• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Graphics Style

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soraalam1

This has been something on my mind since the end of KH2. When KH3 hits on the higher potential consoles (PS3), how will the graphics style be? I've always thought that the game would look along the lines of this style:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

But there are others who would not enjoy that graphics style and would rather prefer a much prettier version of the current graphics style.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I want to hear your opinions on this. I personally always thought it would be the first picture's style. I remember reading somewhere that Nomura said KH3 will run on the same graphics engine as FFVSXIII. Thinking about that makes me lean torwards the first picture even more.

What do you think the graphics style will be? (If you have something totally different in mind, feel free to post a picture.)

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Re: KH3 Graphics Art Style

I'm pretty sure the KH series will never go for a realistic look like the FF games, the closest we will get is the intro and (sometimes) endings/secret endings. KH's current graphics right now suit the game plenty. I'd be fine with a more detailed, finer look, but if it lost it's cartoony look to go for a realistic look than practically all the Disney worlds will look odd, with the exception of the live-actions (so basically a reverse of what we currently have).

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

They can pull it off. I like the style of KH3D's opening. They should go with that.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Honestly, the more cartoony look works better for KH. I'm not going to lie, seeming an entire KH game rendered in top grade FMV graphics would be orgasmic but it's not going to happen any time soon. I'm fine with it being reward candy.

Youniquee

Awards

I would like the style to be more like the first one...although I doubt they'll be able to get it that smooth though :< I think it'll be a mix between both of them. That cartoon look will still be kept but they'll be more details and texture to them, me thinks.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

The more realistic style should remain exclusive to openings, closings, and secret endings. Maybe they can add ina few more during the game for important scenes during the middle of the game.

It's main cartoony style is beautiful in it's own right and should remain. Getting rid of it really makes no sense. Up the detail a ton, use a lot more polygons, but there's no reason to change the art style. Look at the graphical differences between KH1 and KH2, or KH2 and 3D- the graphics have continued to improve without changing the art style (if you want a different example, look at New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. U).

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

I prefer the first one,but square's going to find a way anyway to make it work,they'll probably find a mix between the first one and the second one and go from there.

Just adding dynamic lighting/improved resolution and clothes movement would be a big leap,hair moving in the wind,little things like that.

So there really isn't any need to worry about how'll it'll look.

Arkrend

I prefer the first one,but square's going to find a way anyway to make it work,they'll probably find a mix between the first one and the second one and go from there.

Just adding dynamic lighting/improved resolution and clothes movement would be a big leap,hair moving in the wind,little things like that.

So there really isn't any need to worry about how'll it'll look.

Hair, and clothes already move in KH games. Just look at Sora's hair when he jumps around, or check out a cutscene where he's moving around a lot.

I always thought the openings looked weird. I don't like the way Sora looks, and he seems creepy. I'm fine with things like bump maps to add depth to things like Riku's shoe soles, and more polygons for things like Terra's shirt straps to not just be textures.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I think KH3 should have a mixture of the two examples. Cartooney enough to feel like we're playing an actual Disney game, but realistic enough to make the game feel like a current gen game.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
For KH3, I want graphics that are higher quality, but keep that cartoony, lighter feel.

One thing I noticed about DDD's graphics and even a little bit of BBS's that I really liked was the fact that it was easier to see emotional expression in the character's faces. Pupils would dilate or contract, corners of mouths would move slightly, eyes would widen or turn into slivers, hair would move, etc...

Also, no more flat Keyblades like in BBS. Or people telling Terra that he's being cheered for when there's nobody there. :(

People have also mentioned more NPC's walking around, keeping worlds more lively and realistic that way. I totally agree. I also think they should do more than talk when initiated or randomly fish-face chat with Donald and Goofy. If there are Heartless that pop up, I want them to run away, hear screams or pleas for help, and then cower in houses or behind boxes. Then, when the Heartless are gone, then they'll shyly come out again and start doing normal things again.

I also want the distant horizons in the worlds to be a little bit more detailed and beautiful to look at. Same with scenery in general.

I know that graphics have nothing to do with sound, but I'd also want maybe fully orchestrated tracks? Like Skyrim-ish, but with traditional Disney themes and KH themes, I mean. KH isn't fully orchestrated now, is it?

Youniquee

Awards
For KH3, I want graphics that are higher quality, but keep that cartoony, lighter feel.

One thing I noticed about DDD's graphics and even a little bit of BBS's that I really liked was the fact that it was easier to see emotional expression in the character's faces. Pupils would dilate or contract, corners of mouths would move slightly, eyes would widen or turn into slivers, hair would move, etc...

Also, no more flat Keyblades like in BBS. Or people telling Terra that he's being cheered for when there's nobody there. :(

People have also mentioned more NPC's walking around, keeping worlds more lively and realistic that way. I totally agree. I also think they should do more than talk when initiated or randomly fish-face chat with Donald and Goofy. If there are Heartless that pop up, I want them to run away, hear screams or pleas for help, and then cower in houses or behind boxes. Then, when the Heartless are gone, then they'll shyly come out again and start doing normal things again.

I also want the distant horizons in the worlds to be a little bit more detailed and beautiful to look at. Same with scenery in general.

I know that graphics have nothing to do with sound, but I'd also want maybe fully orchestrated tracks? Like Skyrim-ish, but with traditional Disney themes and KH themes, I mean. KH isn't fully orchestrated now, is it?

Even though this is a little feature, this post reminded me of it!
Along with NPCs, I'll also like the words to change from day to the slow transition to night. I think that'll be more realistic :D
And NO MORE FISH FACES lol. *U*

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
You guys I doubt the PS3 would be able to process all of that. I kinda like what they did with NPC in FFXIII-2. They should go that route

Youniquee

Awards
Then they have to add even more VAs that work for Disney and SE just to play them all, does anyone realize that?

They had NPCs in FFXIII-2, it didn't seem to hinder production time that much imo. I'm tired of the worlds being so lifeless. We're not asking for famous voice actors or anything. Any good voice actor will do.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They had NPCs in FFXIII-2, it didn't seem to hinder production time that much imo. I'm tired of the worlds being so lifeless. We're not asking for famous voice actors or anything. Any good voice actor will do.

I've been use to it, considering I played alot of Action-Adventure platformer games and only fought enemies that came my way.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Then they have to add even more VAs that work for Disney and SE just to play them all, does anyone realize that?

Disney & SE pretty much already recycles VAs like crazy for sub-characters/NPCs. Just have Jim Cummings & Corey Burton do all the men, they do practically half the cast already.

Key Wielder

Awards
It just seems like a staple of the series to have that cartoonish style in the actual gameplay, and it gives the series its own feel rather than making it like the more recent Final Fantasy games. There is a certain reality to it so that the CGI openings and endings don't make the characters unrecognizable, yet it isn't so realistic that the originally animated Disney characters seem out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back