• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

kh2 vs kh

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

super2j

A few years ago when kingdom hearts came out , i immediately rented it to play on my new ps2. Sadly i did not know i needed a memory card when buying the ps2 so i did'nt have one. I attempted to beat it in a day (which is stupid because thats impossible), i kept restarting the game everyday and spent all day playing to have to turn it off( when i got to the giant whale). After that i never wanted to look at kingdom hearts, but kh2 was different, i bought it it beat it with great joy( i had a memory card). After that my refusal to play kh disappeared because i realized that even though kh2 was great, kh had been a good or better game. So my big question a Is kh one worth buying. ie I got as far as the whale is there still a lot of story after that and is kh generally a better game when both are compared in todays standards.

Please no body go crazy and start attacking others for there comments

... thanks you.

sorry.. just realized i am probably in the wrong forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
Yes, I would say that KH1 is worth buying. If you haven't finished it, then its worth buying. There are more bonuses in there than in KH2, and getting all the items for Ultima Weapon may take you awhile. If you're someone like me, then you'll enjoy playing the game over again when you're done, as well.

I also personally find that KH1 is better than KH2, especially in terms of combat. More strategy is required and the gameplay isn't as simple as in KH2.

The price tag's pretty cheap, the game is long, and if you really find it enjoyable, I suggest you buy it.

Keywielder94

Yes KH1 is worth buying. And where you left off your like only at the begginning, there is still alot more.

I like KH1's story line better than kh2, but I liked kh2 battle system and camera view's better so.

BUY IT!

:]

Halibel

??Storm??
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Kh1 is worth buying, it wasn't as good as Kh2 in my opinion but it was still a great game. You know you could have just left your Ps2 running instead of restarting it all the time.

Halibel

??Storm??
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well I've had my Ps2 for about 5 or so years and I have left it on for days multiple times and nothing has ever happened to it.

MosesMohs

i like kh.
it's a game worth buying.
it's much longer than kh2. in my opinion, much better than kh2.

super2j

Honestly, i am glad to here that im still at the beginning. And that its way more strategy then button mashing.
how is it in terms of visuals, btw i cant remember what the game looked like visually, it isnt to important but there is a limit... and how are the level sizes ->lol all i remember the first few times through traverse town, i would always get lost and not realize i have been circling the same area for like 10 minutes

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
Visually, I guess you could say KH2 is better, the graphics are more crisp and colourful, but KH1 is just a little blurry. The cutscenes still have awesome special effects and shining lasers. Personally, I prefer KH1's graphics.

And yes, the worlds are bigger in KH1, even when you've finished one, you can still go back and find all the treasure chests and trinity limits (and optional bosses for a few of them). And if you find Traverse Town confusing, wait until you get to Hollow Bastion. XD

Apollo

Silver Member
KH1>KH2 simply as that! For the fact that the story is way better, and the game is a lot harder!

super2j

Well then i guess it is decided, i'll start searching for a good deal (thats just the way i am) i will get it and play it
but this time i'll make sure to use a memory card. now all i have left is play final mix!!:thumbsup:

thanks

ps how do i close a thread:huh:

MosesMohs

Well then i guess it is decided, i'll start searching for a good deal (thats just the way i am) i will get it and play it
but this time i'll make sure to use a memory card. now all i have left is play final mix!!:thumbsup:

thanks

ps how do i close a thread:huh:

can't.

a mod can though.

HeroX45

KH1 has harder Boss fights while KH2 boss fights were really easy because of all the combos and special moves you could pre-form. I really hope Birth By Sleep will be better then both and hard at the same time.

Lexeon

Yeah, KH1 is worth it. Although, sitting through the agonizing cutscenes after you loose a fight will get on your nerves, but KH1 is worth it...especially if you want to learn more of the story.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Not only is KHI worth buying, it's superior to it's sequel.

As long as you can get over the camera/ graphics, but those aren't that big of a problem.

honey.bear

Website
www.myspace.com
2>1. the first one was ALOT longer, and had stupid worlds like Monstro. it was a good game, but i didn't like it as much as i liked the second one. you should still buy it.

Cloudless Sky

Haha... Don't worry about the attacking "others" stuff... Since majority users in this forum not this "unsophiscated" ( suddenly recall of those unsofiscated people in gamefaqs.com... blah )

Anyway, believe me... KH1 is worth it... I start with KH2 and I scare that KH1 will be boring at 1st... However, it appears to be very addictive too... But I'm not a big fans of Pinochio

sifero

KH is has its good times and its bad times. One good thing about is that it can be fun in some places. There are a few problems like the camera being controlled by R2 and L2 (chalk one up for Square Enix). Also unlike KH2 if you die by a boss you are going to have to watch the cutscene all over again. Other than that Kh is a fun game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back