• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Theory you cling to the most

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popsydoodles

^^^^^^ This. This, so much.
You have made me feel like a winner lol.
635836287626736485-963109977_ab7a8e3c-d7be-4afc-8aeb-ac5934ac0a93.jpg

Hallowseve

Vanitas being a Seeker of Darkness and the "revival" of those connected to Sora's heart. I stick by those, strictly.

EchoFringe49

Kairi's grandma being a keyblade master and friend of Xehanort and Eraqus, she just knows way too much about for it to be a coincidence. That little opening in U/Chi gave me the impression that she'll appear in KH3 as well

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

I love this theory and I want it to happen. It would make sense because the creature just seems to appear out of nowhere other then to be Ansem's random bodyguard that I feel like he doesn't really need considering how powerful he already is lol. Although, I feel like they would have hinted at something like this in DDD if there were some truth to it. Which I don't think they did so it still comes down to speculation but not a bad one at all.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'll tell you their importance. They are the true "ordinary" children in this game. Not a special thing about any of them.

But by default, aren't they special because of the fact they have no connection to Keyblades or world travelling in the first place? They're the exceptional ordinary trio.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
But by default, aren't they special because of the fact they have no connection to Keyblades or world travelling in the first place? They're the exceptional ordinary trio.

Neither did Sora and he got a keyblade. So they aren't that special by comparison because Sora is ordinary with no real ties to keyblades or any of that (I'm not sure him having Ventus in his heart really counts since he never knew about it, it didn't seem to have any effect on him, and Ventus' keyblade never awakened until Roxas was fighting Riku a year later) and he got a keyblade. I don't see them getting keyblades lol

Granted, Sora was under completely circumstances and it still technically wasn't his keyblade at the time. It still chose him though and Sora is ironically the most ordinary person in this whole series if you really think about it.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'll cling to the theories I came up with myself.

Though there's a huge overlap with χ[chi], and people on this forum have contended with me on this before, here goes
- Daybreak Town is a Sleeping World, now awake due to the events of DDD
- Xehanort appears as the Unknown in χ[chi] to lay seeds for when they are inevitably awoken by Sora (Ephemera is a likely candidate)
- Once awake, all the Keyblade wielders who didn't die are now a ready-made Keyblade War ripe for Xehanort to trigger
Now, like the Nobodies in KHII, KHIII will feature Keyblade wielders as the rare "special encounter/specific to a world" enemy.

I also believe that elements of Re:coded will play a fairly significant role in the story, and as a result Maleficent too will be more relevant than, say, in KHII.

Oh, also
- Xehanort's Keyblade carries the will of the Sixth Apprentice, and Young Xehanort (who does not have this Keyblade yet) does not necessarily share Old Man Xehanort's mindset.
- Braig and Xigbar are different entities (Xigbar being time-displaced), allowing Braig to conspire and further his personal agenda without Xehanort's knowledge. Young Xehanort is definitely in on it.
- Old Man Xehanort as leader is a red herring, he wasn't actually recompleted, but time-displaced. The recompleted Xehanort was Terra-Xehanort. Maybe he has unfinished business to attend to (Lingering Will? Expelling Eraqus/Terra?) and appointed a figurehead leader in his stead.

In a way, a few of these feel like they've been confirmed at this point, so I don't know if those would count as theories.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
- The Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D are the X-Blade.
More precisely, the X-Blade created in Birth By Sleep. While I never cared for it's design, I always found it interesting that Nomura went with two crossing Kingdom Keys when he could have just done new keys or say, a combo of Wayward Wind and Void Gear.
But the crossing Kingdom Keys make it represent the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, which has a silver key (Kingdom Key) and a gold key (Kingdom Key D) so my theory is when the X-Blade exploded it split in half, one staying in the Realm of Light, and the other getting shot in to the Realm of Darkness.
I want this to be true because this would mean Xehanort (who may very well be using another X-Blade by the end of III) would be defeated by his "failed" attempt from 10/12-ish years ago.

As for the one I've clinged to the most (bar "Rebirth," since it's all but confirmed), it's "Xehanort-Ansem." As in, Apprentice Xehanort (as Ansem SoD) inherited certain traits from Ansem the Wise, namely eye color (amber), ear shape (round), hairstyle (pay attention to their hairlines) and personality (ambitious and studious). The way he inherited those traits resembles how vessels of Xehanort inherit his traits. In both body and identity, Xehanort had become Ansem, an idea I think will have a role somewhere in KH3 explaining Apprentice Xehanort as a character and, by extension, the science behind inheriting traits.

- Apprentice Xehanort is a separate entity created from the Terra/Xehanort fusion dance.
I'm in the belief that, as Xehanort appeared to have accidentally locked his own Heart along with Terra's during his fight with Aqua, Apprenticenort's situation was similar to Roxas', in that he's a "blank slate" of sorts with Hearts sleeping inside him. And during his time with Ansem the Wise and the other apprentices started gaining a Heart of his own. However the memory experiments awoken Xehanort, Terra, and maybe Eraqus as well. With Xehanort and Terra active again, and chances are, fighting for control, the clashing causes Apprentice Xehanort to lose control. With him having only a budding Heart, his own identity isn't as strong as Terra and Xehanort's. To save himself from their control he latches onto another identity: Ansem the Wise's

- The Xemnas and Ansem from DDD are from the Realm of Sleep
With the body they split from being Terra's altered body, and Master Xehanort returning in his original body, Apprentice Xehanort's body may technically no longer exist, as part of it is essentially missing from it. So without their own body to return to, their Hearts are sent to the Realm of Sleep.
This would also explain why Young Xehanort didn't tease Sora and Riku with Xemnas and Ansem right off the bat, he didn't find them yet.

I also believe that elements of Re:coded will play a fairly significant role in the story, and as a result Maleficent too will be more relevant than, say, in KHII.
- Braig and Xigbar are different entities (Xigbar being time-displaced), allowing Braig to conspire and further his personal agenda without Xehanort's knowledge. Young Xehanort is definitely in on it.
And besides, who doesn't want to see Xigbar talking with himself? Anybody who doesn't is wrong.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Although, I feel like they would have hinted at something like this in DDD if there were some truth to it. Which I don't think they did so it still comes down to speculation but not a bad one at all.
Well they did have this scene, which weirdly put a lot of emphasis on the Guardian and suggested there could be something more to it:

[video=youtube;-CYfzd67vNE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CYfzd67vNE[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back