• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Theory you cling to the most

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm not the theory guy. I am in no way smart enough like some of the folks to come up with theories and such and I also don't think I'm smart enough to participate just yet. I'm still a retentively new fan of KH and while I know a lot of the lore, I don't think i know enough. That said, I love reading theories, especially about KH lore because there a lot you can get into. A lot of speculation, for better or worse.

But which theory of KH3 do you cling to the most? Or, to put it simply, which one do you think has more possibility to be a reality in the game?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I was gonna say *inb4 bad theories* but it appears I'm too late </3

I have a theory that they're setting up Kairi for something relatively big. Or maybe it's hope so that way the girl can have an actual role again or even characterization? But I also have a counter theory that KH3 will pull a KH2 and include a bunch of development offscreen so.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
That....what was called, the "Rebirth" theory? That Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Aqua, and Terra are " reincarnations" of the 5 foretellers. Or is that a different theory? xD

Neyan

Well it's pretty much obvious but I've always loved the theory that Xemnas is in the same situation as Roxas in terms of being a nobody with someone else's heart inside him (Terra's), just because Terra's current state of existence is the most questionable in the whole series.

I also really like the theory that Kairi's grandmother trained alongside Eraqus and Xehanort just because I want another keyblade-wielding female in the series.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
There already is 3 female keyblade wielders in the series. But that would seem possible that Kairi's Grandmother could be a keyblade wielder, just a retired one though.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I'm not the theory guy. I am in no way smart enough like some of the folks to come up with theories and such and I also don't think I'm smart enough to participate just yet. I'm still a retentively new fan of KH and while I know a lot of the lore, I don't think i know enough

You should try it out sometimes; it can get pretty fun and creative, and I think that's what leads to the most popular and well thought-out theories.

As for the one I've clinged to the most (bar "Rebirth," since it's all but confirmed), it's "Xehanort-Ansem." As in, Apprentice Xehanort (as Ansem SoD) inherited certain traits from Ansem the Wise, namely eye color (amber), ear shape (round), hairstyle (pay attention to their hairlines) and personality (ambitious and studious). The way he inherited those traits resembles how vessels of Xehanort inherit his traits. In both body and identity, Xehanort had become Ansem, an idea I think will have a role somewhere in KH3 explaining Apprentice Xehanort as a character and, by extension, the science behind inheriting traits.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
The theory that I still cling to is the one that I made up. That Xehanort is going to turn out to be some powerful Keyblade Master from the Keyblade War that, due to the events of the war, got reincarnated into Young Xehanort on Destiny Islands (but that person, the person that was before becoming Xehanort is trying to come back, but Xehanort doesn't quite realize it, which is why he has always had such a fascination with the Keyblade War and will do whatever it takes to get the X-Blade and unlock Kingdom Hearts)

I've had this theory for about three years now with nothing to back it up with besides just thinking, "What's the next twist they'll try to pull with Xehanort?" But now with the KH2.5 HD Remix secret ending talking about how "Master Xehanort's Keyblade is the most ancient," that only further leads me to believe this is going to be the case.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The theory that I still cling to is the one that I made up. That Xehanort is going to turn out to be some powerful Keyblade Master from the Keyblade War that, due to the events of the war, got reincarnated into Young Xehanort on Destiny Islands (but that person, the person that was before becoming Xehanort is trying to come back, but Xehanort doesn't quite realize it, which is why he has always had such a fascination with the Keyblade War and will do whatever it takes to get the X-Blade and unlock Kingdom Hearts)

I've had this theory for about three years now with nothing to back it up with besides just thinking, "What's the next twist they'll try to pull with Xehanort?" But now with the KH2.5 HD Remix secret ending talking about how "Master Xehanort's Keyblade is the most ancient," that only further leads me to believe this is going to be the case.

You know, normally I'd have a problem with this because this type of plot twist worked for Ansem the Wise and it surprisingly worked again in BBS but to do the secret villain twist reveal for the third time would seem annoying. Then again, at least it would still be the actual Xehanort instead some villain from the town of out of nowhere-vile

Last edited:

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
You should try it out sometimes; it can get pretty fun and creative, and I think that's what leads to the most popular and well thought-out theories.

As for the one I've clinged to the most (bar "Rebirth," since it's all but confirmed), it's "Xehanort-Ansem." As in, Apprentice Xehanort (as Ansem SoD) inherited certain traits from Ansem the Wise, namely eye color (amber), ear shape (round), hairstyle (pay attention to their hairlines) and personality (ambitious and studious). The way he inherited those traits resembles how vessels of Xehanort inherit his traits. In both body and identity, Xehanort had become Ansem, an idea I think will have a role somewhere in KH3 explaining Apprentice Xehanort as a character and, by extension, the science behind inheriting traits.

I'm a writer (well kind of, sort of just started) so I do have an interest. But I'm also one of those writers that's too insecure about his/her work unless I'm confident enough which takes a lot for me, so I'd probably be the same for theories. Eventually I'll warm up if I feel like I have a good idea in mind. I have some thoeries about what might happen after KH3 but I want to see the plot of KH3 firsthand.

I really like the that theory though. I've always thought that Ansem and Xehanort had a lot of similarities that the series never really COMPLETELY got into besides two scenes I guess. I always keep in mind that Ansem was the one who originally kick started everything, not just Xehanort. Xehanort just kind of came in and toke over since Ansem backed out of the experiments. Even still, Ansem didn't really care about anything but himself after being betrayed. Ansem even acknowledges this in Blank Points and KH2. The theory holds weight because the series intentionally made them similar, even after the big twist. The only difference being is that Ansem had good intentions and Xehanort just wanted to get his memories back and also had a personal interest in darkness and the science of it. Again, both men of science with two different goals in mind going about it in the wrong way. But then the seconded Xehnaort achieved what he wanted and got his memories back, he didn't hesitant to go about his plan and take his name in the process. Still, I'm kind of iffy as to why Xehanort toke his name after he regained his memories other then extra personal reasons I guess. I don't see how Old Xehanort would even care at that point. Or I'm probably just missing a few details

It's why this scene from KH is probably my favorite scene in Kingdom Hearts when Xemnas and Ansem are arguing at the top of the castle. And it contains my favorite line of dialogue in any Kingdom Hearts game. Probably due to how the late Christopher Lee gives such simple dialogue so much depth and really speaks about Xehanort and Ansem's ambitions and the ultimate outcome of it as a whole for the series.

"Xehanort... foolish apprentice of a foolish man. You have surpassed nothing. Only proving how little we both know. We may protest to know the heart but it's essence is beyond our reach. We're both ignorant. As oblivious as before we began. I'm afraid... that any world you try to create; any world of yours will be an empire of ignorance. That's why you and your creation are destined to fall."

EDIT: So is the the Rebirth theory all but confirmed? I thought the details were still iffy. The recent update for Chi didn't really confirmed that for me but again, I'm probably missing some details since its been a while since I watched it on YouTube.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm not the theory guy. I am in no way smart enough like some of the folks to come up with theories and such and I also don't think I'm smart enough to participate just yet. I'm still a retentively new fan of KH and while I know a lot of the lore, I don't think i know enough. That said, I love reading theories, especially about KH lore because there a lot you can get into. A lot of speculation, for better or worse.

But which theory of KH3 do you cling to the most? Or, to put it simply, which one do you think has more possibility to be a reality in the game?

Dude, don't beat yourself down like that. Come up with a theory anyway. You'd be surprised as to what aspect may have not even been considered that only you have hypothetically thought of to this day.

Rebirth and Chimera Blade theory. That's all.

I second this.

Neyan

So is the the Rebirth theory all but confirmed? I thought the details were still iffy. The recent update for Chi didn't really confirmed that for me but again, I'm probably missing some details since its been a while since I watched it on YouTube.
It's not really confirmed and pretty much everything in Chi is still iffy at this point, but it seems pretty likely. I used to be completely against it and I'm still kinda meh about rebirth/reincarnation in the series (I hope it's more the current characters being spiritual successors to the foretellers), but the colour scheme of the foretellers and the very similar voice acting in the Back Cover trailer can't be a coincidence imo

And don't be worried about your theories!! As Alpha Baymax said, it could very well be that you could raise points or think of something that no one else has considered yet, so it's always worth sharing your ideas! And having others latch onto your ideas and developing them together is very fun as well; that's what makes theories so worthwhile!

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Dude, don't beat yourself down like that. Come up with a theory anyway. You'd be surprised as to what aspect may have not even been considered that only you have hypothetically thought of to this day.

I know I shouldn't be and I'm happy I'm in a community that encourages it rather then beats you down. Makes me glad that the KH fandom is the only one I want be apart of as oppose to others because everyone is fair, nice, and gets along very well. I use to be part of the Sonic fandom and... yeah, things get ugly quick, which I blame more on the series then fans really. But still, being apart of a fandom that doesn't bitch constantly at the series and at each other is a nice change of pace.

But I'm still very critical of myself and that's served me well for the most part. It's just how I am. I'm not necessarily trying to beat myself down. Even with a regular post, I tend to make sure I'm being fair, I have the right info and such and would usually take me a while. Plus, I personally don't have any theories I think that would hold water or would just feel like a similar theory someone already had. But I'm still thinking and will participate when I feel I have something substantial to present. I'm replaying the series right now in series order for the second time since I bought the Remixs years ago, so maybe I can cook something up.

No Heart

You might be right. Instead of Terra's heart, what if Xemnas had the remains of Eraqus' heart.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I know I shouldn't be and I'm happy I'm in a community that encourages it rather then beats you down. Makes me glad that the KH fandom is the only one I want be apart of as oppose to others because everyone is fair, nice, and gets along very well. I use to be part of the Sonic fandom and... yeah, things get ugly quick, which I blame more on the series then fans really. But still, being apart of a fandom that doesn't bitch constantly at the series and at each other is a nice change of pace.

But I'm still very critical of myself and that's served me well for the most part. It's just how I am. I'm not necessarily trying to beat myself down. Even with a regular post, I tend to make sure I'm being fair, I have the right info and such and would usually take me a while. Plus, I personally don't have any theories I think that would hold water or would just feel like a similar theory someone already had. But I'm still thinking and will participate when I feel I have something substantial to present. I'm replaying the series right now in series order for the second time since I bought the Remixs years ago, so maybe I can cook something up.

I just recently posted my predictions for the 13 Seekers of Darkness and I'm getting a couple of counters and disagreements right of the bat. Every theory is going to get judged here either out of probability or fan preference. My advice would be to double check if your theory has been posted albeit phrased differently to avoid repeat posts.

Who knows, maybe you could be the person who sees the deeper importance of Hayner, Pence and Olette.

tiofrodo

I just hope the rebirth theory won't actually be in place, i already said in another tread discussing it but i really dislike any kind of reincarnation being added as a backstory to existing characters, because it kind destroys them for me, especially if you aren't going to use the "protagonist tries to decide if he is his own self or being controlled by destiny or something else" and it was already done with Roxas/Xion.
I am just fine with the parallels.

Popsydoodles

I just recently posted my predictions for the 13 Seekers of Darkness and I'm getting a couple of counters and disagreements right of the bat. Every theory is going to get judged here either out of probability or fan preference. My advice would be to double check if your theory has been posted albeit phrased differently to avoid repeat posts.

Who knows, maybe you could be the person who sees the deeper importance of Hayner, Pence and Olette.
I'll tell you their importance. They are the true "ordinary" children in this game. Not a special thing about any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back