• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2, a terrible game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandslash

You know something's wrong when Goofy's the voice of logic.
Goofy = Brock in Pokemon. But Goofy is at least smarter than Sora and Donald.

Nice going jumping from that balcony, Kairi. How about that cliff over there?
Agreed. And she didn't even feel a little pain

hell we DID get yaoi with Sora reaching for Riku's ass.
Well, it was Riku's belt.

Personally, I really loved the game. I played it before KH and I liked it more than the first one.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
It didnt have anywhere near the amazing story as KH1.

maggosh

Awards
Website
www.khwiki.net
The only complaint I have is using Epcar instead of Zane for Xehanort (which places me in the minority...)

Quite the minority indeed. I found Epcar did XH's voice better than Zane. Zane sounded like he was...moaning.

I dunno, it's like comparing the two Death Note openings.

It didnt have anywhere near the amazing story as KH1.

I found the story for KH was quite slow, to be honest.

axelroxasxion91

sheesh, what's the big fuss about the story? The way I see it, merge every all the Kingdom Hearts games, and it's all just one story that begins in BBS and is ongoing.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
sheesh, what's the big fuss about the story? The way I see it, merge every all the Kingdom Hearts games, and it's all just one story that begins in BBS and is ongoing.

That will change anything how?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Not terrible. Just not as good as the others.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
sheesh, what's the big fuss about the story?

That not all of us can get by a game on gameplay alone and the story was severely lacking. Hell, Nomura himself admitted to failing on that bit when he admitted in an interview he realized he left so much plot out when he was helping out on the novels and realized how much he had to fill in.

The way I see it, merge every all the Kingdom Hearts games, and it's all just one story that begins in BBS and is ongoing.

That has to do with anything how?

Maybe but it was a simpler story in KH1 imo. KH2 made things very complex.

The story wasn't complex. It just wasn't portrayed in the game itself.

axelroxasxion91

That not all of us can get by a game on gameplay alone and the story was severely lacking. Hell, Nomura himself admitted to failing on that bit when he admitted in an interview he realized he left so much plot out when he was helping out on the novels and realized how much he had to fill in.

That has to do with anything how?

What I meant was that I don't see the story of any KH game separate from another. Rather, I look at the big picture, which is the story that begins with BBS and ends somewhere after coded (KH3 maybe?). Btw, I don't see what was so lacking about KH2's plot other than Xigbar, Demyx, and Luxord not having their names mentioned.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What I meant was that I don't see the story of any KH game separate from another. Rather, I look at the big picture, which is the story that begins with BBS and ends somewhere after coded (KH3 maybe?).

Just because it's one big story doesn't mean parts of it can't be worse than others quality wise.

Btw, I don't see what was so lacking about KH2's plot other than Xigbar, Demyx, and Luxord not having their names mentioned.

You're a lucky individual then.

Muse

you look atrocious
What about the Disney world plots that were unrelated to what was going on with the Organization? :v

Or just general 'wtf' moments?

axelroxasxion91

Just because it's one big story doesn't mean parts of it can't be worse than others quality wise.

You're a lucky individual then.

Well, I simply don't see these parts you're talking about, so I guess I am lucky to actually call KH2 my favorite Kingdom Hearts game (hoping BBS becomes my favorite when released).

What about the Disney world plots that were unrelated to what was going on with the Organization? :v

Or just general 'wtf' moments?

As much as I loved KH2, I will agree that there were worlds that were totally unneccessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon Sword

Ive read everyones reply. And i have to agree with some of u with the issues in this game. But like i said i never saw anything bad about the game.I liked everything they put in it. The drive modes were awesome and helpful, liked the worlds, etc. The game wasnt that easy, I mean i died for the first time during my first playthrough with Demyx! Yes Demyx the suppossed weakest and laziest member of the organization. I feel that it was the best entry in the series, maybe beats the orginal but at the same time the original is still good. But whatever, everyone has an opinion and il just stick to mine.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Don't diss Demyx. He's a tough challenge for newer players.

Overall, imo, KH2 was too easy in terms of difficulty (short of some bosses like Demyx, fortunately this was rectified in FM+), had too much plot holes (rectified in FM+ too, to some extent), and most of the worlds were pointless, thrown in for the sake of having it there. The only worlds that actually made sense were pretty much the worlds the Organization members appeared in, and even that was stretching it, since they never really explained much why they even got there in the first place (apart from Xaldin's recruitment campaign).

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Let's see..

It was pathetically easy. I mean, I had more trouble with KH1's Normal mode than Proud mode, but I've heard from some that Proud is harder. Even still, KH1's Expert mode pwns Proud mode ten times over. Am I over exaggerating? Yeah, I probably am, but even so.. play through Expert and Proud at around say and try to take on the final boss at level 55.

I took on KH2's on level 56 and KH1's on level 55. Sure, I was further along in KH2, but it's only one level. Nevertheless, I pwned Xemnas' ass, but Xehanort's Heartless was a pain in the ass. Trust me.. if you're level 55 and your defense is 34, when he says "Take this!" you better start dodge rolling out of the way. For me, it was a four to five (If I was using Aero.) hit punch. Oh, and those lazers.. damn.. They were so annoying lethal at level 55, even with Aero, which I recommend if you do a low - mid level run. It's a life-saver, in KH1.

What else? Oh yeah.. as said before, magic is pretty much useless. The only purpose I found was ending a battle asap, beating the "I'm charging my laser" section of the final boss, Cure, and Reflect. Beyond that and those two spells, there was really no other purpose. Btw, I hated how you had to either use a spell or complete a combo to end a boss battle. Sure, I want to have to use spells, but not just to end a battle asap.

Drives, though a cool idea, where relatively unnecessary and pointless. If only they could of beefed up the enemies and/ or had a way to make them more powerful by the level, thus giving Drives a point. Actually, if there's two keyblades, then why is your attack power not going up all too much?

Reaction Commands, though another cool idea, especially if it was more well thought out, are also relatively pointless.. most of the time. Where's the penalty in jamming Triangle until it pops up? Why are they almost always mapped to the Triangle button? Why not on the Command menu more.. or on other buttons? There's so many ways they could of been done better. It looks like BBS might be taking the cue, seeing how I recall seeing circle being used for one or two of them, instead of triangle and triangle was in there to.

Finally.. (I got more to say, but I'll end it here.) the story sucked and failed at being connected. That is all.

Aria

braver by the minute
Things I didn't like about KHII:
-It got dumbed down(especially Sora)
-Easy easy easy easy
-No real mystery to the plot
-Was bad compared to the first two.
-Atlantica
-Disney worlds didn't have anything to do with the overall plot
- Triangle('nuff said)

Things I did like about KHII:
-Organization XIII
-Lots of cutscenes(although too many sometimes)
-The music <3
-Opening was amazing.
-The new worlds

I don't hate KHII, it's just not as good as the other ones. The thing that makes me mad is that it had so much potential!

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
Things I didn't like about KHII:
-It got dumbed down(especially Sora)
-Easy easy easy easy
-No real mystery to the plot
-Was bad compared to the first two.
-Atlantica
-Disney worlds didn't have anything to do with the overall plot
- Triangle('nuff said)

Things I did like about KHII:
-Organization XIII
-Lots of cutscenes(although too many sometimes)
-The music <3
-Opening was amazing.
-The new worlds

I don't hate KHII, it's just not as good as the other ones. The thing that makes me mad is that it had so much potential!
That's my take on it also. I was expecting so many good things from it becausew KH was one of the first PS2 games I've ever played, i was hoping it would bring the magic back, but it ended up disapointing me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back