• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kh3 Horde Mode

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathByKeyblade

On my walk home from school today i got to thinking about kingdom hearts. More specifically, the 1000 Heartless Challenge (KH2) and the Defeat Countless Unversed events (BBS). These scripted battles are some of my favourite parts of the KH saga, but they are far too short. Nothing is as fun as slaughtering millions of innocent heartless with the most powerful weapon in all the worlds. So, this got me thinking about a way to take this concept and run with it. It's time for new multiplayer mode (presumably in KH3) in which you fight through increasingly difficult waves of enemies. I'm sure you guys know what i'm talking about, whether you call in Horde, Firefight, or Nazi Zombies. With the series moving towards multiplayer, and with the wealth of keyblade wielders in KH3, this mode could be a great diversion. Playstation Trophies? Unlockable characters and costumes? You betcha.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Nothing is as fun as slaughtering millions of innocent heartless with the most powerful weapon in all the worlds.
Looks like someone can't spell 'boring and monotonous'.
It's time for new multiplayer mode (presumably in KH3) in which you fight through increasingly difficult waves of enemies.
Not for a game such as Kingdom Hearts. It all just boils down to locking onto an enemy and button mashing. At least in FPS games you need to keep a constant eye on things like your ammo and your health and enemy positions because they pose a real danger.
With the series moving towards multiplayer, and with the wealth of keyblade wielders in KH3, this mode could be a great diversion.
You consider (up to) five to be a wealth? We don't even know who will be in KH3 or who is returning in what form.

DeathByKeyblade

∞;5328426 said:
Looks like someone can't spell 'boring and monotonous'.Not for a game such as Kingdom Hearts. It all just boils down to locking onto an enemy and button mashing. At least in FPS games you need to keep a constant eye on things like your ammo and your health and enemy positions because they pose a real danger.You consider (up to) five to be a wealth? We don't even know who will be in KH3 or who is returning in what form.

It would have to have a set character level and specific commands for each, to keep it from being too easy. there are actually thirteen wielders i can think of, plus the organization for variety. I'm sure nomura can make it fun and challenging. i'm predicting a more complex battle system as well.

Pratiko

Awards
It would have to have a set character level and specific commands for each, to keep it from being too easy. there are actually thirteen wielders i can think of, plus the organization for variety. I'm sure nomura can make it fun and challenging. i'm predicting a more complex battle system as well.
I lol'd at the Nomura part.
Made me remember the super imba fun Command Board.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Maybe an endless fight against bosses, having the choice of how many bosses are around at a time.
I don't see a competitive multiplayer for this though, maybe co-op to survive longer.
But just an endless Heartless battle, no thanks.

PrinnyGod

Awards
On my walk home from school today i got to thinking about kingdom hearts. More specifically, the 1000 Heartless Challenge (KH2) and the Defeat Countless Unversed events (BBS). These scripted battles are some of my favourite parts of the KH saga, but they are far too short. Nothing is as fun as slaughtering millions of innocent heartless with the most powerful weapon in all the worlds. So, this got me thinking about a way to take this concept and run with it. It's time for new multiplayer mode (presumably in KH3) in which you fight through increasingly difficult waves of enemies. I'm sure you guys know what i'm talking about, whether you call in Horde, Firefight, or Nazi Zombies. With the series moving towards multiplayer, and with the wealth of keyblade wielders in KH3, this mode could be a great diversion. Playstation Trophies? Unlockable characters and costumes? You betcha.

Throw in some Chinese history and you've got Dynasty Warriors.

Awards
I actually think there's some potential in that idea.

To rip off Nazi Zombies, you could start off basic and then have dispensers in certain locations that give you commands with a limited number of uses or some kind of power ups.

I actually think that could be pretty fun, especially with multiplayer.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Pretty much agree with Grass. If you put some limitations on your characters and make it more focused on co-operative, then it could be fun. But in its state la KH2? Nope.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Trololol this thread.
If there was some variation to the enemies in the 'horde' then that would be pretty cool. 'specially if it was co-op. 4 people start in a diamond formation around a massive map, 9001 beasties (that can't be taken out by taping triangle for that beam attack(1000 heartless), or that just float there in different colours without really doing much(BBS)) in the middle. Meet up at the middle after slicing your way through them all, keyblade style, and launch a massive attack that obliterates the remaining heartless/nobodies that are moving in to surround you. Then a massive boss comes and you all team up to fight that.
Sorry I got lost in an amazing place called KH3 co-op mode in my mind, what were we talking about?

DeathByKeyblade

pretty much, this ^. You guys may remember a battle in KH2 in which you defend a set of gates with the help of Leon. This could be taken a step further and have multiple points on a map that have to be defended. with 2-8 people this could be epic. I'm picturing, idk...... Yen sid's tower being attacked from all sides, and you have to evacuate yen sid before detonating a blast of light to destroy all the heartless.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
^ Pretty much what I'm thinking, screw SE lets make this game ourselves. You make the scripts I'll start on the level design. Meet back here in a week :p.
Uncharted 2 made it work pretty well though. Take some environments from the game, make enemies spawn from all sides and have a side storyish reason for the characters being there. Anyway this would be sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back