• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Field & Battle Track List!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritsoul

Sorry for the double post, but they've released the recording of Night of Fate :

Kingdom Hearts Piano Collections - Field & Battle - Night of Fate

And here are some previews of the songs :

[Preview] Kingdom Hearts Piano Collections - Field & Battle

Last edited:

Lvng

Ah they've released a preview for Hollow Bastion and Xion's theme at the main site. The promotion movie is also now available to see (no really new previews except that a new arrangement for Dearly Beloved is shown at the end, possibly for the Medley?). Xion's theme sounds a lot like an arrangement from the X-2 piano collections so far. Which is amazing.

Lvng

No its not the new one, its the prototype one that was on the Sampler CD.

Lvng

Well now we've got previews for Wonderland (sounds...interesting. Will be fun to learn, that's for sure...) and the Medley. I don't even recognize the song in the preview, but it doesn't sound as impressive as it could be. It's as bland as a MIDI file, really. It kinda gets better at the fading out of the sample though...

X-Face

Well now we've got previews for Wonderland (sounds...interesting. Will be fun to learn, that's for sure...) and the Medley. I don't even recognize the song in the preview, but it doesn't sound as impressive as it could be. It's as bland as a MIDI file, really. It kinda gets better at the fading out of the sample though...

It's called The Encounter, I THINK it plays in Hollow Bastion during the battle with the 1,000 Heartless.
It sounds awesome!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by X-Face
I THINK it plays in Hollow Bastion during the battle with the 1,000 Heartless.

Actually, the song that plays during the 1000 heartless battle is called Sinister Shadows. The Encounter plays when you're fighting Scar I think...

X-Face

Oh, ok, I wasn't so sure, and indeed, you're right, it also plays during the battle against Scar.
In fact, it plays during many Disney battles, I've looked it up on KH Wiki:

It plays when you fight a Disney Boss in Kingdom Hearts II or Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. It is also played in other instances, such as the last Nobody mission battle in front of the Mansion in Twilight Town, where you fight alongside King Mickey.

Spiritsoul

I made a little compilation of the previews :

[Preview-3] Kingdom Hearts Piano Collections - Field & Battle

Omg, they play tension rising at the Medley of Conflict. I'm so happy arabslol

Last edited:

aswaxsora

Awards
BUMP!

I think Medley of Conflict is sounding EPIC! I mean you have a small preview. So far it's epic. Knowing Yoko, it's going to even be more EPIC! Even Wonderland's Surprises sounds amazing. Everything is sounding good.

I need to download this soon! Also, does anyone think that 'Musique pour la tristesse de Xion' sounds a bit like a Joe Hisaishi's work?

Lvng

Ok well there's not really an update, except that Play-Asia's status has changed on it (giving no release date) and my copy from Yesasia has not even come in stock yet. Bad thing?

However, the album is up on iTunes Japan, and you can hear the previews. The Scherzo is happy, that's for sure. Monstro is what you'd expect from it. It's one of the more laid back tracks, from the preview, but with a lot of technique needed to make up for the tempo.

Sinister Sundown is extended by about 55 seconds. All the other tracks clock in at about the 3-4 minute mark, the longest being Xion's theme at 5:35 (hope that's a good thing). It certainly sounds like something off the X-2 piano collections album, with 12ths in a rhythm similar to Wind Crest, and I can imagine a climax in a similar style too. Hollow Bastion certainly sounds like another plus side to the album, from the sounds of both previews.

For those interested, the Medley's preview continues right about after the preview on the main site, and sounds considerably better than what they gave us there (more depth and dynamics and technique). Definitely seems more complex than the 13th Side.

And I wonder if Wonderland is really just a random repetition of those two sections of music. I really hope not.

Seems like I'll be playing the album in reverse when I get my copy.

Spiritsoul

So the first song is from BBS huh? Sounds okay, but not very spectacular.
I'll be playing Sinister Sundown and Xion first, when I get my album :)
Here are the time of the tracklist :

1 Scherzo Caprice On a Theme of Never Land 下村陽子 3:49
2 Sinister Sundown 下村陽子 3:16
3 Wonderland's Surprises 下村陽子 4:12
4 Lazy Afternoons 下村陽子 4:10
5 Night of Fate 下村陽子 4:03
6 A Very Small Wish - Monstrous Monstro 下村陽子 3:49
7 Hollow Bastion 下村陽子 3:53
8 Medley of Conflict 下村陽子 4:19
9 Musique Pour la Tristesse de Xion 下村陽子 5:35 YEAH!!

Lvng

It woulld appear that stocks are fairly low; most importing sites say it'll ship withing a week to two weeks. Luckily, mine just came in stock, and so it'll be here about next week XD

Also, wonder when the book will come out. I don't see anything yet on Yamaha Music Media's page. It was a little less than a month last time, although the FF collections tend to take much longer...

Edit: Did anyone else notice that in the booklet for the first PC, there's a faded image of the sheet music of Organization XIII? What a tease... Not that it isn't the same as the 13th Side's opening or anything...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back