished reading Simon vs the Homo Saphiens Agenda. diddly, was this book not what I expected. I loved it <3

I dunno if anyone else watches/is apart of Booktube, but I'm planning on taking part in the 2016 Booktubeathon book marathon, and I selected seven books for that to (try to) read in seven days.

More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Vol. 1 by Hirohiko Araki
I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga
Since You've Been Gone by Morgn Matson
Watchmen by Frank Miller
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

Andddd The Fifth Wave, which I have been reading since January and still have not finished, despite only having like, 100ish pages left, lol.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Anyone here read Joyland by Stephen King? Randomly started it last night, and my God it is a page turner.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
@MasterSpockanort: If you love book one than you'll love book two. I know I PM you about it already, but it's a page turner and hooks you in deep. I still wish I could've attended some of the tour V.E.Scwab was on because, they had these really cool talismans that looked like Kell's coin for traveling to different Londons. C:

@Lonbilly: I remember reading Simon vs the Homo Saphiens Agenda. It was really good. I'm happy how it turned out by the end. I haven't read the Winner's Kiss, but I have read the previous books before it. I had it checked out from the library but, I ended up returning it in favor of reading a different book. Let me know if it turns out awesome. And I did read Since You've Been Gone it was an alright book, I suppose.

I currently got nothing to read till my library opens up tomorrow. </3

Shadra

Have any of you read these?
- Infinity, the Chronicals of Nick series by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Fablehaven and/or Beyonders bu Brandon Mull
- Magyck, Septimus heap series by Angie Sage
- Witch and Wizard by James Patterson

I personally love these books.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I have read Magyck, Septimus Heap, because it was an awesome magical series. I plan on reading it again soon. <3 I did read Witch and Wizard, but I wasn't all that crazy over it in particular. I think it's because I've read too many of James Patterson's novels. And I did read Infinity and Invisible, the Chronicles of Nick. I'm not too fond of the author because of her accusing another author for copy right. When they're both completely different from each other. And I've read some of the more adult fiction Sherrilyn Kenyon has written, but a lot of it has too many loose ends.

I haven't read Fablehaven and Beyonders. :3 I'll have to look that up!

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Im just getting to read Star Wars Legends the Old Republic Revan. I might not be finished with the KOTOR games, but Im hooked already.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I started the first Chronicles of Nick book and immediately noped the hell out because of the ridiculous amount of homophobic undertones there were within the first 100 pages.

Max be reminding me though that I need to finally try reading another King novel. I started 11/22/63 years ago but had to turn it into the library before I got too far, so I think once I bring down a lot of books from my currently reading, I'll probably tackle that.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Max be reminding me though that I need to finally try reading another King novel. I started 11/22/63 years ago but had to turn it into the library before I got too far, so I think once I bring down a lot of books from my currently reading, I'll probably tackle that.

If you haven't read King's The Long Walk, read it! It's amaaaaazzziinnnngggg!

Also I've been having a bit of book adhd lately haha. About to start reading It, wish me luck.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I am positively blown away by A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. I've read some of her previous work before, which was good and sometimes downright dull. I won't deny I was briefly frustrated at the protagonist in this book because it wasn't what I expected whatsoever, but the way it was built up and done... holy crap, it was diddly-ing worth it. I absolutely admire Feyre. I'm glad I gave it a chance because, I did love the first book despite it's slow start and the sequel was a lot longer than the first, which was what made it more promising to read. And it'll be agony to wait for the third one. <3

Max

Staff member
Awards
So I mentioned it in the Harry Potter thread, but I finally started reading Cursed Child today. God, it is such a quick read. I honestly don't mind the play format at all because I feel like it's allowing me to cruise through it in a weird way.

Shadra

Ready Player One bu Ernest Clyne is a great read for a English class summer reading assignment. It has SO many nerd references, the most memorable one to me is, in the first few chapters, includes the Tomb of Horrors!

Also, the Soulless series by Gail Carrager is, in the language of the book, exquisitely amusing. It has a more unique approach to the supernatural, and the voices, they fit each character so well, you know whose perspective it is usually just by reading a few sentences. Add on the fact that the protagonist is a "entirely sensible" woman, who indeed acts like women did during the time it is set in, and that several small world-building details are funny and logical at the same time, it adds up to an awesome ride of a book.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've recently started Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch. It's been a good read thus far, cause it's protagonist is in Italy with a good premise of not knowing about her father, or the adventures her mother had in Italy before living in the states and dying of cancer.

And because I know a few of you have read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, I was wondering if it was worth buying it or not? I was considering it but, I might check it out from the library instead. C:

Fudz

I finally started the Game of Thrones book series, I love it so far, I wanted to read the books before watching the show.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I've been plowing through novels lately for a couple of my college classes.

So far I've read:
Paper Towns (this was like, my fifth time reading it)
A Room With a View (BOOOORRRRIIINNNNGGGG)
Because of Winn-Dixie (meh)
Mrs. Dalloway (only about half of this book was interesting)
To Kill a Mockingbird (2nd time reading it, like it WAY better than when I was in high school)
A Severed Head (HILARIOUS)
Monster (just started it)

Back